Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Forget that Wikipedia nonsense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32
  1. #1
    I bike to work.
    Pianomahnn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,225
    Rep Points
    2438358

    Forget that Wikipedia nonsense

    Conservapedia is where all the hot chicks hang out.

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,763
    Rep Points
    6298775

    what is it? it doesnt load on my CPU

  3. #3
    Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witchblade's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    4,469
    Rep Points
    2519459

    Conservapedia is a much-needed alternative to Wikipedia, which is increasingly anti-Christian and anti-American. On Wikipedia, many of the dates are provided in the anti-Christian "C.E." instead of "A.D.", which Conservapedia uses. Christianity receives no credit for the great advances and discoveries it inspired, such as those of the Renaissance. Read a list of many Examples of Bias in Wikipedia.

    Conservapedia is an online resource and meeting place where we favor Christianity and America. Conservapedia has easy-to-use indexes to facilitate review of topics. You will much prefer using Conservapedia compared to Wikipedia if you want concise answers free of "political correctness".
    How am I going to put this nicely...

    This shit is fucking retarded.

    1 - wikipedia is the best thing since sliced bread. It's absolutely genious. It's free, easy to use, and contains so damn much information it never ceases to amaze you. Wikipedia + Google = Instant knowledge about everything. I'm not even going to get into an argument about this. If you don't like wikipedia, you simply don't know how to use it properly.

    2- wikipedia is about the last thing on earth that's politically correct. It's fundamental source of information is everyone. That's the brilliancy behind it. It's unbiased and not politically correct. It doesn't make any profit and it doesn't have any lifestyle or religion connected to it. It's just information, pure information. It's fucking hypocrisy that wikipedia is politically correct, while a religiously inspired and patriotic site like conservapedia is not.

    3 - "Christianity receives no credit for the great advances and discoveries it inspired, such as those of the Renaissance." Guess what? Christianity is the bad motherfucker that caused the Dark Ages, where science was practically exstinct and every bit of knowledge came from some fictional book called 'The Bible'. The Renaissance was the rebirth of the ratio and science. It was centered at the exact opposite of Christianity.

    4 - Religion and science don't mix in general. Saying you have a better source of information because it was inspired by Christianity is like saying you have a bigger cock because you're a girl.

    5 - wikipedia is not anti anything. Like I just explained, wikipedia is the absolute prototype of freedom and the Age of Reason.

    "I dare you, no I double dare you, b*tch" to prove me wrong.

  4. #4
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by danny81 View Post
    what is it? it doesnt load on my CPU
    It loads but takes a while ...

    An online encyclopedia for conservative Christians. Interesting to see what happens to the theory of evolution ...

  5. #5
    Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witchblade's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    4,469
    Rep Points
    2519459

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    It loads but takes a while ...

    An online encyclopedia for conservative Christians. Interesting to see what happens to the theory of evolution ...
    They're going to provide us with a more scientific, unbiased and not politically correct view on the matter.

  6. #6
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    They're going to provide us with a more scientific, unbiased and not politically correct view on the matter.
    Like removing such un-scientific things as carbon-dated fossilized dinosaur remains and replacing them with proven references from the King James bible?

  7. #7
    Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witchblade's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    4,469
    Rep Points
    2519459

    Not to mention informing us of the possibilities to walk on water and remove the nonsense about the similarities in cytochrome-c between species.

  8. #8
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    In all fairness we should read this entire link to understand the true foundations of the new site. Interesting read, and one that explains the driving force behind the site.

    It takes a while for the page to load, but be patient ... it'll come.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    NordicNacho's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,421
    Rep Points
    6643080

    Pure comedy Gold

    http://www.conservapedia.com/Bill_Clinton


    A special prosicutor was named to investigate Clinton for allegations of impropriety in the Whitewater real-estate scandal, an investment of Clintons in a failed real estate venture. Although nothing came out of this investigation, and it turned out that Clinton actually lost money on his investment, one of the results of the investigation was that the special prosecutor turned to investigating other Clinton activities, one of which (the Monica Lewinsky scandal) resulted in an impeachment trial. Bill Clinton managed to serve two terms without botching the prosecution of two wars, manipulating intelligence, engaging in a systematic program of torture, or mishandling the federal response to flooding of a major American city. Obviously, he is the devil incarnate. Clinton also attempted to use the American military to kill Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, an action which was properly seen as a mere attempt to distract the nation from the Monica Lewisnky scandal.

  10. #10
    Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witchblade's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    4,469
    Rep Points
    2519459

    The main flaw in their reasoning is that 'wikipedia' has wronged them. However, 'wikipedia' is in fact the combination of everyone that ever posted something there. There is no face or group behind the information.

    Secondly, things written on wikipedia are to be taken as things written on wikipedia. On wikipedia it is cleary stated that there is no certainty everything on the site is correct.

    Just look at their list of 'flaws' in 'wikipedia'. Some of the points are proposterous.

    Instead of making a new anti-wikipedia site they should just have followed the system of wikipedia. They should have edited any errors. That's what wikipedia is all about, shared wisdom. One makes a mistake, another corrects it.

