• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

David Beckham coming to play for MLS

And aren't they all ready pretty much going to lose their current star in Adu to the European Leagues? I hope it works out, I would like to see soccer more in the US.

Yeah there was alot of talk about this last year. There are talks about a few more stars later on in there career making the move over here.

But fuck me 250 million.

Toronto just got a MLS team, plus we are host in the under 19 world cup next year, already got some tickets to see it.

5 year 250 million. and i thought alex rodriguez was overpaid. now he looks like a bargain

I can't get into soccer.... But I went to world cup game in '94 at Foxboro Stadium between Argentina and Nigeria, and that was a blast! Although I didn't catch much of the game. It almost had the feel of a college football game in the stands.

I would hit it, go buy her a Big Mac and hit it again...

Shame to see him go from Europe...he is a great football player. Much less likely he will play for England again now...a real shame.
Though at least his kids will have a heck of a lot of money for the future now. I wonder if they'll get American accents...

Shame to see him go from Europe...he is a great football player. Much less likely he will play for England again now...a real shame.
Though at least his kids will have a heck of a lot of money for the future now. I wonder if they'll get American accents...

Wrong, he was a great player. Have you seen him play for Madrid? He's absolutely useless now. Aside from selling jerseys, he's good for nothing.

Also, he announced his retirement from international soccer after England's exit from the World Cup.

hahah, future for his kids? As if his endorsements alone isn't enough.

I haven't seen him play for Madrid no, but he scored a magnificent goal in the World Cup last summer...from watching him there I thought he was as good as ever.
He didn't announce his retirement from international football, just from the Captaincy of England. He still hoped to be on the England team...but so far the new manager hasn't allowed him, which I think is a shame.

First of all he never announced his retierment from international soccer, he doesn't play for england because the new head coach Steve McKlaren doesn't want to call him, and David has said bunch a times in the papers that he wants to play for England any time at any age, Second when you say the man is useless you are wrong he was never scoring machine nor will he ever be because thats not his position his long passes and corner kicks not to mention free kicks are his thing, in Europe he lost a lot of respect mainly because of his wife who turned him into a soft faggot, so when he was linked with Inter Milan and L.A Galaxy everyone knew where he was going to end up, LA of course since his wife is attention hungry and LA is a perfect place for her to end up on magazine covers, and he wasn't paid 250 millions but 50 which is 10 for each season other money comes from endorsments...

I say goodluck to him ive always liked him as a player and a person his wife is a knob but they seem too be happy. I must admit he has had his best years in football but i still think he has a lot to give to football and he gives 100% even if he cantplay the full 90 minutes..

250 mil for an average player past his best???? Madness. All you get with Beckham is a media circus and incredible publicity.

THe MLS needs to start getting players in their prime, likes of Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldhinio, Drogba, Eto, Tevez, Lampard etc. so that it can become a league on par with Europe's best, and provide the entertainment that dull, boring sports like baseball lack.

I was also shocked when I heard this. You don't see many of the World's best soccer players coming to the firgg'n MLS. But, it is definitely a much needed boost that American soccer needed. It will be interesting to see if anyone follows him in.

First of all he never announced his retierment from international soccer, he doesn't play for england because the new head coach Steve McKlaren doesn't want to call him, and David has said bunch a times in the papers that he wants to play for England any time at any age, Second when you say the man is useless you are wrong he was never scoring machine nor will he ever be because thats not his position his long passes and corner kicks not to mention free kicks are his thing, in Europe he lost a lot of respect mainly because of his wife who turned him into a soft faggot, so when he was linked with Inter Milan and L.A Galaxy everyone knew where he was going to end up, LA of course since his wife is attention hungry and LA is a perfect place for her to end up on magazine covers, and he wasn't paid 250 millions but 50 which is 10 for each season other money comes from endorsments...

true that. He isn't a goal scorer. He's a midfielder.

but I still stand by my statement. He sux balls now. Have you watched him play in Madrid? Or even last years world cup? if anything, he was holding his team back. His long kicks rarely connect. Has nothing special from the corner. And sux in midfield. His prime is far far behind him. He lost his respect because he's washed up and should have retired by now.

I use to be a big fan of him. Now I get irritated watching him do nothing useful on the field. The old school of Ronaldo, Becham, Figo, Zidane's are done for. Now the Big Euro clubs is all about the new generation - Ronney's, Saviola's, and the Adriano's.

IML Gear Cream!
250 mil for an average player past his best???? Madness. All you get with Beckham is a media circus and incredible publicity.

THe MLS needs to start getting players in their prime, likes of Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldhinio, Drogba, Eto, Tevez, Lampard etc. so that it can become a league on par with Europe's best, and provide the entertainment that dull, boring sports like baseball lack.

if only it were that simple.

Sports is a business. They brought in Beckham cuz of his social status, which equals publicity for MLS.

No way MLS can afford top players in their prime at the moment. It would be like Reggie Bush getting drafted by the CFL. Not gonna happen.

if only it were that simple.

Sports is a business. They brought in Beckham cuz of his social status, which equals publicity for MLS.

