• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

First Journal

motionman04

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Double D suggested starting one, so I figured, why not :D

Gonna give the westside program a shot and see how things go with that, the biggest thing, I'm dedicated to bulking up this time. Currently, I'm at 146 pounds at 5'8". My max bench is at 185 lbs, down from the 190 it was earlier, max squat is around 220, down from the 235 it was earlier, and max dead is around 285. Hopefully all those numbers go up!!

I know what these guys are going to say. Gee Dubs and another persuasion of westside. Haha, before you guys start he came to me.

I will be watching and I will be commenting. Guys like Stewart, Triple Threat, Cow Pimp, Sean, have all been on westside and you can see some of their stuff in thier journals. If you check my old journal About that time there are alot of westside in the middle and torwards the end and then some in my other journal about that time II.

Anyhoo, best of luck.

Well, today will be the first day of the westside workout, lets hope it can bring me some gains that it has given to others. I will say this, for the first time ever, I really am keeping track of how much and what I am eating, and its a lot, at least for someone my size. Anyway, today, started out with DE bench:

Speed Bench-8x2 wit 110 lbs - First time ever doing this, felt pretty good after I was done.

DB Bench-3x6 with 55,60,65 lb dumbells - First time doing dumbells for a while, reached only 5 on the last set with 65 lbs, but I'm pretty satisfied.

T-Bar Rows 4x6 with 90,135,155 lbs - Did all sets just fine, I think my lats are the strongest of all my bodyparts

CG Bench Press 3x6 with 115 lbs - Triceps started feeling the burn, but went well.

Bent Over Laterals-2x10
Hammer Curls-2x6-10

Both of those went fine.

Pretty satisfying day to start out the workout I'd have to say. No complaints really from my part.

Good Stuff, Great w/o, and Best Wishes!!! I'll be along if ya don't mind!!!

Welcome to the boards! Any friend of Dub's is...well...um...anyway, welcome!
:laugh:

Archangel - thanks!! I'll need all the help I can get
Pylon - thanks for the welcome!

I should mention that today after weighing myself, I was at 148 pounds, which is a 2 lbs in 3 weeks, but really most of that has come in the past two since I upped the calories. Finally, the weight is getting up!!

What is your 1rm on bench? Remember 60% would be what you do for speed bench. Just wondering, if your bench is over 200 at your weight thats pretty good.

the one max is 185, so I did 110 for the speed benching. Do you guys basically start with 45 pounds and work your way up during ME day with the bench press?

Just did my lower day:

Started off with Front squats, first time ever doing those, felt real awkward at first, especially with the grip, the heavier it got, the more I struggled with that, anybody else have the same thing happen to them? Anyway, worked my way up to 170 1rm with those. What exactly is the difference between regular squats and front squats?

Afterwards, did 3 sets of lunges with 30 lb dumbells, and god, those were PAINFUL. Felt some real burn with those.

Then did some SLDL's, started off with 135x6, then 185x6, then 205x6. No problems with those.

Did 3 sets of leg curls, hams felt a lot of burning from those.

3 sets of hyperextensions had my lower back burning like crazy

Finally, some pull-ups, the aim was for at least 10 reps in 3 sets, but I could only put up 7,5,5.

Then finished with some ab work.

Overall, besides some of the awkwardness with the front squats, another good day. Just wanted to make sure, 1rm for front squats should be less than 1rm for conventional right?

I also noticed that I had to start gripping the bar with the front squats to prevent the bar from rolling off, is this a big deal?

IML Gear Cream!
Good lookin w/o my Friend!!! I always have a problem w/ front squats and the bar placement myself!!!

Not a big deal w/ the front squats. And you will do far less weight with front squats. I would just drop the ham curls, they do nothing in terms of strength.

And on ME days you can start where you like.

sounds pretty good, I have to say, I'm definately liking this routine thus far, feeling good after workouts both physically and mentally.

Then more power to ya!!! Best Wishes to you!!!

The routine is GREAT for power. And imo its the best for upping the big 3!

Well, just finished with my ME Upper.

Started out with incline bench and worked up to 165, struggled on that one, but just got there.

