• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How long do we have?

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How Long Do We Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted
their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a
Scottish history professor at the University of
Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it
simply cannot exist as a permanent form of
government."

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the
time that voters discover they can vote themselves
generous gifts from the public treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for
the candidates who promise the most benefits from
the public treasury, with the result that every
democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal
policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest
civilizations from the beginning of history, has
been about 200 years."

"During those 200 years, those nations always
progressed through the following sequence:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;
2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
3. from courage to liberty;
4. from liberty to abundance;
5. from abundance to complacency;
6. from complacency to apathy;
7. from apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage"

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University
School of Law, St.Paul, Minnesota, points out some
interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential
election:

Number of States won by:

Gore: 19;

Bush: 29

Square miles of land won by:

Gore: 80,000;

Bush: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by:

Gore: 127 million;

Bush: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won
by:

Gore: 13.2;

Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of
the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by
the taxpaying citizens of this great country.
Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens
living in government-owned tenements and living off
various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere
between the "complacency and apathy" phase of
Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some
forty percent of the nation's population already
having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to
twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and
they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in
fewer than five years.

Pass this along to help everyone realize just how
much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the
greatest danger to our freedom.

I'm not sure what the point of that article is... :confused:

With friends like Diebold, Bush could never lose anyways.

There has never been a country like the USA. Trying to portend its doom based on past countries (especially the Roman Republic) is nothing more than intellectual masturbation.

And trying to convince yourself that everyone likes Bush so much is an exersize in futility.

I'm not sure what the point of that article is... :confused:

With friends like Diebold, Bush could never lose anyways.

And trying to convince yourself that everyone likes Bush so much is an exersize in futility.

this isn't about bush. It's about

government."

nowhere is it written that America will stay on top forever.

It's also not written that the US must fall in the centuries to come.

For as much as I like to complain about my fellow Americans, it's the people that make this country great, not some historical perspective.

How Long Do We Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted
their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a
Scottish history professor at the University of
Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

government."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for
the candidates who promise the most benefits from
the public treasury, with the result that every
democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal
policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest
civilizations from the beginning of history, has
been about 200 years."

Great thread, DG.

We see this happening now:

Voters voting for ENTITLEMENTS, which are now 60% of the budget.

Yes, sixty percent of the budget.

There is an article in Newsweek with a pie chart about this.

Great thread. Eerily, realistic. :thumb:

The point was that the majority of this country is depending on the government to help them and this crap needs to stop now! No more welfare, no more free medical to the illegals. Take care of yourself and stop taxing the working man to death.
As a side note, Charlotte NC has had a new tram in the works for the last couple of years and it has run into milllions and millions over budget. Well, the taxpayers have had enough and are gathering about 50k signatures that will stop the funding for this project. What was city councils thought..........If you do that, we will just raise property taxes to do it! This type of shit has to stop.

It's also not written that the US must fall in the centuries to come.

For as much as I like to complain about my fellow Americans, it's the people that make this country great, not some historical perspective.

but history likes to repeat itself. I agree that you can't compare America to ancient civilizations as apples to apples. But predictions and preventative measures can be achieved by studying ancient civilizations.

IML Gear Cream!
The point was that the majority of this country is depending on the government to help them and this crap needs to stop now! No more welfare, no more free medical to the illegals. Take care of yourself and stop taxing the working man to death.
As a side note, Charlotte NC has had a new tram in the works for the last couple of years and it has run into milllions and millions over budget. Well, the taxpayers have had enough and are gathering about 50k signatures that will stop the funding for this project. What was city councils thought..........If you do that, we will just raise property taxes to do it! This type of shit has to stop.

:thumb: .Right on.I don???t feel like I should be paying taxes while someone else is laying on their ass collecting a check. This reminds me of a movie and a debate that ensued afterwards last night. We were watching Babel (which is slower than hell) and at one point this nanny gets busted and she is an illegal alien. She is told that she will be automatically deported and she starts crying and said she has been in the US for 16years and has made a life here. Then she says she would like a lawyer. Anyway she starts crying and I am the only person in the room that didn???t feel sorry for her apparently. I said she shouldn???t get off that easy and I was told that was heartless and she had lived here for years and worked and it wasn???t fair.I disagreed because she was simply illegal and broke the law coming here and was breaking it every time she went to work and that I bust my ass and pay taxes but she wasn???t. She took advantage of our country by penetrating a border that I pay to protect. If you have a NO TRESSPASSING sign up is it ok for me to trespass and stay on your property if I am just going to get a job and raise a family there?
The money she got she was not entitled to. If I rob my local convenience store and don???t kill anyone and get cought 16 years later should I be able to keep the money?

The Roman Republic lasted for almost 500 years...times being what they were back then it's amazing they were able to hold that long....In this day and age with all of the prevalent democracies around the world I don't see America having that kind of history. Back during Roman times most of the worlds nations were Monarchies so Rome had a lot going against them and they still held up...now that most of the world is democratic other nations can watch the ass of each other I can't see easy upheaval happening...

this isn't about bush. It's about

government."

I'll let you in on a little secret: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_and_Prosperity_Partnership_of_North_America

Bush wants the US to combine with Canada and Mexico to form the North American Union, much like the European Union...if this happens the US will no longer be a sovereign entity...

This has everything to do with Bush Jr....why do you think he hasn't really addressed the issue of illegal immigration?

I'll let you in on a little secret: Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bush wants the US to combine with Canada and Mexico to form the North American Union, much like the European Union...if this happens the US will no longer be a sovereign entity...

This has everything to do with Bush Jr....why do you think he hasn't really addressed the issue of illegal immigration?
Es por the United Countries Of North America .... eh hoser? We would speak Spanglench.

I'll let you in on a little secret: Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh now that will work:wits:
I can see the rednecks now sitting on the Nafta superhighway taking target practice as the illegals ride by. This should be fun.

Back