Is This Terrible?

Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Is This Terrible?

Ok, so I have come to the realization that being a strict, amazing dieter is just not practical with my crazy lifestyle here in New York City. Last night I drank more than I would have like to admit and today I ended up eating (only 1) slice of pizza (chicken and broccoli). Is it ok to screw off 1 to 2 days a week? I usually give myself Sundays to mess up. A.k.a. eat alittle pasta and drink some wine. But some weeks demand more than one day or night of a fuck up. Durring the week, my routine and diet are pretty damn spot on so am I jsut being a bitch about this or should I try to be alittle more strict on the weekends?
    After almost 2 weeks... I am back and better than ever.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What are your goals?
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Well I am still holding on to quite a bit of extra weight from my dormant months. So I am cutting it off then building up muscle. So as of right now, jsut cutting fat. Probably another 30 or so pounds.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ABCs View Post
    Well I am still holding on to quite a bit of extra weight from my dormant months. So I am cutting it off then building up muscle. So as of right now, jsut cutting fat. Probably another 30 or so pounds.
    You can essentially do what ever you want.

Just know that what you do is going to directly impact your goals. If you have 30lbs of fat to lose and you screw off bad enough once a week or twice a week, then you aren't going to get to your goals as quickly as you might if you just buckled down an dgot super strict for 12 weeks straight.

the question you need to ask is not "Is what I am eating/drinking really that bad if I do it once a week?" The real question is "Is what I am eating/drinking moving me closer towards my goal of being a healthier/leaner person?" You will find your answer in there.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thanks for the kick in the face Funk. I completely understand. It's just that I am 22, my social life is at it's peak and now that I am starting to look better, my sex life is better than ever. It's so hard going out and not having a drink. I guess I should just buckle down alittle more. Is it still OK to leave Sunday (which is my COMPLETE OFF day from working out) as a day to eat less healthy? I go visit my family on Sundays and needless to say, being in an Italian family is not easy when on a cut.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ABCs View Post
    Thanks for the kick in the face Funk. I completely understand. It's just that I am 22, my social life is at it's peak and now that I am starting to look better, my sex life is better than ever. It's so hard going out and not having a drink. I guess I should just buckle down alittle more. Is it still OK to leave Sunday (which is my COMPLETE OFF day from working out) as a day to eat less healthy? I go visit my family on Sundays and needless to say, being in an Italian family is not easy when on a cut.
    I understand where you are coming from. When I was 22 I gave up alcohol. I used to think it was tough to go out and not drink. Until I realized that it was tougher drinking and waking up the next day and having myself feel like a vegetable and not be able to do anything.

I am Italian too. Sunday was pasta day growing up, so I know where you are coming from.

On Sunday, why does it have to be a whole day? Why not one meal. One single meal. Maybe dinner. Have what you really want. Don't blow the entire day.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    On Sunday, why does it have to be a whole day? Why not one meal. One single meal. Maybe dinner. Have what you really want. Don't blow the entire day.
    Yeah, I usually keep it to a half a bowl of pasta and some red meat in my nonas, oh so amazing gravy. So it's never been an all out free for all Sunday. I usually try to isolate it to one meal. But thank you for the slap in the head Funk. I know I need to make sacrafices to achieve the goals I have. I know that cutting things completely out of my social life are out of the question, but keeping everything to a minimum is definitely ideal.

Rep Points

Try going out to the clubs/bars and drink only water. It's an experience in of itself

Gotta be realistic too bro. I know plenty of people (including myself) that have maintained/gained great body composition even with going out 1-2 nights a week
    www.monmouthkettlebells.blogspot.com
    AJ Oliva RKC, FMS
    Central NJ

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I have problems like these that I can relate to. I have 2 little girls and they like to have their treats and its tough not to have their treats with them. Also my wife is pregnant with my 3rd kid and she eats alot now, so ya definitly sucks!

Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Well I have decided to take the advice from everyone. I am going on a strict 12 week program. I want to see how much I can lose/gain in 12 weeks and where I can actually drive my self physicaly. I think it will be a nice challenge for myself and everyone wish me luck. I have made great progress thus far, but if I adhere to what I have in mind, I will bring my body to a psyhsically healthy state that I have never been before.

BTW, thank you. I have never been this health concious until I joined this forum and learned what it truly takes to be healthy. Just a kudos to all of you that have contributed to my knowledge base.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good luck, serious dieting is very hard. Especially if you have never eaten healthy consistently before. It plays a lot of mean tricks on your mind. I don't mean to try and convince not to do a strict 12 week cut.

What I am trying to show you is finding a way to be realistic about a healthy lifestyle. So what after 12 weeks of extremely healthy eating, then what, you have developed no habits to continue on a normal diet. My first suggestion to you would be to take baby steps, as stated earlier your goal should be to move towards a healthier lifestyle. So look at your current diet and start to look for weak points in it. Once you have found those, slowly start to change them. For instance Alcohol seems to be a big hurdle for you. Lets try dropping alcohol for a month, and evaluate your progress from there.

Just my thoughts. Dieting is tricky business. Most people are destined to fail, cause they want to do too much all at once.

Audios Envy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Good luck, serious dieting is very hard. Especially if you have never eaten healthy consistently before. It plays a lot of mean tricks on your mind. I don't mean to try and convince not to do a strict 12 week cut.

What I am trying to show you is finding a way to be realistic about a healthy lifestyle. So what after 12 weeks of extremely healthy eating, then what, you have developed no habits to continue on a normal diet. My first suggestion to you would be to take baby steps, as stated earlier your goal should be to move towards a healthier lifestyle. So look at your current diet and start to look for weak points in it. Once you have found those, slowly start to change them. For instance Alcohol seems to be a big hurdle for you. Lets try dropping alcohol for a month, and evaluate your progress from there.

Just my thoughts. Dieting is tricky business. Most people are destined to fail, cause they want to do too much all at once.
    Honestly, the only real hurdle I have left is social drinking. As far as solid foods is concerned, my diet is pretty spot on as well as my training program. Drinking is the only real negative I have left to get rid of. And I am pretty damn determined to do so.