• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Supplement question

thomsonc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I posted a thread in the diet and nutrition, but I guess no one there knows the answer. I live 14,000 feet above sea level. This has to have an effect on my ability to build muscle, and also loose fat when that time comes. But in the meantime, besides eating clean, are there any supplements to counter act the 40% less oxygen here? The high altitude also has an effect on my digestive system too...I'm not able to digest properly. So let's hear some suggestions...

An No2 Sup?

So yea, I figured I'd ask a hard question being that everyone is being hounded by the same questions all the time...I guess it's truely a difficult question that no one knows the answer to.
Can't move down to sea level, cause it's where I live and work...for now. Only 3 more months 'til I move again...
But thanks for trying'

Great questions! Training at altitude - or "hypoxic" training - can be very beneficial, but the biggest benefit you get from living in Colorado is by sleeping at your 5400 foot elevation. In an ideal world you'd sleep high and train low to get the biggest bang out of your training.

Sleeping at a high altitude means your body has to work harder to deliver oxygen to the muscles due to the lowered oxygen concentrations.

This causes the body to adapt to the stimulus and create physiological changes which are beneficial (increased red blood cells, increased blood volume, etc.). However, sleeping at altitude is not always an advantage as the reduced air pressure also means your muscles do not have sufficient oxygen to recover from hard workouts. The use of altitude chambers as a training tool for bed time can be cycled for maximum advantage. You want to sleep at high elevations long enough (usually at least two weeks) to allow for enough physiological adaptations, yet you also want to sleep at a low elevation in the final days leading up to a high priority event so you can maximize your recovery and race with a completely fresh body.

The altitude at which you live, 5400ft, is on the lower edge of where reduced air pressure makes a difference in performance. So your sleep at night is helping you get faster for sea level competition. I assume you train above 5400ft and this can be beneficial especially if you are concentrating on longer events and climbing mountains in Italy like you talk about.

The big drawback to training above 5000ft is it is harder to maximize your muscular system because you always have a ceiling on how much oxygen your body can deliver to working muscles. There is a loss of about 8 to 10 percent of aerobic capacity for every 3300 feet (1000 meters) of elevation gain above about 3500 feet.

You will probably benefit from your time in Colorado due to higher blood volume and other adaptations (higher red blood cell count, etc). But there are many variables (hydration, diet, training, etc.) and each individual adapts differently.

It's well established that going from sea level to altitude causes the body to produce more lactate in the first few days before adaptation takes place which should then cause the lactate threshold heart rate to be lowered somewhat from what it was at sea level. This might imply that going to SL for someone who is altitude-adapted might cause the body to produce less lactate, at least for a few days, at a given level of intensity.

Good luck in your training
Joe and Dirk Friel

Google that shit

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...d=1&q=high+elevation++muscle+training&spell=1

So I posted a thread in the diet and nutrition, but I guess no one there knows the answer. I live 14,000 feet above sea level. This has to have an effect on my ability to build muscle, and also loose fat when that time comes. But in the meantime, besides eating clean, are there any supplements to counter act the 40% less oxygen here? The high altitude also has an effect on my digestive system too...I'm not able to digest properly. So let's hear some suggestions...

i have the PERFECT SUPP FOR U BUDDY.
i been taking this, its my second bottle.
Oxydrene

it is specially for people like you who live in high elevation. But i take it cuz i am an athlete.

Thanks all for tryin to help. I'm don't know if I am reading the responses correctly though, but I am not living in Colorado. I am living in Bolivia. La Paz to be exact...and I'm 3 times higher in elevation than that 5000 feet above sea level someone was talking about. I'm at about 14,000 feet above sea level.
That supplement you were talking about...oxydrene was it? What is it, and what does it do?

Thanks all for tryin to help. I'm don't know if I am reading the responses correctly though, but I am not living in Colorado. I am living in Bolivia. La Paz to be exact...and I'm 3 times higher in elevation than that 5000 feet above sea level someone was talking about. I'm at about 14,000 feet above sea level.
That supplement you were talking about...oxydrene was it? What is it, and what does it do?

search for it on bodybuilding.com

IML Gear Cream!
The average percent of O2 at sea level is 20.9%. At 14,000 ft, it is down to 12.2%.
There have been cases of pulmonary edema reported at above 11k. Also when the PO2(oxygen Partial Pressure) is below 132(Usually around 5,000 ft) work practices are regulated like, rest-work cycles with reduced work rates and increased rest periods. Usuaully once PO2 gets below 100, it can be life threating(About 12,000 ft.)
You must have acclimated to the altitude and built up the red blood cells in your body. But I imagine it still must be tough to do most everyday activities on an ongoing basis.

Back