• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Those who are familiar with NASM

Double D

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys,
I have a few questions:

1. What is the most critical part of the test? I have heard many times its the anatomy part.

2. Did you guys stick to the study guide and only do a bit each day or, could you not get enough? I know personally I cant get enough, but I still limit myself.

3. Should I know each definition word for word? Or just have an understanding of the words?

I have more questions but of course I cant think of them right now. I know honestly I am very humbled by the information and am so excited to get completely through it! Did you guys just take the test once or did you hvae to scheledule retakes? I am simply trying to take in as much information as I can at a time and really making sure I can recall it all. I think thats kinda why I dont like to get ahead of myself with the study guide. Thanks guys I am so happy I decided to do this and am looking forwards to making myself this much more educated.

Oh one final question:

Of course the strength and power are 2 different things.....and the book has alot of strength exercises you can superset with power exercises. Me being an athlete I want to start adding these a bit more to my program. I am going to use the jump squat after my split squats, but whats a good one for something like pullups, or rows? I saw soccer throw for something like a shoulder press. Thanks guys, kinda curious.

Thanks for the help guys, at first I was a bit overwhelmed by the information, but after realizing some of the stuff in there I realize I know a good percentage of it. But the anatomy part is going to kick my ass.

I made a mistake of studying definitions to much. Knowing the meaning is suffice (in fact I knew the meaning of 99 percent of the definiions before I read it).

I studied for about 3 solid weeks before testing. I took about 100 pages of notes. I would recommend the same. Focus on anatomy and the exercises. I glanced over the exercises and suffered because of it.

Make sure you read the last few chapters and have a general understanding of the business side.

Also memorize the OPT model, they have a lot of questions regarding that.

Oh, secondarily, the study guide was helpful. At the end I took each test without referencing the book and got about 85 percent of the questions. If you can do that (or the online practice exam)at 80 + percent you should feel good about your chances.

Let me know how it goes Double D, there is a good chance I'll be taking this in the future.

Plyos for pull-ups/row

Underhand Medball Throw
Plyo pull-up
Seated/Standing backward throw
Power Drop

Let me know how it goes Double D, there is a good chance I'll be taking this in the future.

Same here.

Go for it, man! If you work at it as hard as you workout you'll have no problems :thumbs:

Thanks Duncan, that really helps. I heard the anatomny part was a bitch and I have a heck of a time with it! But I have an overall understanding of it already. I have only had the marterial for about a week and its so fun to study.

Thank you Dale, much appreciated!

Fu and Gaz I will keep you guys posted. Also you have to have a cpr card before testing. I am getting one from the red cross on the 22nd.

Theres a ton of info, but its super interesting!

Anatomy Difficulty NASM vs ACE vs NCSA

I made a mistake of studying definitions to much. Knowing the meaning is suffice (in fact I knew the meaning of 99 percent of the definiions before I read it).

I studied for about 3 solid weeks before testing. I took about 100 pages of notes. I would recommend the same. Focus on anatomy and the exercises. I glanced over the exercises and suffered because of it.

Make sure you read the last few chapters and have a general understanding of the business side.

Also memorize the OPT model, they have a lot of questions regarding that.

Does anybody know the relative level of difficulty for the NASM vs ACE vs NCSA in terms of how much/how difficult it is to learn their respective coverage of anatomy? I am not good at memorizing so this could be a pretty decisive factor on my certification choice.

Thank you very much

CrashLanding

Back