• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

5x5 or leg/push/pull

Football? I would do something that is for strength which would be 5x5.

Well I think it can be used for someone just starting I mean hell it has the main compound movements. And thats exactly what you are going to incorporate into a push/legs/pull routine. However do read up on it ALOT before starting.

Actually......you maybe better off starting with a fullbody routine 3 days a week just for starters.

If you are a newbie don't do 5x5.

You can't train for strength and power without proper stability, technique and a base level.

Get in the gym and do some basic things.

Total body P?

I know whenever I start out I did total body things just to form a base strength.

I like total body pretty much all the time. Rarely do I break it up. I just think it is a great way to go.

I remember just starting out doing the basics, squat, bench, and all kinds of bodyweight things:pushups, pullups (which of course I still do), BW Lunges (Especially to get the form down first), dips, etc.

Monday
Squat 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
Bench 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
Barbell Row 3 weeks power cleans 3 weeks and snatches 3 weeks 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
Assistance: abs

Wednesday
Squat 4x5 First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again
Incline or Military 4x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5
Deadlift 3 weeks high pulls 3 weeks 4x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5

Friday
Squat 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
Bench 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
Barbell Row 3 weeks high pulls 3 weeks snatches 3 weeks 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8

what do you think of this? also I would like to add in clean and press and clean and jerk.

Well like P said dont do it. Do some compound movements and do more of a beginner program. We both agreed on a total body program.

IML Gear Cream!
do you have someone to coach you on olympic lifts? Do you have someone to coach you on basic lifts like squats.

I don't think that is the best program to start with. Lay a functional base first, then train strength, then train power. Don't just jump right in with intensive training.

Oh and I did want to clear something up, I didnt see you said you were a noob, I thought you said you wasnt for some dumb reason.

well. I should clarify real quick.
to answer the question of me being a noob. I am a noob to weight lifting, but I have been doing bodyweight for a while and I am in pretty good shape.
and for the oly lifts and compound lifts. I have already learned them and I know how to do them well. Whatm workout do you recomend for me then?

I can't write a workout for someone i don't know.

I am not there to see you move to know what you need.

You have to take the general information we give here and apply it to yourself.

I would look at when your football pre-season starts and plan back from there in specific phases with specific goals.

O i dont want you to write a workout for me. But you think I should definetly not do the 5x5? mayby starting strentgh bye ripptoe?

starting strength takes concepts of the 5x5 and lays it out in a systematic way for people to progress....It would be a good start.

Ok thanks alot. this is my new workout.

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
3x5 Deadlift alt with high pulls

Workout B
3x5 Squat

and one or the other I dont know
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans

or 3x5 clean and press alt with clean and jerk? which

you need to make sure that you work at the proper intensity on those lifts too. Start light and make 5lb increases weekly.

alright. Thanks so much for the quick responses :). so if i can max at around 130 i should start at around 85?

tough to tell. depends on how it looks when you max out, etc, etc....basically, there is no way I can give you a good answer on your program without being there.

o yah one more question.

should I alternate every week or every month or what? 3x5 Deadlift alt with high pulls
also
Do you recomend I do
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans

or 3x5 clean and press and alternate with clean and jerk?

Back