NapsGear.net

Unloading Question

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Unloading Question

I'm a bit overdue for some unloading (8 weeks), so I plan on unloading this week. I know this may seem like a dumb question but I was not sure, but when unloading could I still do cardio or should I skip that too? I usually do cardio 3 x week for 1/2 hour.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

depends on how intense the cardio is, how intense the training that you are coming off of are, what you did for those 8 weeks, etc......Doing nothing sometimes may be the best thing. Other times, recovery type training is best. Other times, light cardio might be best.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    depends on how intense the cardio is, how intense the training that you are coming off of are, what you did for those 8 weeks, etc......Doing nothing sometimes may be the best thing. Other times, recovery type training is best. Other times, light cardio might be best.

I've been doing push/pull/legs for 8 weeks. Fairly intense cardio and weights. Obviously need to take the break even though I hate it. I have a bunch of errands to catch up on anyway. I think if I get time I may do some very light cardio (i.e. just walking). I hate unloading. Can't stand the fact I can't lift for a week.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    I've been doing push/pull/legs for 8 weeks. Fairly intense cardio and weights. Obviously need to take the break even though I hate it. I have a bunch of errands to catch up on anyway. I think if I get time I may do some very light cardio (i.e. just walking). I hate unloading. Can't stand the fact I can't lift for a week.
    makes you sronger in the long run.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    makes you sronger in the long run.
    Yeah, I usually make pretty good gains too after I go back to the gym from unloading. I guess I will try to enjoy my time off.

Thanks for a bit of insight. I could only say I've been lifting properly for around 6 months now because I went 6 months straight last year without unloading, and realized I was not really sure if I should still impliment any cardio.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    Yeah, I usually make pretty good gains too after I go back to the gym from unloading. I guess I will try to enjoy my time off.
    drives me crazy when you have to unload; i feel like I should be in the gym beating myself to a pulp. hmmm that makes me wonder...

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/ge...ml#post1591998
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Light weight!

Rep Points

I used to hate unloading and very rarely did it, perfect way to overtrain and make myself ill. I quite like unloading now though, boosts my motivation for the week i start lifting again.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Unloading is the best. I get to be normal for a week. Well I guess as normal as I can be.

Stay puffed, baby.

Rep Points

Take a week off.
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    Unloading is the best. I get to be normal for a week. Well I guess as normal as I can be.
    lol. Yeah, I've just taken the whole week off. I haven't done anything but work, eat, and sleep. It's actually been kind of nice but I'm looking forward to going back. Thanks to everyone for their input.
    DRSE Reconnaissance