Those who are familiar with NASM

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Those who are familiar with NASM

Hey guys,
    I have a few questions:

1. What is the most critical part of the test? I have heard many times its the anatomy part.

2. Did you guys stick to the study guide and only do a bit each day or, could you not get enough? I know personally I cant get enough, but I still limit myself.

3. Should I know each definition word for word? Or just have an understanding of the words?

I have more questions but of course I cant think of them right now. I know honestly I am very humbled by the information and am so excited to get completely through it! Did you guys just take the test once or did you hvae to scheledule retakes? I am simply trying to take in as much information as I can at a time and really making sure I can recall it all. I think thats kinda why I dont like to get ahead of myself with the study guide. Thanks guys I am so happy I decided to do this and am looking forwards to making myself this much more educated.

Oh one final question:

Of course the strength and power are 2 different things.....and the book has alot of strength exercises you can superset with power exercises. Me being an athlete I want to start adding these a bit more to my program. I am going to use the jump squat after my split squats, but whats a good one for something like pullups, or rows? I saw soccer throw for something like a shoulder press. Thanks guys, kinda curious.

Thanks for the help guys, at first I was a bit overwhelmed by the information, but after realizing some of the stuff in there I realize I know a good percentage of it. But the anatomy part is going to kick my ass.

Stay puffed, baby.

Rep Points

I made a mistake of studying definitions to much. Knowing the meaning is suffice (in fact I knew the meaning of 99 percent of the definiions before I read it).

I studied for about 3 solid weeks before testing. I took about 100 pages of notes. I would recommend the same. Focus on anatomy and the exercises. I glanced over the exercises and suffered because of it.

Make sure you read the last few chapters and have a general understanding of the business side.

Also memorize the OPT model, they have a lot of questions regarding that.
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

Stay puffed, baby.

Rep Points

Oh, secondarily, the study guide was helpful. At the end I took each test without referencing the book and got about 85 percent of the questions. If you can do that (or the online practice exam)at 80 + percent you should feel good about your chances.
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Let me know how it goes Double D, there is a good chance I'll be taking this in the future.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Rep Points

Plyos for pull-ups/row

Underhand Medball Throw
    Plyo pull-up
    Seated/Standing backward throw
    Power Drop
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    Let me know how it goes Double D, there is a good chance I'll be taking this in the future.
    Same here.

Go for it, man! If you work at it as hard as you workout you'll have no problems
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thanks Duncan, that really helps. I heard the anatomny part was a bitch and I have a heck of a time with it! But I have an overall understanding of it already. I have only had the marterial for about a week and its so fun to study.

Thank you Dale, much appreciated!

Fu and Gaz I will keep you guys posted. Also you have to have a cpr card before testing. I am getting one from the red cross on the 22nd.

Theres a ton of info, but its super interesting!

Rep Points

Anatomy Difficulty NASM vs ACE vs NCSA

Quote Originally Posted by Duncans Donuts View Post
    I made a mistake of studying definitions to much. Knowing the meaning is suffice (in fact I knew the meaning of 99 percent of the definiions before I read it).

I studied for about 3 solid weeks before testing. I took about 100 pages of notes. I would recommend the same. Focus on anatomy and the exercises. I glanced over the exercises and suffered because of it.

Make sure you read the last few chapters and have a general understanding of the business side.

Also memorize the OPT model, they have a lot of questions regarding that.
    Does anybody know the relative level of difficulty for the NASM vs ACE vs NCSA in terms of how much/how difficult it is to learn their respective coverage of anatomy? I am not good at memorizing so this could be a pretty decisive factor on my certification choice.

Thank you very much

CrashLanding