• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need Help: Computer dvd related

LexusGS

3UZFE
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there any ways that you can use some kind of cable or something that allows you to view what u see on your computer screen through your TV monitor? Sorry if that's confusing.

Is there any ways that you can use some kind of cable or something that allows you to view what u see on your computer screen through your TV monitor? Sorry if that's confusing.

yes but only with some TVs, read your TV manual ;)

Look on the back of your comp. Look for an extra blue colored plug. If your TV has one like that your in luck ... if not :wits:

depends what type of connection you wanna run....and your TV type.

if your tv's an old squared type (4x3), then you can get a cheapo video card, 30 bux, that has analog out....it's usually yellow. This is good for watching DIVX, but not so hot for reading text browsing the web etc.

if your tv's a widescreen.....then I would run DVI-to-HDMI.......or VGA / component as a second option. You would need a more recent video card 75 bux +.

its a 42 inch plasma with HDMI. which one do you think I need for this? and where can i buy it?

its a 42 inch plasma with HDMI. which one do you think I need for this? and where can i buy it?

oh plasma...nice.

I would definitely go with HDMI.

you should go to avsforums.com............and look up your TV. Each plasma TV will have their own official thread over there......with tonnes of information you should check out.

some Plasma's will look best with dvi-to-HDMI hookup.........others will look good with VGA only. The official threads should give you that info before you go out and buy expensive cables.

as for video card.....it depends if your into games or heavy graphic apps or not....and the type of computer you have.

if you got PCI-express slot on your mobo.....definately get one of those cards. They are cheaper, and are way faster. AGP slot is a second option...... and normal PCI a third.

Also....if you plan on running Blu-Ray or HD-DVD in the future..........you will need a HDCP compliant card and HDCP compliant TV set.

TigerDirect.com Super Buys - Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks

Back