• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gym Idiot Sightings 2007

ponyboy

Training Trainer
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
First of the year...sigh...trying to work with clients tonight was a nightmare.

#1) Guy moving from talking on his cell phone to trying to pick up a hot girl to typing in his blackberry to reading a NEWSPAPER at 6:30 AT NIGHT!? He did 3 sets of bicep curls in 15 minutes that I saw.

#2) People with no idea of space standing in front of every dumbbell rack.

#3) The group of four douchebags doing cable crossovers for 25 minutes hogging the only double cable stack on that floor. Can't imagine doing a workout with three other guys.

Any additions?

I hate when people stand right in front of the rack, or at its ends. The DB rack in my gym is parallel w/ the room and long, so there's only two ways to get on the other side of it, around the top and around the back. People have this fascination w/ standing right in one of these exits, not sure what it is.

This guy at my gym - loads up for squats with 250 kilos - paces around grunts a bit looks real pumped - then drops it to 200 kilos (without doing even 1 rep of 250) starts to squat with about 2 centimeters of range. Buy the way this is the same guy who left his bright pink underwear on the back of the door in the shower - he now has the nickname PINKY!!!

just today i had to be kinda mean to a few idiot kids picking up their dumbells then not taking a step, doing curls right in front of the rack while blocking a good range of dumbells with their endless momentum dependant curl routine.

Peeps it's that same time of year ... same shit every year at the gym. The wannabe's will clear out in a weak week or so after they fail miserably at their collective New Year's Resolution to look like Arnold by Feb. It is sooooo fricken annoying though. The lack of experience in the gym shows in the way these guys cut in or snatch your plates without asking if your done.

HAHAHAHA! Stories like these really make me glad to have a nice home gym in my cellar.

Peeps it's that same time of year ... same shit every year at the gym. The wannabe's will clear out in a weak week or so after they fail miserably at their collective New Year's Resolution to look like Arnold by Feb. It is sooooo fricken annoying though. The lack of experience in the gym shows in the way these guys cut in or snatch your plates without asking if your done.

Exactly.My gym is a popular one, every January I have to put up w/ gym retardation until they give up in february. The gym ethics arent even complicated yet msot people still fuck up.

these two doing upright rows had way too much weight the bar. by the way they were jerking the weight up, you'd think they were oly lifters.

If anyone lives in my area and sees me at the gym tomorrow....rest assure that someone will be talking about me in this thread.

If anyone lives in my area and sees me at the gym tomorrow....rest assure that someone will be talking about me in this thread.

I got a better idea. Read the stickies, STICK TO YOUR GOALS, and still be right here with us next year as we do what we do every year around this time ... piss and moan about the newbies. Of course that would mean you'd have to deal with being a stronger, leaner, sexier you. Sure eating an entire apple pie at bedtime would be a distant memory. So would the free time that gets replaced with updating your diet and your workout routines by doing proper research ... when your not lifting or doing cardio that is. Aaaaannd you should of course be prepared to handle the extra activities you'll finally get around to ... like looooooonger sex.

So whadya say there Jaha ... :thinking: ... can you hang out for a year? It'll change your life ... :clapping:

IML Gear Cream!
I got a better idea. Read the stickies, STICK TO YOUR GOALS, and still be right here with us next year as we do what we do every year around this time ... piss and moan about the newbies. Of course that would mean you'd have to deal with being a stronger, leaner, sexier you. Sure eating an entire apple pie at bedtime would be a distant memory. So would the free time that gets replaced with updating your diet and your workout routines by doing proper research ... when your not lifting or doing cardio that is. Aaaaannd you should of course be prepared to handle the extra activities you'll finally get around to ... like looooooonger sex.

So whadya say there Jaha ... :thinking: ... can you hang out for a year? It'll change your life ... :clapping:

That's the plan. I'm still going to look like a retard though :nerd: .

Oh, and I'm married so longer sex? What would I want it to be longer for? ;)

:roflmao:

STick your wife on the eliptical for 45 mins a day and update her diet, throw out all the cakes and candies, cut back her allowance so she cant by mcdonnalds.

