• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Planks 1 Uthinkso 0

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So to say that I grossly underestimated planks and how hard they can be might be the laugh of the year. I managed to do 8 reps at 30 seconds each and was spent.

The first 15 seconds isn't all bad and then you start shaking and such. Its a tough excercise. I see how it effects core and thus how it effects the abs overall.

Good recomendation people.

Once you get comfortable, try adding weight. I do them with a 25lb plate on my back now. It's amazing how much of a difference 5 or 10lbs makes.

I rarely do them, but when I do, i set a watch down beside me and go for 1'30", rest for 15secs and then go for another 1'30".

Sweat starts poaring off me in the last 45 seconds of the second set.

At least you have the stones to admit it :thumb:

I do em with my 2 daughters on my back. I try to simply hold it for 2 minutes with them on there. But its very tough!

At least you have the stones to admit it :thumb:

Oh yeah I'm as honest as they come. After all thats the only way to get good results is to be honest.

The stop watch thing is a good idea.

I do em with my 2 daughters on my back. I try to simply hold it for 2 minutes with them on there. But its very tough!

Sounds like a bonus reason for having kids. :laugh:

I do pushups with my nephew on my back, but he's a rough kid- always going for the choke hold so it makes it more difficult. :lol:

Hahaha, I know the feeling BB. My daughters both hold on for their life and they get the occasional rear naked choke on me from time to time. I normally cut the set in half! :)

I was in a contest once and held one for five minutes. The winner held it for 13 minutes. Freaking sick.

They have plank contests? Wow! That's :cool:

It was a bunch of trainers at a conference doing things for endurance. Planks, wall squats, push-ups, stuff like that.

how many minutes are you up to? I remember looking at your journal, you can be the plank champ!

I have not done a regular plank in awhile- mostly I do them with added weight so I don't know. I'm pretty sure I could do 10 minutes + if I did them more often. But as they say proof is in the pudding. :laugh:

By the way, Mike, how are your planks/ stabillization exercises coming along?

It was a bunch of trainers at a conference doing things for endurance. Planks, wall squats, push-ups, stuff like that.

Cool. What were the records for the wall squats and push-ups?

Wall squat a girl got to 12 minutes and then they started putting weights on her lap, she lasted another 3 after that. Push-ups I don't remember the exact number but it was over 100.

Wall squat a girl got to 12 minutes and then they started putting weights on her lap, she lasted another 3 after that. Push-ups I don't remember the exact number but it was over 100.

Over 100 pushups!! That incredible. I wanted to get 20 reps at 30 seconds as my goal. Thats what I'm striving for and then take it from there.

Back