25% Off Black Friday Sale

Couture's Comeback

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    15139848

    how the fuck old is he?
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Pedigree's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    451
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    how the fuck old is he?
    43

  4. #4
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    15139848

    damn! 43. I don't know that I would be wanting to get in the ring and mix it up with someone half my age.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  5. #5
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,197
    Rep Points
    81654611

    He better fucking beat him then. Even if he does Cro Cop will just kick his head off.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Interesting.

  7. #7
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    He's out powered so the ground game is not there for him, he's out gunned so the stand and bang option is no option, and his reach is a joke compared to that of Silvia ... WTF does he think he is going to do? Win with a flash KO? I don't see anything else as even remotely possible.

    Hate to see someone I like not accept the clock. He can still fight ... just not at the level he would need to be able to compete at to be able to hold a belt IMHO. VS Cro Cop he'd lose, vs Rampage he'd lose ... I mean WTF is he thinkig?!?!?!?!?

  8. #8
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    He's out powered so the ground game is not there for him, he's out gunned so the stand and bang option is no option, and his reach is a joke compared to that of Silvia ... WTF does he think he is going to do? Win with a flash KO? I don't see anything else as even remotely possible.

    Hate to see someone I like not accept the clock. He can still fight ... just not at the level he would need to be able to compete at to be able to hold a belt IMHO. VS Cro Cop he'd lose, vs Rampage he'd lose ... I mean WTF is he thinkig?!?!?!?!?
    I agree. This is a very bad match-up for him.

  9. #9
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    This is the rest of the card according to the rumors section on the same site:

    UFC 68: MARCH 3, 2007 IN COLUMBUS, OHIO (Nationwide Arena)

    -Randy Couture vs.Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight)
    -Matt Hughes (#2 Welterweight) vs. Chris Lytle
    -Rich Franklin (#5 Middleweight) vs. Jason MacDonald
    -Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight) vs. Luigi Fioravanti
    -Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami

    -Karo Parisyan (#5 Welterweight) vs. TBA
    -Joe Stevenson vs. TBA
    -Gabriel Gonzaga vs. TBA
    -Assuerio Silva vs. TBA
    -Martin Kampmann vs. TBA

    Pretty interesting if ya ask me.

  10. #10
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,197
    Rep Points
    81654611

    And how come Couture is fighting HW? Isn't he a LHW?
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatMC View Post
    This is the rest of the card according to the rumors section on the same site:

    UFC 68: MARCH 3, 2007 IN COLUMBUS, OHIO (Nationwide Arena)

    -Randy Couture vs.Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight)
    -Matt Hughes (#2 Welterweight) vs. Chris Lytle
    -Rich Franklin (#5 Middleweight) vs. Jason MacDonald
    -Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight) vs. Luigi Fioravanti
    -Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami

    -Karo Parisyan (#5 Welterweight) vs. TBA
    -Joe Stevenson vs. TBA
    -Gabriel Gonzaga vs. TBA
    -Assuerio Silva vs. TBA
    -Martin Kampmann vs. TBA

    Pretty interesting if ya ask me.
    Not bad. A lot of big names.

  12. #12
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    And how come Couture is fighting HW? Isn't he a LHW?
    He actually held both titles at one point or another.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    fUnc17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Points
    195351

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    He's out powered so the ground game is not there for him, he's out gunned so the stand and bang option is no option, and his reach is a joke compared to that of Silvia ... WTF does he think he is going to do? Win with a flash KO? I don't see anything else as even remotely possible.

    Hate to see someone I like not accept the clock. He can still fight ... just not at the level he would need to be able to compete at to be able to hold a belt IMHO. VS Cro Cop he'd lose, vs Rampage he'd lose ... I mean WTF is he thinkig?!?!?!?!?

    yea really, i'm just about sick of the guy
    www.monmouthkettlebells.blogspot.com
    AJ Oliva RKC, FMS
    Central NJ

  14. #14
    And the winner is......
    ELITE MEMBER
    the nut's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Quahog, RI
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Points
    2881991

    He's got a much better chance in the heavyweight division than LHW, that's for sure. He's got balls to. At least he'll make Sylvia knock him out, and not just sit back and get peppered. I wouldn't say Sylvia is a lock in this one, like the others.
    I hope that donkey doesn't have a heinie troll!



  15. #15
    I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER
    AKIRA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Points
    68710456

    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatMC View Post
    He actually held both titles at one point or another.
    I was watching a few vids of him as a HW and he looked more promising than LHW...but now? I dont know. Very doubtful.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

Similar Threads

  1. Comeback Cycle
    By Diesel618 in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
  2. Don't call it a comeback...
    By suprfast in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
  3. Best comeback, eeeever.
    By TJTJ in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 01:14 PM
  4. CellWarrior's Comeback Log
    By CellWarrior in forum Online Journals
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 03:28 AM
  5. TUF 4 The Comeback
    By bigss75 in forum Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->