• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Long lasting strep?

Mystik

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've let it slide for a few months, because it wasnt that bad and hasnt affected anything, but now since I went outside yesterday in the cold its gotten little worse. I skipped like 2 other severe illnesses that went around my house.

I dont get if my immunity was that high why wont the strep/sore throat go away?

- goto doc is easy answer im not looking for ty :)

I've let it slide for a few months, because it wasnt that bad and hasnt affected anything, but now since I went outside yesterday in the cold its gotten little worse. I skipped like 2 other severe illnesses that went around my house.

I dont get if my immunity was that high why wont the strep/sore throat go away?

- goto doc is easy answer im not looking for ty :)

i have had this too for the longest time :(

This time last year it took me a month, a shot of penicillin, and 34 different shots of antibiotics to get over strep.

If you actually had strep for months you would probably be close to kidney failure or have major heart disease. I would only take an antibiotic unless you have high fever, swollen lymph nodes, or oozing tonsils.

If you actually had strep for months you would probably be close to kidney failure or have major heart disease. I would only take an antibiotic unless you have high fever, swollen lymph nodes, or oozing tonsils.

You are wrong. A particularly nasty strain of strep hit mobile this time last year, and most of the people I know that caught it, had it off and on for over a month. It had my immune system down so bad that I caught pink eye and both my ears were infected. I had no kidney problems or heart disease.

strep untreated can cause heart valve problems and Kidney Damage.

There is a difference between Sore Throats and Strep. Strep is identified with a swab analysis.

You are wrong. A particularly nasty strain of strep hit mobile this time last year, and most of the people I know that caught it, had it off and on for over a month. It had my immune system down so bad that I caught pink eye and both my ears were infected. I had no kidney problems or heart disease.

The "strep throat" everyone knows about is Streptococcus pyogenes which will kill you if untreated. As for the the strep that hit Mobile,I have no idea what that species is, but the word Strep can be used for a whole family of bacteria.

The "strep throat" everyone knows about is Streptococcus pyogenes which will kill you if untreated. As for the the strep that hit Mobile,I have no idea what that species is, but the word Strep can be used for a whole family of bacteria.

Well the nurse who swabbed my throat and did a strep test told me it was strep and listed on my paper work as Streptococcus, also known as strep throat.

IML Gear Cream!
Traditionally, it has been thought that Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin when he noticed a mold growing on his Petri dishes: wherever the mold grew, bacteria died.
In fact, the true story is much more complicated... and INTERESTING!
The mold actually grew on Fleming himself, initially covering his feet below the ankles with a thin blue fuzz, and ultimately extending all the way up to the middle of his abdomen. Fleming remained moldy for about 6 weeks; during that whole time he observed that he didn't get sick even one time.
Fleming realized that the mold that had been growing on him was Penicillium, or bread mold. He set about culturing more mold on any bread he could lay his hands on, including the sandwiches and hamburger buns that belonged to his lab staff.
By the middle of 1939, Fleming had enough bread mold to fill a telephone booth... but then WAR broke out.
Fleming's mold-filled telephone booth was transported to the front. It was struck by a shell, and the mold was destroyed.
America realized: something had to be done, SOON! Every day, hundreds of soldiers were contracting gonorrhea in the line of duty!
Fleming had an idea: he immediately deployed a crack team of scientists to riffle through the refrigerators of students across Britain. A search revealed huge quantities of moldy food, yielding a precious supply of "penicillin", as it is now called.
However, administering penicillin was difficult. Often, an infected wound would be rubbed directly with a piece of moldy bread, leading to friction burns. It was even more difficult to give the drug intravenously, as crumbs would clog the IV tubing.
Two brilliant scientists, Florey and Chain, developed the idea of scraping the mold off the bread with a specially designed fork. They shook the mold off the forks into the special glass vials and plastic IV bags that penicillin comes in today.
:lol:

That was purely for laughs, honestly your best option is to see a doc or go to a free clinic and get penicillin, if it has gone by now chances are you may be causing seroius stress to your immune system and the rest of your body, please get some penicillin....free clinics may not give it to you for strep...if they don't just go back and say you have gonorrhea, tell them BigDyl gave it to you all clinics have been warned about him....

Well the nurse who swabbed my throat and did a strep test told me it was strep and listed on my paper work as Streptococcus, also known as strep throat.

Streptococcus is the Genus, it basically means balls connected together in a chain. The specific name for common strep throat is Streptococcus pyogenes. I'm kinda interested in the specific kind of streptococcus you got.

:lol:

That was purely for laughs, honestly your best option is to see a doc or go to a free clinic and get penicillin, if it has gone by now chances are you may be causing seroius stress to your immune system and the rest of your body, please get some penicillin

I always knew Fleming was the dirtiest microbiologist of all time but growing on his body is disgusting. All the "cillins" should cure most strep by disrupting cell walls.

I think this sore throat is viral and antibiotics wont help.

How do I tell?, its slightly red at top of my mouth and back of throat. But I feel no discomfort. It felt slighty sore this morning maybe I slept with my mouth open. Think I'm just coming down with a cold...

But still that is a concern to me, I didnt think you could die :hmmm:

Id go to the doc if its a big issue. My throat gets dry and irritated when my nose is plugged and I have to breathe thru my mouth during the night.

Strep throat is usually associated with swollen lymph nodes, fever, headaches

not sure if this has been said but it could be toncolitis (sp?) i was getting horrible sore throats and the docs just kept telling me it was strep then my girls mom (shes a nurse) felt my neck and told me right away it was toncolitits. i went and got it checked out by a diffrent doc and she was right.

Yea I dont have a cold, maybe I got strep. I do have hayfever!! Burning eyes, sinus, flared asthma etc..

Back