No way MLS can afford top players in their prime at the moment. It would be like Reggie Bush getting drafted by the CFL. Not gonna happen.

I heard Ronaldo and Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids were possibly in discussions about transfering over to the MLS. Even if these players are past their best, they still have plenty of talent.
What starts as a stream, may broaden to a river. (albiet for ageing superstars)

ok so you say he is past his prime, i agree is he useless no, have i watched him in madrid yes i have, Have you watched the rest of the team? If you did you couldn't talk about his game when the rest of the team plays like crap for the past 3, 4 years, World Cup the England played boring soccer in general and the first game they played against paraguay they won 1 - 0 Beckham scored, it's not even about his skill the whole thing is to give MLS some boost, for that kind a money they could have brought better players, but would anyone care in US not really because even the people that never watched the game know who he is so, new generation that you named shouldn't have adriano the man went for 9 months without scoring a goal thats unheard of for a striker of his quality, only reason saviola is playing as a sub is because eto'o iz out otherwise he would be sitting in the stands, now rooney is a good choice...

yea i heard that Edgar Davids might be comming to Dallas, that guy is one of my favorite, the things he does with ball is just crazy and man never stops running, i got an autograph from him in amsterdam man is really cool

ok so you say he is past his prime, i agree is he useless no, have i watched him in madrid yes i have, Have you watched the rest of the team? If you did you couldn't talk about his game when the rest of the team plays like crap for the past 3, 4 years, World Cup the England played boring soccer in general and the first game they played against paraguay they won 1 - 0 Beckham scored, it's not even about his skill the whole thing is to give MLS some boost, for that kind a money they could have brought better players, but would anyone care in US not really because even the people that never watched the game know who he is so, new generation that you named shouldn't have adriano the man went for 9 months without scoring a goal thats unheard of for a striker of his quality, only reason saviola is playing as a sub is because eto'o iz out otherwise he would be sitting in the stands, now rooney is a good choice...

i agree, all of Madrid is bad. And yes england's team was really boring to watch. I'm not a fan of kick and rush soccer. I like to watch argentina/arsenal type passing and interplay soccer.

sounds like your an England fan. Me I'm a saviola fan. I wouldn't rate him higher than Eto at the moment, but he will get there. And he's fun to watch. And about Rooney, I don't think he's gonna be one of the top guys. No doubt he's a good player, but just not that good.

I use to like Davids, but not no more. I think he runs too much. I like the patient buildup approach, rather than speed and long kicks.

I hate england, but i love their league along with french and italian i was raised with soccer as the only true love, first champions league final 1991 in Bari italy, Red Star vs Olympic i was only 7, after that many great games, many crazy moments around Europe, there is nothing like soccer games in east europe its a lot more violent and a lot better, on saviola i like him but i think if he is to take his career to the next level he needs to make a move away from barca, Rooney is my type of striker fast, strong, good ball control, the reason i like davids is that his position is one of the hardest to play, central midfield you have to run up and down i like those players such as vieira, gattuso, davids, they play rough and dirty...

i agree, all of Madrid is bad. And yes england's team was really boring to watch. I'm not a fan of kick and rush soccer. I like to watch argentina/arsenal type passing and interplay soccer.

sounds like your an England fan. Me I'm a saviola fan. I wouldn't rate him higher than Eto at the moment, but he will get there. And he's fun to watch. And about Rooney, I don't think he's gonna be one of the top guys. No doubt he's a good player, but just not that good.

I use to like Davids, but not no more. I think he runs too much. I like the patient buildup approach, rather than speed and long kicks.

Barca are perhaps the best team in the world to watch at this style, the passing and technique is fantastic. Some of their build up play is beautiful. Aresenal can play a bit like that when on form.
On the whole, Spain's La Liga is by far the best league, and the most entertaining as the emphasis is on technique. The English Premiership is highly entertaining too, what it lacks in technque it makes up for in aggression and speed.
I agree about Rooney, he's good, but he's not in Eto or Henry's class.

Barca are perhaps the best team in the world to watch at this style, the passing and technique is fantastic. Some of their build up play is beautiful. Aresenal can play a bit like that when on form.
On the whole, Spain's La Liga is by far the best league, and the most entertaining as the emphasis is on technique. The English Premiership is highly entertaining too, what it lacks in technque it makes up for in aggression and speed.
I agree about Rooney, he's good, but he's not in Eto or Henry's class.

I disagree. No league touches EPL including international soccer. I actually think international soccer is one of the worst to watch.

i also preffer EPL over spanish league, barcelona does play good ball but when it comes to arsenal they have something that today's teams don't bunch a kids that they put through their school something like ajax used to have back in 90s

I disagree. No league touches EPL including international soccer. I actually think international soccer is one of the worst to watch.

Not when it comes to skill, Spanish sides are far better than English counterparts. A good example was when the 'bread and butter' i.e, mid table sides met in competition. For the 2006 UEFA cup final Middlesborough were humbled 4-0 by a far superior Seville.
Either way, their both pretty damn entertaining.
Your right about International soccer, it can be really dull at times. The World cup proved this to a good degree.

Back