:rocker:

:laugh: ... like motiv8ed said get her in the game.

Welcome to IM Jaha ... hope to see you around for a long time.

Who said it had to be sex with your wife? ;)

HAHAHAHA! Stories like these really make me glad to have a nice home gym in my cellar.

Ditto. It wasn't long ago that I was lifting at Ballys that I saw the most ridiculous people ever. I lifted at one here in Philly and my god I'm so glad to be out of there. The people were rude, loud and this 1 guy always wore a Dallas shirt. What a dick. It does get really crowded around this time of year. You get the soccer Moms and a lot of young kids. For some reason they like to lift in groups.:confused:

Even my shithole of a gym gets these people. I started training earlier though so hopefully I can avoid most of them.

i'm gonna have to walk into bally's to see what retards started appearing there.

Does Bally's even have barbells and dumb bells? I always thought it was a place were women go to do crunches and spin.

I work out at home. I fell over sideways while doing dumbell bench. Heh.

we had the ol' 2 man bench today. one fat guy loaded up the bench with 3 plates each side, and whilst shouting he 'benched' for 4 reps... whilst his spotter helped him considerably on every rep. He got up and shouted 'yea!!'.

IML Gear Cream!
we had the ol' 2 man bench today. one fat guy loaded up the bench with 3 plates each side, and whilst shouting he 'benched' for 4 reps... whilst his spotter helped him considerably on every rep. He got up and shouted 'yea!!'.

Some people just make you want to install hidden electromagnets beneath the benches and 'accidentally' flip the switch at the 'wrong' moment.

Er... maybe that's just me...

Some people just make you want to install hidden electromagnets beneath the benches and 'accidentally' flip the switch at the 'wrong' moment.

Er... maybe that's just me...

:thinking: ... I could do that.

Or turn it on as they reach for the plates ...

First of the year...sigh...trying to work with clients tonight was a nightmare.

#1) Guy moving from talking on his cell phone to trying to pick up a hot girl to typing in his blackberry to reading a NEWSPAPER at 6:30 AT NIGHT!? He did 3 sets of bicep curls in 15 minutes that I saw.

#2) People with no idea of space standing in front of every dumbbell rack.

#3) The group of four douchebags doing cable crossovers for 25 minutes hogging the only double cable stack on that floor. Can't imagine doing a workout with three other guys.

Any additions?

How about the people that go from the bench press to the dumbell curl to the tricep machine - all in a matter of 2 minutes doing 1 set each looking lost and reading all the "how tos" on the machines (disclaimer - not that there's anything wrong with learning how to do an exercise correctly just in this given situation it makes me roll my eyes)

This time of year I just pull the baseball cap down further over my eyes and turn UP the Ipod :thumb:

People doing hypers that extend way to far both ways and do them like they need to finish the set in 5 seconds. Doesn't bother me per se but I cringe when I see them thinking they're gonna rip the crap out of their back.

Overhead Triceps Extensions that look like this:
Code:
 < 0 >
   |
   |
  / \

Sigh.

Does Bally's even have barbells and dumb bells? I always thought it was a place were women go to do crunches and spin.

LMAO...from their commercials, it's obvious they aren't trying to attract dedicated lifters but the average person who has a hard time going to a gym and keeping their commitment to keeping in shape. They used to play Ace of Base..oh geez

LMAO...from their commercials, it's obvious they aren't trying to attract dedicated lifters but the average person who has a hard time going to a gym and keeping their commitment to keeping in shape. They used to play Ace of Base..oh geez
Lol ... they just want your banking info to show up.

what's even more interesting is their locations are very out of the way (at least in the Bay Area).

How about the people that do a gazillion dips but only go down half way instead of parallel?? Makes me want to go over and push them down all the way :mad:

A new gym in my area has opened called "Beach House Fitness Studio" and I don't live anywhere near the beach. They have pictures of skinny guys and gals sitting on fitness balls on polished floorboards in an empty room looking way too happy with themselves.

Back