Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Drunk driving vs Steroid use

Rep Points

Drunk driving vs Steroid use

I think it is quite funny how the stupid ass media members make such a big deal about steroid use in baseball (true it should be banned in baseball...but not society). But when the manager for the St Louis Cardinals was arrested for DUI, there was barely a glitch on the radar screen.

Its also quite funny how the sports media took the story of Angels outfielder Gary Mathews and his name appearing on a list for purchasing HGH. It was a HUGE topic throughout the day everywhere.

Now lets get this straight, Gary Mathews using HGH is going to hurt who??? Nobody. While Tony LaRussa driving while intoxicated could possibly kill himself among others!!! But yet the media members all forgave him and all is good now. They sent him flowers and cards. But if they see Gary Mathews name on another HGH list again they are going to tar and feather the guy!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I couldn't agree more.

SeƱor Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think it all boils down to the severity of the punishment. Everyone knows LaRussa is going to walk away with a slap on the wrist. That's not much of a story. The repercussions of getting caught with steroids are far greater.

Which is a better headline?

Tony LaRussa gets license suspended for 6 months for DUI charge.

or

Home Run king Barry Bonds is indicted for the illegal use of steroids and will spend 2 years in jail.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

True and that is the problem. LaRussa should be serving 2 years and Bonds should be getting a slap on the wrist.

I have no patience for retards who drink and drive.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

LaRussa getting arrested was the lead story on pretty much every sports news program yesterday, so I wouldn't say that was "barely a glitch." And do you not think he is going to get harrassed by fans mercilessly this season for it?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    True and that is the problem. LaRussa should be serving 2 years and Bonds should be getting a slap on the wrist.

I have no patience for retards who drink and drive.
    while i agree with ur stance, tony la russa is not even close to being a "retard." He is a standup guy who has done a lot of things for the bay area community over the past decade. While the mistake he made was reckless and an endangerment to others, I think it would be wise to think about a person's character before slandering them, wouldn't you agree?
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No!

Drinking and Driving is stupid. He loses any credibility I have with him. My family has had close friends die at the hand of a Drunk Driver. There is no excuse for drinking or driving. Period. All this shows is a lack of character on his behalf.

And the winner is......
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You've never had a couple of beers then drove home?
    I hope that donkey doesn't have a heinie troll!

And the winner is......
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The answer to the question is that the DUI, while damaging to your character, doesn't effect the records, or give players an edge. Steroids are considered cheating now, while a DUI has nothing to do with the game being played.
    I hope that donkey doesn't have a heinie troll!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Larussa was barely over the legal limit in Florida as well. It is .08 and he was at .09. I do think though that drunk drivers get off very easy at times. I was hit by a drunk driver some 6-7 years ago and was put into the hospital for a short bit. So I know all about the severity of drunk driving.