PETA Sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETA Sucks!

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Thumbs down PETA Sucks!

I never knew much about PETA but I found out more than I need to know yesterday after "on air" phone call made by a morning talk show I listen to, here is the story: http://consumerfreedom.com/news_deta.../headline/3212

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Defense

Rep Points

"these tofu-devouring loonies" hahhahaha

Quite rediculous I think... that organization is bound to be shut down for acting like complete doushbags. The president of that group is letting his anti-meat bias get infront of his job... what a fag. Pull him out!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Money sucking bunny huggers.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I'm glad some people are realizing this.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Does anyone remember when PETA compared the meat industry to the Jewish holocaust?

Save an animal, eat a PETA member.

Rep Points

I agree they are douchebags, but also understand their quandry. They spend their money so that these farmers can become rich by slaughtering the cattle?

They should have said, "Only if you don't slaughter them." I think the wording was probably bad, but see their stance.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post
    I agree they are douchebags, but also understand their quandry. They spend their money so that these farmers can become rich by slaughtering the cattle?

They should have said, "Only if you don't slaughter them." I think the wording was probably bad, but see their stance.
    They also didn't want to feed the wild animals. But I agree with your point.

Rep Points

I bet if they tried a McRib sandwich they would change their minds.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Focus View Post
    "these tofu-devouring loonies" hahhahaha

Quite rediculous I think... that organization is bound to be shut down for acting like complete doushbags. The president of that group is letting his anti-meat bias get infront of his job... what a fag. Pull him out!
    His dad should have pulled out.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post

farmers are rich?

we eat meat and the cattle are raised as food, so what? also, many of the cattle could be for dairy. the fact that they are animals that are starving to death should be of concern regardless of their fate.

as DOMS said, they had no regard or concern for the wild life either.

Dale, you might want to do some research on PETA before you defend them in any way.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

PETA really does suck. It's a shame too b/c there is really nowhere for your reasonable person who is against animal cruelty to go.

Rep Points

PETA people stole my friends dog because it was chained up in the backyard.

Not even joking, they complained several times (this was years ago), and these PETA ladies came to the door multiple times. The dog was healthy, jsut an outdoor dog that liked tog et dirty and roll in the mud and stuff. I dont think it was sponsored by PETA, but jsut crazy PETA members. They never gave a name, and one morning the dog was gone.

Fucking assholes.
    You guys are going to lose. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isn’t winning in Boston for the season opener. I’m sorry. " - Gilbert Arenas

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    PETA really does suck. It's a shame too b/c there is really nowhere for your reasonable person who is against animal cruelty to go.
    from what I understand the best place to go is your local humane society.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

check out this site: www.petakillsanimals.com

Rep Points

I don't understand, how does PETA kill animals?
    You guys are going to lose. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isn’t winning in Boston for the season opener. I’m sorry. " - Gilbert Arenas

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by goandykid View Post
    I thought that PETA only killed people.

PETA is just like the ACLU. They started out with a noble cause with well reasoned plans and went went and fucked it up.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/petaKillsAnimals.cfm

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/arti...fm?article=134

Rep Points

"On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 write-off for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. So far, the group hasn't confirmed the obvious -- that it's using the appliance to store the bodies of its victims. "

Sounds like a poorly written conspiracy to me. they keep saying "Peta kills this, they kill that" but never list how, why, or details.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The original is here. I couldn't find any sources, but I don't find these points hard to believe.

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 10,000 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2003, PETA put to death over 85 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post

i posted a couple links yesterday in Tesla's thread. peta members are retarded. period. they want to eliminate all pet ownership and they themselves destroy thousands of healthy adoptable animals.

you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

Rep Points

None of these specifically say why these animals are killed, msot of these links sound like bad movie plots.

Even the humane society euthanizes animals, what're these sites trying to say?

flawless

Rep Points

I have a serious question for you all ...

If you happened to just go about doing your usual business and stumbled across a PETA member (or even a regular person) who just randomly took away an innocent animal or started abusing it, what would you do?

I'm just curious because a couple years ago, as i was going for a walk with my friend and his dog, i saw a man viciously hitting his dog in the backyard with a paddle and the dog was bleeding pretty badly. I was shocked and i actually went into the yard and asked the guy what the hell he was doing. He was a little nervous that i was going to do something and unfortunately, he was an alcoholic and took out his anger on the dog for no reason whatsoever. I told him to either give me his dog or i would call the animal control center and he just handed the dog over to me without hesitation so i took the dog home and took care of him for a week or so and they gave him up to a nice, loving family for adoption.

It's sickening to see this happen and it took a while for the dog to let his guard down and realize there are caring people out there. I felt so bad.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by shiznit2169 View Post

If you happened to just go about doing your usual business and stumbled across a PETA member (or even a regular person) who just randomly took away an innocent animal or started abusing it, what would you do?

I'm just curious because a couple years ago, as i was going for a walk with my friend and his dog, i saw a man viciously hitting his dog in the backyard with a paddle and the dog was bleeding pretty badly. I was shocked and i actually went into the yard and asked the guy what the hell he was doing. He was a little nervous that i was going to do something and unfortunately, he was an alcoholic and took out his anger on the dog for no reason whatsoever. I told him to either give me his dog or i would call the animal control center and he just handed the dog over to me without hesitation so i took the dog home and took care of him for a week or so and they gave him up to a nice, loving family for adoption.

It's sickening to see this happen and it took a while for the dog to let his guard down and realize there are caring people out there. I felt so bad.
    Just because I detest PETA doesn't mean that I condone senselessly harming an animal.

Oh, and I'd have done the same thing.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by shiznit2169 View Post

very cool but i would probably be scared and call the police.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

None of these specifically say why these animals are killed, msot of these links sound like bad movie plots.

Even the humane society euthanizes animals, what're these sites trying to say?

they kill them because they want to eliminate all pet ownership. they say slavery is not dead, that pets are today's slave.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

"Is he eating the chicken?! Awww, Jesus..."

I like it that they're wearing head-to-toe leather.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i eat meat but if i had to slaughter it another family member would do it or it would be chicken and fish. animals raised for meat are very often kept and killed in horrific conditions. one of my goals this year is to bridge the gap between what i know and what i do.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i eat meat but if i had to slaughter it another family member would do it or it would be chicken and fish. animals raised for meat are very often kept and killed in horrific conditions. one of my goals this year is to bridge the gap between what i know and what i do.
    You're going to learn how to slaughter a cow or pig?

I like money

Rep Points

You know what's worse than PETA are these sons of bitches http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

These people are the absolute scum of the earth.

Here's a bit of information on what these assholes do http://www.gotquestions.org/God-hates-fags.html
    I drive a big truck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast