• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Totally Phucked Myself!!!

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So its my push day, I've been taking my time and working form. Its amazing to me, the difference in strength I have in pulling movements versus my pushing stuff. My pushing straight up sucks, its hard being a big guy that can't bench his own body weight even once.

That being said I have been planning to go heavy and hard today when I got to the gym. After a couple set of pushdowns with moderate weight. I moved over to the iso-lateral decline press. Loaded up a plate on each side and busted out 12 reps. I was super-setting with pushdowns and knocked out 12 reps at 70lb, then went back to the press and loaded up another plate. I got 10 clean reps but it was far harder than I anticipated. I should have crept up on it. Well at any rate I proceeded for two more sets of both excercises and then went onto military press.

When I arrived at military press I was dead, completely tapped and out of strength. In order to keep form and not just throw the weight over my head I stepped the weight down. I grabbed a pair of 30lb DB and did them 30'sx12, 40'sx8, and 40'sx6. The last set took everything I had.

Got to dips and had nothing, I usually use the weight assist as I can't do body weight dips just yet. Even still with it at 100lb of weight assist I could still only muster 3 reps. So I took a 5 minute break to try and gather more of my strength but it was gone. I was so pissed, I went to hard to fast and burnt myself out. The diet was spot on with good protein and carbs, and lots of them.

I typically start with dips since they are my weakest excercise, but instead I tried to change it up and paid the price with a shitty routine.

I did 40min of HIIT though, so if nothing else I punished myself and made use of those carbs.:wits:

One of the reasons I like doing total body workouts over push-pull-legs is that I find it more efficient. It's hard to do a number of movements back to back that involve a lot of the same muscles- like the workout you described. With a total body workout that is based around the big compound movements you can do 5-6 exercises and not have them interfere with each other. You should look into how P-funk sets up his A and B total body programs. They work like a charm.

One of the reasons I like doing total body workouts over push-pull-legs is that I find it more efficient. It's hard to do a number of movements back to back that involve a lot of the same muscles- like the workout you described. With a total body workout that is based around the big compound movements you can do 5-6 exercises and not have them interfere with each other. You should look into how P-funk sets up his A and B total body programs. They work like a charm.

Well this is only my thrid work with the push/pull/legs routine. P-funk posted up a A/B routine for me to follow and I amy look to that after I'm done with this. I've actually been doing well with it, but today I screwed up my order and paid the price.

So don't do all your sets for one exercise. Do it more like a circuit with rest intervals. That way you wont burn out....

Dips
rest
bench
rest
overhead press
rest
repeat

You were tired... slow it down and spread it out as P said. Perhaps incorporate another movement in between so that it goes push pull push pull.

So don't do all your sets for one exercise. Do it more like a circuit with rest intervals. That way you wont burn out....

Dips
rest
bench
rest
overhead press
rest
repeat

That is actually a great idea. So like a giant superset of sorts. Just using three excercises instead of two. I'll give it a whirl.

Yeah I know witchblade, I'm a little neurotic about this stuff. I get a plan in my head and when things don't come together I go off the reservation a bit:wits:

Dips
rest
bench
rest
overhead press
rest
repeat

Thats a good idea if no one is using his shit or is in his way.

Seems to me that he was pre-exhausting by doing triceps before a decline press. (single joint b4 compound movement?) Possibly warming up the elbows?

I guess if you liked this current routine, my suggestions would be to keep the declines with 1 plate on each side OR go up to just an addition of 10 or 25lbs on each side. You dont always have to use the plates just cuz theyre machines.

Supersetting catches up with you like a motherfucker. If you havent already, I would suggest to stay with 1 plate on each side of the decline along with the pushdowns, just to see if the rest of your workouts suffers. Then again, I also dont know what your rests were in between supersets.

When you say there wasnt any more strength, was it cuz you were out of breath, burning, exhausted, etc?

Thats a good idea if no one is using his shit or is in his way.

Seems to me that he was pre-exhausting by doing triceps before a decline press. (single joint b4 compound movement?) Possibly warming up the elbows?

I guess if you liked this current routine, my suggestions would be to keep the declines with 1 plate on each side OR go up to just an addition of 10 or 25lbs on each side. You dont always have to use the plates just cuz theyre machines.

Supersetting catches up with you like a motherfucker. If you havent already, I would suggest to stay with 1 plate on each side of the decline along with the pushdowns, just to see if the rest of your workouts suffers. Then again, I also dont know what your rests were in between supersets.

When you say there wasnt any more strength, was it cuz you were out of breath, burning, exhausted, etc?

Rest interval was 1-2 minutes. I had my breath just fine, I simpy was pushing with all the strength I could muster and couldn't move hardly any weight, and certainly nowhere near what I normally can do.

that is another reason why I hate all upper body push day or upper body pull day. you work hard on one exercise and everything else is in the shit. that is why i like either total upper body/lower body or total body workouts.

IML Gear Cream!
that is another reason why I hate all upper body push day or upper body pull day. you work hard on one exercise and everything else is in the shit. that is why i like either total upper body/lower body or total body workouts.

Out of curiousity what does your routine look like for this week funk? How many days do you train? What is your current routine made up of?

Out of curiousity what does your routine look like for this week funk? How many days do you train? What is your current routine made up of?

My routine has been the same for the past 6 weeks....total body training 4x's a week. My journal has the program. If you check out my blog, I talk about how to set up a program in several entries from last month.

why his HIIT training was so long is my question. I do a maximum of 20 minutes on HIIT. Isnt that overkill? I was always under the impression that HIIT was supposed to be short and brief.

why his HIIT training was so long is my question. I do a maximum of 20 minutes on HIIT. Isnt that overkill? I was always under the impression that HIIT was supposed to be short and brief.

I typically do 20-30 minutes, but since my weight training went so bad I did an extra long cardio session. I have a lot of fat to burn so really, I don't know that theres such a thing as too much cardio for me.

Back