• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Simple Carbs vs Complex Carbs

crash32

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a quick question for the nutrition experts!!

I have read that simple carbs metabolize very quickly causing a spike in your insulin levels causing you to retain fat more and on top of advice from a few personal trainers..... I am trying to eat more complex carbs.

Only thing is.... is it really worth it to pay attention to simple vs complex carbs? I am trying to gain muscle mass while staying lean. I am trying to eat more wheat bread, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. Only thing is I do not really enjoy those foods because they seem "bland" to me. I just wanted to make sure that making such sacrifices are going to be worth it.

THanks guys!!

:thumb:

I have read that simple carbs metabolize very quickly causing a spike in your insulin levels causing you to retain fat more and on top of advice from a few personal trainers..... I am trying to eat more complex carbs.

Correct
Only thing is.... is it really worth it to pay attention to simple vs complex carbs? I am trying to gain muscle mass while staying lean. I am trying to eat more wheat bread, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. Only thing is I do not really enjoy those foods because they seem "bland" to me. I just wanted to make sure that making such sacrifices are going to be worth it.

It will be worth having more complex carbs as they are slow releasing hence they do not significantly spike insulin levels such as simple carbs

In my opinion i would ditch the wheat bread,not the best source of carbs

Others include
Oatmeal
Sweet Potato's
Brown/Wholewheat rice
Wholewheat Pasta

Hope this helps

any other good sources of complex carbs that taste good.....

what about whole wheat noodles (with a lil bit of sauce)

Big fan of brown rice and natural PB, myself. Sweet potatoes are a staple for lunches for me as well.

Barilla's new Plus (a.k.a. Whole Wheat with some extras) Pasta is where it's at. I had it for a cheat meal this past Sunday and check out the specs on this shit. http://www.barillaus.com/PLUS_information.aspx

17g of Protein, 360mg Omega 3s, 7g Fiber and only 3g of fat. If I were on a bulk, I would most definitely incorporate it into my meal plan. Still a bits off though so cheat meals only for now.

Barilla's new Plus (a.k.a. Whole Wheat with some extras) Pasta is where it's at. I had it for a cheat meal this past Sunday and check out the specs on this shit. http://www.barillaus.com/PLUS_information.aspx

17g of Protein, 360mg Omega 3s, 7g Fiber and only 3g of fat. If I were on a bulk, I would most definitely incorporate it into my meal plan. Still a bits off though so cheat meals only for now.

That's good stuff, very little difference in taste.

That's good stuff, very little difference in taste.

Yup, and it cooks much quicker. I actually prefer the taste of the Barrila Plus to normal pasta. It has a really good consistency about it.

Back