• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Supersets...need some help...

brubaker19

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So need some advice, I've been training for about 3 months and have found some gains in strength and mass - I've now switiched to supersets for a while - I'm keeping the weight realistic and trying to maintain good form rather than just lifting heavy weights.

My question on supersets is the following say I'm doing upper chest:

Incline bench
Incline dumbbell fly

I'm doing 8 reps of inc bench x 3 sets. For supersets do I rest in between sets or is the 'no rest' between actual exercises (ie do all your sets of inc bench) then no rest and straight into inc dumb fly?

I also train 3 times a week and do six exercises at each time (I'm not wanting to be massive just gain some mass (not so interested in strength) any thoughts on that one?

any advice would be appreciated.

Brubaker

If you're just starting out training, i'm not sure supersets are the best way to go really. They're a fairly advanced technique. Not saying that you cant do them, just theres not much need.

If you just keep putting weight on the bar and stick to big compound movements you should keep seeing gains. Periodization is a good way to keep things mixed up if thats what you're going for. Take a look at the stickies in this section if you havent already.

Mass is made in the kitchen also. Putting on muscle is more dependant on what your diet is like rather than what you do in the gym.

To answer your questions on supersets though, some people do them without rest in between, but others do leave a rest interval and do them as alternating exercises. I've done both, but i prefer the latter.

I wouldnt superset two of the same type of exercise though, what's the point? You'll just go to failure far easier.

A good way to do it is to superset two opposite types or exercise.

For example you could superset an upper body movement with a lower body movement if youre doing a fullbody program, or if youre doing an upper/lower split you could superset a pushing movement with a pulling movement.

If you do them like that you'll probably find them more effective, and leave yourself less chance of burning out or overtraining. Like i said though, there are other options this early in your training that'll give you the results you want.

I also train 3 times a week and do six exercises at each time (I'm not wanting to be massive just gain some mass (not so interested in strength) any thoughts on that one?

any advice would be appreciated.

Brubaker

Dont worry, your not gonna accidentally get massive. (if only it was that easy) Hell, you'd probably be better off training to get massive and then your more likely to gain some good mass. Also strength and mass usually come as one, although not always. However if you wanna gain mass you should concentrate on adding weight onto the bar and eating accordingly and the mass will come.

Follow Gazholes advice on the super setting :thumb:

Great advice guys which I will employ - trying to sort out diet and get protein intake up - I have a protein shake - just take it on training days - should I be taking it everyday?

Peter

Great advice guys which I will employ - trying to sort out diet and get protein intake up - I have a protein shake - just take it on training days - should I be taking it everyday?

Peter

read the stickies and post a day or two worth of eating in the diet and nutrition forums, you will get tons of help there.

Back