    --------

    Nacho, that's goddamn funny shit! Clinton is the devil incarnate. Pure unbiased science right there, people.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Like removing such un-scientific things as carbon-dated fossilized dinosaur remains and replacing them with proven references from the King James bible?
    Because we all know evolution is proven fact and that only retards question that life just evolved from nothing.
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    I have never felt that wikipedia was biased but I really never paid attention. I have heard many interviews with people who claim that using Wikipedia for research is absurd b/c it is riddled with inaccurate information.

    I use it all the time for quick info but you gotta keep in mind that some of it is bs.
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  13. #13
    Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witchblade's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    4,469
    Rep Points
    2519459

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Because we all know evolution is proven fact and that only retards question that life just evolved from nothing.
    100$ if you can point out the flaws in the theory of evolution to me. I'll give you a hint: they don't say life evolved from nothing. (My English is lacking here, sorry.) Have you even understood the endosymbiosis theory?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    100$ if you can point out the flaws in the theory of evolution to me. I'll give you a hint: they don't say life evolved from nothing. (My English is lacking here, sorry.) Have you even understood the endosymbiosis theory?
    I am not arrogant enough to say I can prove anything. I chuckle at you guys who think you can. Evolution IS religion...you accept it on faith.

    That's fine..just admit it.
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNacho View Post
    Pure comedy Gold

    http://www.conservapedia.com/Bill_Clinton


    A special prosicutor was named to investigate Clinton for allegations of impropriety in the Whitewater real-estate scandal, an investment of Clintons in a failed real estate venture. Although nothing came out of this investigation, and it turned out that Clinton actually lost money on his investment, one of the results of the investigation was that the special prosecutor turned to investigating other Clinton activities, one of which (the Monica Lewinsky scandal) resulted in an impeachment trial. Bill Clinton managed to serve two terms without botching the prosecution of two wars, manipulating intelligence, engaging in a systematic program of torture, or mishandling the federal response to flooding of a major American city. Obviously, he is the devil incarnate. Clinton also attempted to use the American military to kill Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, an action which was properly seen as a mere attempt to distract the nation from the Monica Lewisnky scandal.

  16. #16
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Because we all know evolution is proven fact and that only retards question that life just evolved from nothing.
    Pepper ... bro ... where the fuck you been? Long time since I've had the chance to enjoy your religious perspective. God blessed you with the time to post in this thread ... Allah-huakbar.

    We do all see that evolution is a proven fact and that yes ... only retards question that life evolved from nothing. The science of evolution does prove it's foundations pretty well, while people that look into the origins of the bible are beginning to see that the book was written and rewritten by men with political intentions.

  17. #17
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,181
    Rep Points
    81654611

    The evolutionary theory seems to be solid. I do not, however, see how this negates any existance of God.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  18. #18
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    The evolutionary theory seems to be solid. I do not, however, see how this negates any existance of God.
    Ahh ... yes ... well I don't intend to deny God outright. The bible is too dubious in origin to be counted as a source for the theory of creationism is what I meant to propose.

  19. #19
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    15139848

    that site sucks my cock because it takes to fucking long to load.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  20. #20
    Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER
    KelJu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In my imagination.
    Posts
    14,974
    Rep Points
    1115136028

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    How am I going to put this nicely...

    This shit is fucking retarded.

    1 - wikipedia is the best thing since sliced bread. It's absolutely genious. It's free, easy to use, and contains so damn much information it never ceases to amaze you. Wikipedia + Google = Instant knowledge about everything. I'm not even going to get into an argument about this. If you don't like wikipedia, you simply don't know how to use it properly.

    2- wikipedia is about the last thing on earth that's politically correct. It's fundamental source of information is everyone. That's the brilliancy behind it. It's unbiased and not politically correct. It doesn't make any profit and it doesn't have any lifestyle or religion connected to it. It's just information, pure information. It's fucking hypocrisy that wikipedia is politically correct, while a religiously inspired and patriotic site like conservapedia is not.

    3 - "Christianity receives no credit for the great advances and discoveries it inspired, such as those of the Renaissance." Guess what? Christianity is the bad motherfucker that caused the Dark Ages, where science was practically exstinct and every bit of knowledge came from some fictional book called 'The Bible'. The Renaissance was the rebirth of the ratio and science. It was centered at the exact opposite of Christianity.

    4 - Religion and science don't mix in general. Saying you have a better source of information because it was inspired by Christianity is like saying you have a bigger cock because you're a girl.

    5 - wikipedia is not anti anything. Like I just explained, wikipedia is the absolute prototype of freedom and the Age of Reason.

    "I dare you, no I double dare you, b*tch" to prove me wrong.




    witchblade0wnd
    Fucking Determined!

  21. #21
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,728
    Rep Points
    22298690

    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post


    witchblade0wnd
    I quite concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    We do all see that evolution is a proven fact and that yes ... only retards question that life evolved from nothing.
    Oh..please...proven?

    Evolution is a religion....the more you write, the more I believe it.

