• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

P90x

p90x the real deal

Until you or anyone else gets the program and follows it you don't have anything worth saying. How can a person put down a program not to mention the people on the videos without having done it? None of those people are actors. The people on the videos are not athletes either. They have all gone through the program themselves. Ab ripper may sound like every other thing out there but it is not a walk in the park. The workout is super intense. All the workouts in P90X will make you work for it. As Tony says" This ain't some silly little class from the 70's. Everyone can have an opinion but don't trash P90x until you have gone through it. It will never quit working for you unless you quit. Nuff said

Why would you waste your money on that bs. You have found ironmagforums.com, now search, read, and learn. There is a million times more info on this site than you could ever fit in a p90x video.

couldnt have said it better myself.
your on a bodybuilding website. i'm sure there's a p90x chat room somewhere if you really want to discuss this with someone...

Until you or anyone else gets the program and follows it you don't have anything worth saying. How can a person put down a program not to mention the people on the videos without having done it? None of those people are actors. The people on the videos are not athletes either. They have all gone through the program themselves. Ab ripper may sound like every other thing out there but it is not a walk in the park. The workout is super intense. All the workouts in P90X will make you work for it. As Tony says" This ain't some silly little class from the 70's. Everyone can have an opinion but don't trash P90x until you have gone through it. It will never quit working for you unless you quit. Nuff said

Every guy I know who did p90x lost strength and mass in the quest for abs.

My abs are still better then theirs.

Nuff said.

Of course another person whose only post is to support P90x.
This thread just breeds spam.

:jerkit:

Welcome back "Special" K. And by Special I mean the slow kind of special. Me big and bad, me wanna fight, me make fire, me don't like, me fight you. Kimora angry! Kimora smash! You do know that Anger is Fear announced! What are you afraid of? Oh I know, of being wrong, and folks here are proving you wrong, so your fear gets perverted into anger. Simple, from a simpleton.

How much I.Q. does it take to spout the nonsense that you repeat? I knew you couldn't resist! Humans are programmable, much like Pavlovs response. You're like a robot.

We're not talking about the navy seals or any other well institutionalize,fed, and well trained body of people, we're talking about lay-people and p90x.

But frankly I still could give a shit who does it. I don't care if Jesus Christ came down and said hey do p90. I'm gonna tell him why I don't recommend it and why. Then I'm gonna tell him and show him how he can achieve the same goals in a much safer fashion. Then we're both gonna laugh at you for falling for the marketing, then we're gonna laugh at you again for coming back to this thread and showing your ignorance, yet again. Don't you understand? You can't win this. Stop. Give up. You started off on the wrong foot. You could've corrected yourself but you choose to go down a road you can't navigate with your small and apparently crippled intuition.

I don't bench 400, and I can easily knock out 20+ pullups, at 260lbs, without cheating, oh I meant "kipping" like your holy grail P90 suggests.
Not only are you a pussy, but you're also gay! Stop looking at my dick dude! :owned: It's funny that you're talking all of this smack but clicking on my pic link and checking me out, in a sexual way. It's right at 8 inches and gets the job done. Ask your mom, after you clean up your room, then we'll go get you some ice cream if you're good, young immature boy. I could've been your dad but the German Shephard beat me to it! See ya later Gay boy. You wouldn't make it in the Navy Seals, "Don't ask, don't tell!" :roflmao:

Kimora: :homo:

:coffee:

I'm sorry to resurrect this old post, but I had to say this could quite possibly be the greatest post I've seen on this board.

I already repped Merkaba in this thread, so can someone else do it for me please?

Hahaha, I love the whole Jesus Christ coming to suggest P90X. I bet Jesus is ripped, and gets all the pussy in heaven. Yeah, heaven pussy.

Then, with his P90X explosiveness, he super squats himself all the way to Taliban heaven and scores some of their promised virgins. Yeah, Jesus is totally the man.

And as someone else alluded to. What happens when you stop? How many people are gonna do p90x 3, 4 times a week for the next 5 years? Everyone thinks that weight is controlled by working out [...] I would rather someone do P90x as opposed to doing nothing.

I think this is a very important point that is lost on individuals who do not have sufficient experience to judge the lasting effectiveness of a diet and training regimen. Those inexperienced individuals see results, whether in friends or themselves, that ultimately are very ephemeral. Unfortunately, those individuals are not able to foresee or react to the effects of stopping the program upon its completion. Simply put, one can not participate in the level of activity expected of the program, especially while in a caloric deficit, for months and months and months at a time.

Those who use p90x as a primary form of training are ignorant towards what constitutes an effective training modality. I've been ignorant too. Fortunately, forums like this one exist to help educate those who want to be helped. There are plenty of deconditioned and uninformed people who come to forums like this one and ultimately get in excellent shape and become very knowledgeable on producing predictable results with repeatable programs that can be applied to a wide variety of individuals.

If you look through these p90x threads, there's always a typical pattern of posters. A person comes in and asks about the program, the forum members recommend against doing it, the person usually ignores the advice of the forum members and is never heard from again -- I've never seen them come back after 3 months to prove the forum members wrong...perhaps they are too busy enjoying their newfound leanness. Or, the individual sticks around and actually gets lean and strong.

Either way, you'll always get people who stop by to call the forum members brash idiots because they've seen 'results' for a few weeks. They'll put in a few posts full of strawman attacks and never end up actually giving a good argument. They ultimately just end up going away.

I think this is a very important point that is lost on individuals who do not have sufficient experience to judge the lasting effectiveness of a diet and training regimen. Those inexperienced individuals see results, whether in friends or themselves, that ultimately are very ephemeral. Unfortunately, those individuals are not able to foresee or react to the effects of stopping the program upon its completion. Simply put, one can not participate in the level of activity expected of the program, especially while in a caloric deficit, for months and months and months at a time.

Those who use p90x as a primary form of training are ignorant towards what constitutes an effective training modality. I've been ignorant too. Fortunately, forums like this one exist to help educate those who want to be helped. There are plenty of deconditioned and uninformed people who come to forums like this one and ultimately get in excellent shape and become very knowledgeable on producing predictable results with repeatable programs that can be applied to a wide variety of individuals.

If you look through these p90x threads, there's always a typical pattern of posters. A person comes in and asks about the program, the forum members recommend against doing it, the person usually ignores the advice of the forum members and is never heard from again -- I've never seen them come back after 3 months to prove the forum members wrong...perhaps they are too busy enjoying their newfound leanness. Or, the individual sticks around and actually gets lean and strong.

Either way, you'll always get people who stop by to call the forum members brash idiots because they've seen 'results' for a few weeks. They'll put in a few posts full of strawman attacks and never end up actually giving a good argument. They ultimately just end up going away.

Nice post. :thumb:

:clapping:

My boyfriend and I just started the P90X program this week. It is strict, and you definitely want to do some major meal planning befroe you start. If anyone is interested in our Type A personality spreadsheet where we plan everything and get the ratio breakdowns, let me know. I definitely feel like I am getting a good workout. And the concept behind it is muscle confusion...you're targeting a different muscles group each day. Granted I don't really have any more weight to lose, as I'm already 110 pounds, but we chose this program to take our fitness to the next level, really challenge ourselves.

IML Gear Cream!
we chose this program to take our fitness to the next level.

What was your prior level, the couch?

I started lifting weights at 18, weights no machines, no fucking gimmick programs, just weights and am still at it. I guess I'm stuck on level one what a loser I am.:loser2:

Man I bet arnold schwarzenegger was using p90x!!!!!!!!! He used to be ripped!
I also think that Jay cutler and ronnie coleman use it right now! That's just the only explanation for them being so big and cut.. They took it to the next level with p90X!!!!!!!!! lmao

Every guy I know who did p90x lost strength and mass in the quest for abs.

My abs are still better then theirs.

Nuff said.

x2...
Just read built's articles... Her programs will annihilate p90x results :thumbup:

Break out the torchs, I know someone will burn me but here it goes. Last year I was 255lbs, 6',BF around 30%, and had to squeeze my fat ass into a size 40 pants to go to my wifes grandfathers funeral. For the last 14yrs after school I avg. 60-90hrs a week. I was always tired and working out of a service truck everything was on the fly at all the fast food joints.
Long story short, I played baseball, football, and wrestled all the way through highschool. The one thing that P90X did give me was that there still hope. If all these other people could get off their ass I could too. I am 34y/o went from 255 to 195 in 90 days. Went from a size 40 to a 34 pants and a 19inch neck to 17 1/2. I'm not saying its for any bodybuilder but I am saying it is great for somebody looking for hope.
I stopped doing P90X last year in Sept. and kept my diet pretty good. All that being said my freind got me into the gym in April this year. After loosing all that mass and not doing anything for around 7 months I was pretty weak. Day 1 in the gym bench 1rmax 175, 2 weeks ago I hit 315 on bench. My starting weight was 205 and right now I'm 220 at 14% BF.

All in all I would say that P90X was worth every damn penny because it gave me enough Hope that if those people could get back into shape that I could too. I will say that it woke me up and got me into doing alot more research and here I am today. When you go from being borderline obeast to losing over half of your bodyfat it will humble you. Ya'll can break out the marshmellows and start the flame.

Hombre

Shouldn't even post ur photos man, because if these are the results with the p90x shit then u just wasted three months of training bro. U could have got the same results with going on a deficit calories take in

Holy crap you lost 60 lbs in three months. Now, there's no way to lose this much fat in three months - 60 lbs of fat is 60 X 3500 = 2300 calories per day x 90 days.

In other words, you would have to sustain a deficit of over 2300 calories a day for 90 days and somehow, without a boatload of gear, manage to not drop any muscle. You lost muscle during those 90 days, no way around that one. Muscle doesn't store that many calories - my nearest estimation for the calories stored in a pound of muscle is about 500-600 calories, based on a pound of raw sirloin. Create a deficit of 3500 calories and lose one pound of fat, or about 6 lbs of muscle. You see my point.

That being said, by your estimation, you started with about 180 lbs of lean mass (when you were 255 lbs in the summer of 2009), and now, 16 months later, you carry 190 lbs of lean mass.

This is good - you're leaner now than you were, and more muscular. If this is the only way you were able to approach this, good for you. You made it work.

I could have helped you get more fat off and put more muscle on with less work, given that timeline, but the fact remains that you made it happen and it worked. It didn't have to be that hard, but still, props. :thumb:

Thanks Built, I was taking in around 1700 to 1900 cal. per day. Hindsight I know now that it didn't have to be that hard but I did not know any better at the time. Right now my diet is around 4200-4700 cal. per day. I am in the gym 5-6 days a week with mostly weights trying to put as much mass on as possible. Again, I'm not saying that the workouts are that great. I'm just saying that their getting people that are ashamed of how they just let themselves go and are intimidated and would not go to the gym looking like a fat ass. I was one of those people with alot of shame. All I can say now is that I don't talk any smack on anybody as long as they are getting it done. The thing about p90x is its pops up on the tv all the time without searching for it. This site and others have all anybody could ever need as far as bb and training. the one thing that this site and all the others don't do is pop up on tvs or computor screens. You actually have to get off your but and search for this stuff. I love this site, it has alot of good and smart people helping out others to getting it done. I'll quit beating this dead horse.

You bet, you surely did get 'er done.

Most who lose weight this way gain it all back. You took the essential step of learning other and better ways to train and diet.

I saw some idiot doing P90X at the gym. He had his laptop, which was playing the DVD, set up on a flat barbell bench, and about six sets of dumbells surrounding him.

Needless to say, he looked ridiculous, and everyone in the gym looked at him in a "WTF!!!" manner. So obnoxious.

You bet, you surely did get 'er done.

Most who lose weight this way gain it all back. You took the essential step of learning other and better ways to train and diet.

How does it work to where you gain it back fast? I'm seriously pigging out and nearly doubled my calorie intake and I'm not gaining any weight

IML Gear Cream!
Hi, I've been browsing around the internet seeing what other people think of the P90X program, and it's so interesting what the responses are. It seems as if many "super fit" people in general are skeptic about any program purchased off the TV being worth it. On the other hand, I've visited some forums where people were extra negative around 2007 and then the discussion steadily became very positive up til the present. Is this because the ultra fit already have the motivation to do it all themselves?

