Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter


The Rule of 3

Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: The Rule of 3

  1. #1
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    The Rule of 3






    3 Carb sources - Organic whole grain oatmeal, Organic Sweet Potatoes, Organic brown/long grain and wild rices.


    3 Protein Sources - Boneless/Skinless Chicken breast, Eggs/Egg Whites, Whey Protein


    3 Fat Sources - Olive Oil, Nuts, and Fats found in eggs and meats


    Additionally add 2-3 cups of organic raw and cooked mixed vegetables.



    Just something I made up.

    Most other protein sources have too much sodium or fat, and or are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  2. #2
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Now is this per day?
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  3. #3
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    No it's 3 sources of each macro-nutrient you can select from. You are limited to these three sources for 90% of what you eat. The other 10% must be lean also like beef, sprouted grain bread, and certain cheeses with a high protein to fat ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  4. #4
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    No it's 3 sources of each macro-nutrient you can select from. You are limited to these three sources for 90% of what you eat. The other 10% must be lean also like beef, sprouted grain bread, and certain cheeses with a high protein to fat ratio.
    Gotchya, sounds like a pretty good guideline.
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  5. #5
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    It's based on the KISS methodology (Keep it simple stupid).



    Tuna has way to much sodium, but you could still use low sodium tuna.

    Cottage cheese has way too much sodium.

    Most fats have a bad ratio of mono to saturated fats.

    Most carbs like breads have HFCS, and if it's not organic, there is a good chance it contains other non-beneficial things.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  6. #6
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    14837671

    perhaps you can write the next fat loss book.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  7. #7
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    perhaps you can write the next fat loss book.
    Yeah, and you can buy 10 copies, and like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  8. #8
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    It's based on the KISS methodology (Keep it simple stupid).



    Tuna has way to much sodium, but you could still use low sodium tuna.

    Cottage cheese has way too much sodium.

    Most fats have a bad ratio of mono to saturated fats.

    Most carbs like breads have HFCS, and if it's not organic, there is a good chance it contains other non-beneficial things.
    Agreed, but sometimes you need to switch things up to keep the body guessing and active.
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Nate K's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,762
    Rep Points
    -195120

    I like it BigDyl. It looks like my diet except add that sodium tuna and some yougert and milk.
    Do you get all orgainc carbs?

  10. #10
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    14837671

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    Yeah, and you can buy 10 copies, and like it.
    anything for you.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  11. #11
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    Quote Originally Posted by ABCs View Post
    Agreed, but sometimes you need to switch things up to keep the body guessing and active.
    Honestly, "keeping the body guessing" in Diet or Training has been proven to be BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  12. #12
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate K View Post
    I like it BigDyl. It looks like my diet except add that sodium tuna and some yougert and milk.
    Do you get all orgainc carbs?
    For the most part. Railway market has organic sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and rice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  13. #13
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    Honestly, "keeping the body guessing" in Diet or Training has been proven to be BS.
    Is that why cheat meals are encouraged every now and again? Or how about refills? Is that all BS as well?
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  14. #14
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    Quote Originally Posted by ABCs View Post
    Is that why cheat meals are encouraged every now and again? Or how about refills? Is that all BS as well?
    That has nothing to do with your body guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  15. #15
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    Quote Originally Posted by ABCs View Post
    Is that why cheat meals are encouraged every now and again? Or how about refills? Is that all BS as well?
    That has nothing to do with your body guessing.

    Cheat meals either keep you sane, or give your a temporary metabolism or both. They also may not even help you.

    Refills are also overboard because the amount of carbs in a refreed is well beyond what your body needs/will use.


    And a refeed should only be used during low/no carb dieting, which I don't agree with to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  16. #16
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    And a refeed should only be used during low/no carb dieting, which I don't agree with to begin with.
    In that case, I can see your logic which is based off of personal belief.
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  17. #17
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    14837671

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    That has nothing to do with your body guessing.

    Cheat meals either keep you sane, or give your a temporary metabolism or both. They also may not even help you.

    Refills are also overboard because the amount of carbs in a refreed is well beyond what your body needs/will use.


    And a refeed should only be used during low/no carb dieting, which I don't agree with to begin with.
    you can't be on a prolonged diet for an extended period of time without metabolic run down.