Then did some dumbell overhead presses 3x6 for the first time in a while with 45, 55, 60 pound dumbells, and it felt great, can't remember doing that much weight on those.

Some t-bar rows with 90, 135 and 160. Did 3x6 with no problem.

Did overhead presses with 65, 75, 70 lb dumbells 3x6, got only 4 out of 75, but the others were no problem.

Did some chin-ups, 3x6, no problem.

Bent lateral raises 2x10 and some ab work to wrap up the workout. I have to say, the best feeling workout I've had in a while.

On a side note, I noticed at the gym some guy was drinking pepsi between sets of sit-ups :loser:

Just finished a DE lower

Started out with some speed squatting, felt a little tough at first for some reason, but after a few sets, felt fine.

4x10 SLDL's with about 155lbs of weight

4x10 Lunges with 30 lb dumbells, which were just PAINFUL

3x10 Hyperextensions, felt plenty of lactic acid there

3x7-8 pull-ups

Good workout once again

On those speed squatting you were speed squatting off a box right? If not you should be.

On those speed squatting you were speed squatting off a box right? If not you should be.

I will be now :)

Did DE upper

Speed bench with 110 for 8x2

Dumbell bench 3x6 with 60, 65, and 70 lbs, beat last week by a whole 5 lbs!

T-Bar rows 4x6, with 90, 135, and 165

CG Bench with 85, 95, 115, and 135 4x6, also beat last week

Finished with Bent-over lat raises 2x10

and Hammer curls 2x7 with 40lb weights

Saw some real progress this workout, feels gooooood

That last workout was very well put together and looks very good. If you would like to throw a couple of sets of pullups in there at the end feel free.

IML Gear Cream!
ME Lower today:

Goodmornings: Worked up to a max weight of about 155. I honestly felt like I coulda kept going, but this seems like the kinda exercise that you don't want to take that kind of risk. First time ever doing these, I noticed that I felt it way more in my lower back than in my hamstrings, is this normal?

Lunges 3x10 - Used a 30 lb dumbell, once again, felt the burn with these

SLDL 3x6 - used 135, 185, and 215, no problems at all with these

Hyperextensions 3x10 with 35lb weight - nothing special here, but my lower back was feeling the burn, thats for sure

Chins 3x7 - Well, basically did as much as I could with these sets

Weighted ab work

Ends week 2 of the westside workout, I love the fact that I'm getting out of the gym in a good amount of time, and that I don't feel like my muscles are gonna fall off.

Good glad to hear you like it. The number increases get very addicting. Push the numbers a bit more on the lunges. I bet you could do more weight. Also are you doing the gm'ings in a squat rack? If not then definitly do so.

Good glad to hear you like it. The number increases get very addicting. Push the numbers a bit more on the lunges. I bet you could do more weight. Also are you doing the gm'ings in a squat rack? If not then definitly do so.

yep, didn't want to take any risks with that exercise

Good lookin w/o's Brother Motion!!!

Well, just finished with my ME Upper.

Started out with CG bench and worked up to 185, couldn't finish off that set, but was pleased that I was able to get past 175

overhead presses 3x6 with 55 and 60 pound dumbells

Some t-bar rows with 90, 135 and 170. Did 3x6 with no problem.

Did overhead presses with 65 and 70 lb dumbells, got about 6, 5, and 3 out of the last one, my tri's were starting to wear down.

Did some chin-ups, 3x6, no problem.

Bent lateral raises 2x10 and some ab work

Why are you doing 2 seperate times of shoulder presses? May need to get a bit more chest work in on this. Maybe some illegally wide bench presses.

Why are you doing 2 seperate times of shoulder presses? May need to get a bit more chest work in on this. Maybe some illegally wide bench presses.

oops, that was my mistake, only did that once, I must've copied and pasted overhead press twice.

For my ME on upper? Is my progress so far looking okay??

Seems to be doing well to me. I would look back at all your numbers in a month and compare and then adjust where things need to be.

Seems to be doing well to me. I would look back at all your numbers in a month and compare and then adjust where things need to be.

sounds good, btw, the widegrip benchpress, is that more chest intense than regular?

Back