• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Uthinkso's Journal:The Journey Back to Health and Fitness

IML Gear Cream!
Ok I had too many threads going this is going, this will be the journal thread I keep alive and posting too.

I'm at the end of my second month here and living a much cleaner life and also a healthier life. It has been reccomended to me that I need more balance in my diet, and that I'm not getting enough calories or protein for that matter. I was told to check out fitday.com and design 10-15 options for each meal of the day that are balanced, that way I have many choices for food.

I've also learned that I can in fact lose weight by diet control, and that there is no sch thing as target fat loss. I was always under the mind that in order to lose the gut I had to do piles of crunches and while crunches and ab work are helpful. That will not make the gut go away.

So all that being said. I have gotten stronger in my excercises and really am pleased with my progress thus far. I'm still a long way from the ideal body I'm after but I'm well on my way and I feel ready to tackle the diet further.

Huge day at the gym today. Chest workout was killer. I actually feel like I got every part of the muscle and a full range of motion. Also moved some pretty good weight for me. I remind myself that I am back after four years and its going to take time.

Chest
DB press
45x12-55x8-60x6
Cable x-over
40x12-45x8-50x6 (weights per side of course)
Incline bench
115x12-120x8-130x6 (my weakest movement, but again I'm just getting back)

Biceps
Preacher curl w/ez curl bar
75x12-85x8-100x6 (all clean)
Straight bar curl
65x6-65x6-75x5
Pull downs (palms facing me)
100x12-110x8-120x6

20 minutes of HIIT on treadmill (wow this stuff really works)

I noticed I seemed to have more strength today, not sure if it has to do with the fact that I took in 160g of protein in my meals before my workout where I normally would have 90-100g. Any thoughts on this, can diet make you physically stronger and able to push more weight?

Well I have to say that the last week has been real eye opener. I've come to the conclusion that I lost the first 20lb so fast because my body was shocked from the change in diet and any excercise v.s. no excercise. I have gained 12lb of the 20lb back according to the scale but haven't taken any measurements. I have calipers en route so I can calculate what my LBM is and what my total body fat is. I've been combing through the stickies and developing a new training routine that works best for me instead of the split I've been doing.

I'm also trying to get my caloric intake up near 3000kcal and 300g of protein.

Good week and really feeling like I have a handle on the diet. Tons of compliments lately when people, see me so I know I'm not dreaming things up.

This week has been hectic and I'm learning how incorporate my healthy lifestyle with my fast paced world. Down 3lb this week, not a triumph but its in the right direction.

Well Friday evening through Sunday evening my father and I worked on remodeling my bathroom. What a chore, I truly underestimated how physically demanding construction/remodeling work can be. I haven't worked for my father since I was 18yrs old, but man back then I used to think nothing of it. Its pretty taxing now, but I sure am glad that I've been working out the past two months. Otherwise this weekend could have very well leveled me.

I didn't get to eat as often as I would have liked over the weekend for obvious reasons, but I made sure that I ate correctly when I did eat.

Once everything is moved back into place and cleaned up, I'll take my monthly update pics. Not expecting much visual progress but a comparision is always good.

Well the bathroom is done and Ic an resume normal living. Thank god. I miss the gym, but a least I got to eat well adn didn't put any weight back on. I still feel like I am wandering blindly into this whole thing.

I really need to figure out what my current BMI is and what my true mantainance level is.

Well week one of the push/pull/legs routine is behind me. In fact I'm starting with legs on day one of next week. I've introduced a lot of new movements to my body today. Never once did I feel in a rythm or any pattern to my workouts. I know theres a lot going on right now and that I will settle into a routine that I can tweak to work for me.

I have a set of calipers on the way so I can figure out what my BMI is and how much lean body mass I actually have. From there I can get a better idea about my caloric intake and where my ideal intake level is.

Good leg workout, still taking my time with weight but after today I know I can full well take on more than I'm doing.

I did my squats as follows
135x12
185x8
205x6

Plan next week is to push up to 225lb on the last set. I want to hit 315lb x8 as the goal. From there I'll push on of course but thats the first goal.

Deadlifts also went well, again could have easily done more but not wanting to push myself too far. Deads went as follows.
135x12
225x8
275x6

Really paid close attention that I was looking in the mirror at all times so that my face and chest were as vertical as possible. Still felt it in my lower back, but it was clearly a burn and not a strain. No pain what so ever. Grip was also rock solid. Pretty happy with this, considering I haven't been in the gym in an easy four years and deads and squats were never part of my routine.

I have spent the last several years working with engines, and moving engine blocks around that weigh in access of 200lb and they don't come with handles like a bar does.

One thing I noticed is that I wasn't sweating after deads, I was raining. I couldn't believe it, I've never sweat like this. Perhaps the cleaner diet or drinking more fluids through-out the day.

Push day on thursday.

Back