    I've been around...the religious bashing that goes on here keeps me out of most of these threads. Weak moment...it just makes my skin crawl when you guys talk about evolution like it proven and only tards would dare question it. That just simply aint so...

    I am not going to try to logically "prove" Christianity because I can't. It is a matter of faith. So is evolution, you just refuse to admit it.
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Oh, and Bonecrusher, you don't use science to crush or ridicule Christians and I respect that....however, the bashing that witchblade has even done here is really the norm. There is a clearly an anti-Christian edge to most evolutionists.
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Ahh ... yes ... well I don't intend to deny God outright. The bible is too dubious in origin to be counted as a source for the theory of creationism is what I meant to propose.

    OK. One more...I see the idiots are moving in so this thread will be crap soon...

    Don't you think that most evolutionists would kick you out of the club for suggesting God was involved?
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  25. #25

  26. #26
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Oh..please...proven?

    Evolution is a religion....the more you write, the more I believe it.

    I've been around...the religious bashing that goes on here keeps me out of most of these threads. Weak moment...it just makes my skin crawl when you guys talk about evolution like it proven and only tards would dare question it. That just simply aint so...

    I am not going to try to logically "prove" Christianity because I can't. It is a matter of faith. So is evolution, you just refuse to admit it.
    There are a few stretches along the way that require one have "faith" that the further proof needed will eventually show up. Kinda like waiting on the bus in LA. The timing sux, and the people behind the wheel are a little flakey but you know it will eventually show up.

    What form of Christianity do you follow Pepper? BTW it really is good to see you around still. Hope all is well in your life and with your loved ones.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    There are a few stretches along the way that require one have "faith" that the further proof needed will eventually show up. Kinda like waiting on the bus in LA. The timing sux, and the people behind the wheel are a little flakey but you know it will eventually show up.
    Hmmm...sounds like "faith" to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    What form of Christianity do you follow Pepper? BTW it really is good to see you around still. Hope all is well in your life and with your loved ones.
    I am Presbyterian...which is too broad...the denomination I belong too would be considered to be on the conservative side.

    Yeah, we are doing good. How about you? I am dieting...dropped about 40 lbs...so I feel alot better. I am also addicted to online poker now and still not over the officiating in SBXL
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

  28. #28
    Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER
    goob's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anywhere, everywhere, nowhere....
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Points
    18202470

    I have nothing against religion. It has been a required part of evolution since the beginning, people have to have reason. However, now, with the aid of science, 'miracles' and teachings of major religion, have become less common.

    But if anyone tries to tell me that darwins 'evolution' is not to be taught as part of science in school, in favour of some idiotic, and completley foundless "god created us" ideology, can get to f**k. Honestly, think about it. Does your faith tell you to ignore fact? I don't think so.
    If you really believe this "god creation theory" should be taught in school, then don't read this. Your not worthy of my time.

  29. #29
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Hmmm...sounds like "faith" to me.



    I am Presbyterian...which is too broad...the denomination I belong too would be considered to be on the conservative side.

    Yeah, we are doing good. How about you? I am dieting...dropped about 40 lbs...so I feel alot better. I am also addicted to online poker now and still not over the officiating in SBXL
    I'm good.

    Just had a fight with the ex-wife's pit-bull. Had to punch him in the face a few times as he tried to bite me. Caught him in the schnoz as he came at me all three times ... kinda exciting. He jumped at me and I smashed him back then he just kinda looked all wobbly for a sec then he jumped again. He did finally manage to go down after the third hit. Hard headed dog ... guys normally go on the first hit and always on the second. Dog took three hits ... my hands are still shaking LOL. Haven't been in a fight in like 14 months ... now it's with a frucking big ass pit-bull

    Other than fighting the damn dog life is great. Work is outstanding, but I'm still single.

  30. #30
    Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER
    Witchblade's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    4,469
    Rep Points
    2519459

    "If you're religious, you can't be in the 'club' of the evolution theory." In fact, most of the world's leading scientists are religious, so your statement holds no ground. Things is, religious people are accepted by evolutionists, but evolutionists are rarely accepted by religious people. Wikipedia does not bash Conservapedia, Conservapedia bashes wikipedia.

    faith (fāth) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
    Religion is based on faith.

    the·o·ry /ˈθiəri, ˈθɪəri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun, plural -ries.
    1. a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
    sci·ence /ˈsaɪəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahy-uhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
    2. systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J. Gould
    Evolution is both a fact and a theory. Biologists consider the existence of
    evolution to be a fact in much the same way that physicists do so for gravity.
    The theory of evolution is based on science, and is widely regarded as fact. The main reason it's not yet a proven fact, is that scientific experiments
    can't be conducted due to the time ranges involved. One would have to conduct experiments over thousands of years.

    Mind you, this is not a matter of opinion.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. most supplements are nonsense and a waste
    By bjg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
  2. No-NonSense Muscle Building book
    By Prince in forum Body-Building Books
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
  3. Obama Talks Nonsense on Tax Cuts
    By min0 lee in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM
  4. Wikipedia.org where I guess you can look anything up.
    By Little Wing in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 10:56 AM
  5. Nonsense!
    By david in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-07-2002, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->