• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Grip Strength Failing??

BulkBoy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was doing some heavy deads last week and my grip in my left hand almost completely failed. I had the bar gripped tightly with my right and and I almost lost the bar with my left, with it hardly hanging over the tips of my fingers and thumb. What are some things I could do to improve my grip strength so that I don't have to worry about my grip failing?

I switch em round to make my grip last longer - you could consider forearm work - but ultimately it might just be case of waiting for your grip to catch up?

i use mixed, right hand under, left hand over

won't improve grip strength - but wraps will help you continue lifting once the grip has failed...

I have trained for a few years, and my grip couldn't catch up. Some people have bad genetics in that department, and I am one of those people. Strangely enough the best thing I have found to get my grip up to par is hand grippers.

The best handgrippers that I know of are these:
http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/export/IronMind/Main/captainsofcrush1.html

I started with the trainer, and now I can do sets of 10 with the #1. I'll be buying the #2 soon. I don't need straps for deadlifting anymore, but I still have to use the for shrugs.

Static holds + captain of crush grippers = improved grip.

I'd use straps and focus on your grip strength seperately.

You can improve grip strength, but not at the same rate your deadlift strength will improve. Don't let your back suffer because you want to be a badass and not use straps. If you want to keep working on grip strength, do it seperately.

what is better with the grippers static holds or continous grips? or should you incorporate both?

I do both. This is a sample of what I might do, but I mix it up.

Monday:
CoC #1
3 sets of 10

Wednesday:
CoC #1
3 sets of Static holds

Friday:
CoC #1
3 sets of 10

My grip strength has improved greatly, and I will soon have to move up to the #2.

http://media.putfile.com/Magnus-Samuelson-Crushing-Four

Magnus uses the #4.

Back