Anyway, I just completed P90X last week, and I'm really happy with the results. I was in pretty good shape beforehand, but it really got me to a whole new level of fitness without having to break my brain over what I should be doing. I published my befores and afters and impressions here: . I went from 12.6% body fat to 6.3%, and I got more definition.

I'm trying to figure out what to do next, though. Any thoughts on where I can start? My goal is to try new things, keep the intensity up, and see further all-around improvements in my body. I could use a little more size, but not much. I like lean muscle definition and staying generally flexible and athletic.

Im going to need a little better results for 100+ bucks, 90 days and a strict ass routine and diet. (ref. to pic)

I just seen the name of this and it said P90X, can not be stuffed reading through the whole thread but I can say that P90X does work well, I used it after I dislocated my knee and did not workout for a while, so I used it pretty much for something to do and it really did work great! I think its a great program. I have since moved on and am now doing another sort of program (GVT) but all in all it does work well if you have good nutrition.

How does it work to where you gain it back fast? I'm seriously pigging out and nearly doubled my calorie intake and I'm not gaining any weight

How many calories are you eating now, what do you weigh, how much did you lose, and how long did it take you? Also how long have your calories been this high and how are you training now?

How many calories are you eating now, what do you weigh, how much did you lose, and how long did it take you? Also how long have your calories been this high and how are you training now?

I'm eating about 3.5k+, I weigh 193 pounds as of today, I lost 100 pounds over about a year and a half but lost the first 85 in about 6 months, my calories have been this high for about 3 weeks, my training consists of going about 2 times a week to the gym.

Well, at 200 lbs your maintenance should be around 3000 a day anyway. Let's see what happens over the next few months.

Prior to this and joining a gym, I didn't really know how to exercise. I have always been small. Before taking a desk job, i worked retail where I was constantly moving. But in an effort to avoid the corporate spread, I started seriously workng out, not to bulk, as I want to maintain my feminine figure, but just to tone and stay healthy. Moving to a big city gave me access to a gym, where working with a perosnal trainer, I really slimmed down and reached my goal of 110. My boyfriend and I had seen the P90X informercials and talked to a few people who have done it and liked it. So we decided to give it a try. We have really busy schedules, so structuer is important to us. We've completed our first week of P90X and I'm not ready to give it up. It's not for everyone, I agree. But there is not an exercise program out there that is "one size fits all."

I hate to even post here again, but just an update. A whole shitload of us on my oil rig started working out together a little over a year ago. Me and one other guy went with lifting/diet etc, the other 10 or so went with P90x.

Now don't get me wrong, the guys that stuck with it got good results, but me and the other dude got a lot bigger and a lot leaner with a lot less work.

Now 1.5 years later, most of them have stopped, and several of them lift with me now, and those guys are getting accused of being juiced since they are rapidly getting bigger/stronger than the other P90x fellas.

This just sort of backed up my theory that P90x is worlds better than sitting on your ass, but if you have enough dedication and drive to follow that program, you should have more than enough to do some research and put together a decent program.

P90x is like buying a treadmill for your house. if you use it 4-5 times a week and eat properly you will see results, if you use it to hang your dirty clothes on, then you wasted your money. getting active in any way is going to help. so i think alot of it is what your drive and goals are. plus i think alot of people are intimidated going to the gym. and the more out of shape you are ,the more intimidated you are.

I hate to even post here again, but just an update. A whole shitload of us on my oil rig started working out together a little over a year ago. Me and one other guy went with lifting/diet etc, the other 10 or so went with P90x.

Now don't get me wrong, the guys that stuck with it got good results, but me and the other dude got a lot bigger and a lot leaner with a lot less work.

Now 1.5 years later, most of them have stopped, and several of them lift with me now, and those guys are getting accused of being juiced since they are rapidly getting bigger/stronger than the other P90x fellas.

This just sort of backed up my theory that P90x is worlds better than sitting on your ass, but if you have enough dedication and drive to follow that program, you should have more than enough to do some research and put together a decent program.

I came on here to find out what you guys thought of P90X because I watch these transformation videos and get motivated but YIKES, sounds like you guys don't like it!!

How could you not appreciate what it's done for some people? Especially this guy in the video...

YouTube Video

I was just trying to see if it's for women but hmm! :sorry:

Back