    If you diet hard for 6 weeks, a week of eating closer to maintenance calories should be used to rev. the metabolism back up.


    re-feeds can be very helpful if implemented properly. The thing is, most people just go over board and eat to much of the wrong things.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  18. #18
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    Personal belief based on research/updated studies.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  19. #19
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    re-feeds can be very helpful if implemented properly. The thing is, most people just go over board and eat to much of the wrong things.
    If the person at hand has made it to the point where they are i nneed of a refeed, they should know that going overboard is out of the question in the first place. Sadly, that's not the case with some people, they ruin months worth of hard work in a few days.
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  20. #20
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    14837671

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    Personal belief based on research/updated studies.
    post the studies.

    Metabolic run down is very well documented. There was just a study last month in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition on it.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  21. #21
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,693
    Rep Points
    15158606

    I'm going to have to get back to this tomorow as I'm running on empty right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  22. #22
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    14837671

    no problem. i am just interested in getting the full studies so that i can read them.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  23. #23
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,087
    Rep Points
    81654611

    I eat low sodium cottage cheese! Only 35 mg per 1/2 cup.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  24. #24
    i love cutting
    rmcfar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    267
    Rep Points
    25252

    Quote Originally Posted by ABCs View Post
    If the person at hand has made it to the point where they are i nneed of a refeed, they should know that going overboard is out of the question in the first place. Sadly, that's not the case with some people, they ruin months worth of hard work in a few days.
    i really dont believe that it is possible to ruin months of hard work in a few days. you cant honestly tell me that in a period of (ex. 2 months) of perfect eating you could stuff your face for (ex. 2-4 days) and be back to where you started or worse. At the most your internal organs are gonna get a good beating from all the sewage your tossing at it, but if you return back to your "perfect" diet then it really wont have much of an effect. You cant let your diet control your life and every time you think about having a piece of pizza you cant freak out and go "oh my god thats gonna ruin my life, better go eat some cottage cheese instead", in the end were all gonna die and noone is going to ask what your diet was like during your life and suggest that if you maybe were a little more disciplined you would still be alive.

    thats my long winded 2cents worth.
    "When i was 15 years old, i took all of my clothes off and looked in the mirror. When i stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need 20 inch arms to match the rest of me." -Arnold

  25. #25
    Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER
    ABCs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My Mind
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Points
    2359286

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcfar View Post
    i really dont believe that it is possible to ruin months of hard work in a few days. you cant honestly tell me that in a period of (ex. 2 months) of perfect eating you could stuff your face for (ex. 2-4 days) and be back to where you started or worse. At the most your internal organs are gonna get a good beating from all the sewage your tossing at it, but if you return back to your "perfect" diet then it really wont have much of an effect. You cant let your diet control your life and every time you think about having a piece of pizza you cant freak out and go "oh my god thats gonna ruin my life, better go eat some cottage cheese instead", in the end were all gonna die and noone is going to ask what your diet was like during your life and suggest that if you maybe were a little more disciplined you would still be alive.

    thats my long winded 2cents worth.
    Haha, I think I was exagerating a bit. Sorry it didn't come across more clearly. But it is known that alot of people who go good for a couple months then break down for 2+ days sometimes end up giving up. If you have the control to do what you did for 2+ months, there is no reason why you shouldn't have the control to only splurge maybe one meal or one day. Anything more than that is just overkill and a step backwards, no matter how far backwards it is.

    As for living life, that dawned on me last night. Went out bar hopping around NYC with a good friend last night... I was bithcing that I didn't want to drink, this and that... yada yada and in the end I said, you know what, I am SPOT ON 95% of the time when it comes to diet and exercise... this 5% of "living" isn't going to kill me. So I definitely see where you are coming from.
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

  26. #26
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    10






    What are refeeds or re-feeds?

    EDIT...If I'm understanding correctly, it is taking your calorie level back to maintenence levels.
    Last edited by Tahoe; 02-04-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. New Rule
    By BigDyl in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 08:31 AM
  2. CFA rule changes
    By the nut in forum Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 03:20 PM
  3. I Rule!!!
    By Prince in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
  4. Create a Rule
    By BigDyl in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 05:54 PM
  5. New Rule
    By redspy in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->