• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cherokees eject slave descendants

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
news_logo.gif

Cherokees eject slave descendants
Members of the Cherokee Nation of native Americans have voted to revoke tribal citizenship for descendants of black slaves the Cherokees once owned.

A total of 76.6% voted to amend the tribal constitution to limit citizenship to "blood" tribe members.
Supporters said only the Cherokees had the right to determine tribal members.
Opponents said the amendment was racist and aimed at preventing those with African-American heritage from gaining tribal revenue and government funding.
The Cherokee Nation has 250,000 to 270,000 members, second only to the Navajo.
'Right to vote'
The list of descendants stems from the Dawes Commission, established by Congress more than 100 years ago.

This is a sad chapter in Cherokee history
Taylor Keen,
tribal council member

It created two lists - one of "blood" Cherokees and one of black freedmen.
Principal Chief Chad Smith said about 8,700 people had voted - more than the turnout for the Cherokee constitution vote of four years ago.
He said: "The Cherokee people exercised the most basic democratic right, the right to vote.
"Their voice is clear as to who should be citizens of the Cherokee Nation. No-one else has the right to make that determination."
But opponents of the amendment levelled accusations of discrimination.
Tribal council member Taylor Keen said: "This is a sad chapter in Cherokee history... this is not my Cherokee Nation. My Cherokee Nation is one that honours all parts of her past."
Saturday's vote followed a ruling by the Cherokee Nation Supreme Court last year securing tribal citizenship for descendants of freedmen.
Members can obtain government benefits and tribal services including housing and medical support. Slaves were held by a number of native American tribes and were freed after the Civil War in 1866.

Lawl, they don't want them either.

I wonder if they would do the same to your people......the Cavemen. :hmmm:

Think about the commercials for a second, in then consider how neurotic I am. Lawl, I could play the part to a "T".

:thinking:

I should try out for the role. I wouldn't even need makeup. I could walk right onto the set as is. :laugh:

Why do the freedmen think they deserve to be part of the nation? The bloodline is not there.................

How dare anyone deny them their right to be a member of the Cherokee Nation. Why should genetics, heritage, ethnicity, and social identity be used as determining factors in something as important as being a Native American.

So if i marry a black woman do I get scholarship money from the United Negro College fund? A causal relationship would clearly be defined by law. If I marry a black female descendant of the slaves owned by the Cherokee Nation then I clearly demonstrate my right to my portion of that money. Now
i just need to narrow my selections on eHarmony to native American black woman. Hey I got rights:pissed:

P.S.
My first post running Ubuntu.

How dare anyone deny them their right to be a member of the Cherokee Nation. Why should genetics, heritage, ethnicity, and social identity be used as determining factors in something as important as being a Native American.

So if i marry a black woman do I get scholarship money from the United Negro College fund? A causal relationship would clearly be defined by law. If I marry a black female descendant of the slaves owned by the Cherokee Nation then I clearly demonstrate my right to my portion of that money. Now
i just need to narrow my selections on eHarmony to native American black woman. Hey I got rights:pissed:

P.S.
My first post running Ubuntu.

Did you install it, or are you running from CD ROM?

I think its time to see a statistical chart that
shows which race draws the highest welfare dollars

Hint, it's not the Cherokee. Here in NC, they share the profits from Harrahs!

IML Gear Cream!
I think its time to see a statistical chart that
shows which race draws the highest welfare dollars

My guess is white Americans in the US. As of 2005, whites made up 74% of the population, so I would assume by sher numbers, that whites would draw the most amount.

My guess is white Americans in the US. As of 2005, whites made up 74% of the population, so I would assume by sher numbers, that whites would draw the most amount.

That was my guess too,
but I still want to see the chart and references - :thumb:

Actually I'm a tired dumbass that didn't read the fine print ... and thought it was dg's thread. Now that I know it's only your thread min0 ... I'll proceed to whore away :D

Actually I'm a tired dumbass that didn't read the fine print ... and thought it was dg's thread. Now that I know it's only your thread min0 ... I'll proceed to whore away :D
Your always welcome to whore away. :)

I wonder if the Black ancestors from my mothers side were slaves owned by Cherokee? Not only would I be connected to the Nation twice through my fathers side, but once through hers!

I don't think it's very Cherokee of them to do something like this, like Taylor Keen said the Nation should honor all parts of it's past. It was bad enough that the Nation had had slaves in the past, but now they want to make bad again and dishonor those genetically connected to that past...

Furthermore they expect The United States Gov. to honor their past and what happened to them, yet they can turn around and do the same to their own citizens, even if not connected by blood, these slaves were part of their history...and have been seen as citizens up until now, now they suddenly want them shunned.

I wonder if the Black ancestors from my mothers side were slaves owned by Cherokee? Not only would I be connected to the Nation twice through my fathers side, but once through hers!

I don't think it's very Cherokee of them to do something like this, like Taylor Keen said the Nation should honor all parts of it's past. It was bad enough that the Nation had had slaves in the past, but now they want to make bad again and dishonor those genetically connected to that past...

Furthermore they expect The United States Gov. to honor their past and what happened to them, yet they can turn around and do the same to their own citizens, even if not connected by blood, these slaves were part of their history...and have been seen as citizens up until now, now they suddenly want them shunned.
You assume the close as you write this post though Manic. There are a lot of poser wannabe types that wish they had claim to be Native Americans, and the various Indian Nations have been tolerant but enough is enough. When the prior property starts to claim a genetic link it's getting outta hand and needs to end.

You assume the close as you write this post though Manic. There are a lot of poser wannabe types that wish they had claim to be Native Americans, and the various Indian Nations have been tolerant but enough is enough. When the prior property starts to claim a genetic link it's getting outta hand and needs to end.
"assume the close"?

From what I get in the article their already are those in the Cherokee Nation who's ancestors were once part of the Nation in that they were slaves of the Cherokee. No one is posing as a Cherokee, they are just being decendants of slaves of the Cherokee. They aren't claiming to be Cherokee by birth or through a blood bond, they are just claiming to have been part of the Cherokee nation through the ancestor who were living with the Cherokee and who were part of the Cherokee Nation. This is much like the whiteman saying that black slaves weren't Americans.

IML Gear Cream!
1 ..."assume the close"?

From what I get in the article their already are those in the Cherokee Nation who's ancestors were once part of the Nation in that they were slaves of the Cherokee. No one is posing as a Cherokee, they are just being decendants of slaves of the Cherokee. 2 ... They aren't claiming to be Cherokee by birth or through a blood bond, they are just claiming to have been part of the Cherokee nation through the ancestor who were living with the Cherokee and who were part of the Cherokee Nation. 3 ... This is much like the whiteman saying that black slaves weren't Americans.
1 ... When you go into a sale and treat the potential customer as though the sale is already made.

2 ... They are trying to establish a legal claim by birth to Cherokee assets. Having been owned by Cherokees doesn't make them Cherokees ... even after breeding. They may share SOME genetic material from over a century ago. That isn't enough IMHO. There are many light skinned black Americans with caucasian blood, but none claim to be white.

3 ... There are no immigration inroads to the Cherokee Nation. The US is wide open.

Back