• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

question about workout

bandit22

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i'm 5'5 175lbs 10%bf been lifting for a couple of years now. i was wondering if this workout is too much or good to go thanks.

Workout #1

Workout #2

Workout #3

Workout #1

Workout #2

OFF
OFF

Workout #1

EXERCISE Set #1 Set #2 Set #3 Set #4 Set #5 Set #6 Set #7
Incline Bench Press - 15-10-8-6-6-4-2 Reps
Flat Dumbell Press - 6-8 Reps 4 sets
Incline Dumbell Press - 6-8 Reps 4 sets
Smith Machine Press - 10-8-6-4 Reps
Arnolds - 6-8 Reps 4 sets
Front/Lateral Raises - 10 Reps 4 sets
SkullCrushers - 10 Reps 4 sets
Reverse Grip Press - 10 Reps 4 sets

Workout #2

EXERCISE Set #1 Set #2 Set #3 Set #4 Set #5
T-Bar Rows - 10-10-8-8-6 Reps
Lat Pulldown - 10-8 Reps 4 sets
Machine Row - 10-8 Reps 4 sets
Shrugs - 12-15 Reps 4 sets
Barbell Curls - 10-8 Reps 4 sets
Dumbell Curls - 10 Reps 4 sets

Workout #3

Squats - 15-10-8-6-6-4-2 Reps
Deadlifts - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Leg Press - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Leg Extension - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Leg Curl - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Calves - Max Reps 5 sets

looks like too much. squats / deads in the same day?

i also felt it was too much. that workout was suggested to me by a weightlifter at my job. what kind of split would u suggest. thanks for your time

wow....ok. come on man. i'm not a newbie at lifting but i've hit a plateau and just cant find a split that i feel like workouts me out enough but then again not overtrain.

lol...well of course! what split do u go with?? I've been doing this

chest tri
back bi
off
shoulders
legs
off
off

i thought about trying a 5 day split to cut workout time down and more focus on one bodypart

chest
back
legs
shoulders
arms

any real suggestions or thoughts lol.

a split is nothing more than a shell. It is what you do with the variables that will dicate whether what is inside the shell is effective or not.

a split is very important. its the base of every workout/routine. u must start with a solid split before you can even think about using variables. In the end yes the variables are really what decides upon your muscle growth/ strength.

IML Gear Cream!
a split is very important. its the base of every workout/routine. u must start with a solid split before you can even think about using variables. In the end yes the variables are really what decides upon your muscle growth/ strength.

i know. both of the splits you have listed are body part splits. aside form the fact that i think they suck....they aren't much different. the only thing that is going to be different about them is the variables with in them.

check out the training 101 stickie.

that seems way to much volume.

The best way to break out a plateau (based on my personal experience) is periodisation.

i suggest you try 5x5 for a few weeks than do a few weeks of ful body and comeback to this one you have.

your movements are not ideal either, here is some better exercises you can try for the same "bodypart".

Incline Bench Press - 15-10-8-6-6-4-2 Reps
Flat Dumbell Press - 6-8 Reps 4 sets
Incline Dumbell Press - 6-8 Reps 4 set
Smith Machine Press - 10-8-6-4 Reps
Arnolds - 6-8 Reps 4 sets
Front/Lateral Raises - 10 Reps 4 sets
SkullCrushers - 10 Reps 4 sets
Reverse Grip Press - 10 Reps 4 sets

i see that you are trying to work on your chest/tris/shoulders, but there is too much volume. it is too hard on your central nervous system and it is a waste of time. what I would do for a change is this,

flat bench 5x5
incline DB bench 5x5
military press 5x5
skull crusher 5x5

then rest for a day (you can swim and play cold water sports, which aids in recovery of your Central Nervous System , if you dont have a pool just take cold showers)

Workout #2

EXERCISE Set #1 Set #2 Set #3 Set #4 Set #5
T-Bar Rows - 10-10-8-8-6 Reps
Lat Pulldown - 10-8 Reps 4 sets
Machine Row - 10-8 Reps 4 sets
Shrugs - 12-15 Reps 4 sets
Barbell Curls - 10-8 Reps 4 sets
Dumbell Curls - 10 Reps 4 sets

again too much volume

i would replace it with,

Power clean 3sets x5
BB row 5x5
weight Pull-ups 5x5
Farmers walk 30 metres x3
hammer curls/ BB curls 3setsx5

rest for a day again. hangout with freinds, cook or spend time with family (swim again if you want.)

Workout #3

Squats - 15-10-8-6-6-4-2 Reps
Deadlifts - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Leg Press - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Leg Extension - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Leg Curl - 8-10 Reps 4 sets
Calves - Max Reps 5 sets

if you want to max out on squat, dont do other exercises.

here is something i would do for a change

front squat 5x5
ham calves raise 3 ssts x 5 (this is a hamstring killer )
farmers walk 30 metre x3 times

rest for a day repeat.

keep doing this for 4 weeks, than change to fullbody or westside for another 4 weeks then come back to this routine you posted.

meanwhile, just relax, eat a lot and sleep well.

Agree with P here 100%. Bodypart splits suck. They do very little for strength and makes it very easy to overtrain.

And the previous post, do NOT suggest someone do westside whenever you dont really know their previous experience and also westside is much more about strength vs. size! And for someone doing a bodypart splits, it is my opinion that he is looking for more size than he is strength.

i was just suggesting that he could try different training philosophys instead of sticking to bodypart splits.

my personal experience tells me that hypertrophy comes with strength gain. but that is just my humble opinion.

again i dont want to get into the neural adaptation vs hypertrophy during strength training argument.

Back