• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rambo!

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
rambo019-761028.JPG

Give it up Sly!

It really is sad when celebrities tarnish their legacy to make a few extra bucks.

Yeah I heard about this last year. This one is a bad idea, just like a new Die Hard.
I like the Die Hard series. The script uses just as much mind as it does muscle to drive the [SIZE=-1]John McClane charector, so I can see Willis pulling it off at his age ... IF he comes in with some conditioning. In 16 Blocks he played an out of shape drunk that couldn't even walk 6 blocks ... and looked the part.

How is John Rambo gonna look like the young Nam LRRP type at what ... 59ish?
[/SIZE]

I like the Die Hard series. The script uses just as much mind as it does muscle to drive the [SIZE=-1]John McClane charector, so I can see Willis pulling it off at his age ... IF he comes in with some conditioning. In 16 Blocks he played an out of shape drunk that couldn't even walk 6 blocks ... and looked the part.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]How is John Rambo gonna look like the young Nam LRRP type at what ... 59ish?[/SIZE]

I liked the Die Hard series too. But it had that 80's/90's action feel to it which won't be touched anytime soon because arguably the best action flicks came out in those eras. I think the triology is perfect the way it is. And by the looks of the new Die Hard trailer, it looks more like I, Robot than Die Hard with all the cheesy special effects. They have to chill with remaking/adding to all these classic films.

Die Hard (1988)
YouTube Video

They practically showed the whole movie in these 80's trailers, lol.

Die Hard (2007)
YouTube Video

Hey if that 70 year old veteran can choke an armed robber to death then John Rambo can blow a few hundred guys away to save some more POW's.....

IML Gear Cream!
Hey if that 70 year old veteran can choke an armed robber to death then John Rambo can blow a few hundred guys away to save some more POW's.....

Good point and it can be done no question. I just hate when the remakes or sequels years down the road come out and are totally different from the original in every aspect. It's almost traumatizing :laugh:

They practically showed the whole movie in these 80's trailers, lol.

That trailer is way too long to be the original one shown in the movie theaters. It's likely a "preview" used on DVDs (and VHS).

I think that most modern trailers show too much of the movies. Take Spider-man 3, for example.

The Die Hard 4 trailer you showed is called a "teaser". It doesn't tell you anything about the plot. It's just a series of clips.

That trailer is way too long to be the original one shown in the movie theaters. It's likely a "preview" used on DVDs (and VHS).

I think that most modern trailers show too much of the movies. Take Spider-man 3, for example.

The Die Hard 4 trailer you showed is called a "teaser". It doesn't tell you anything about the plot. It's just a series of clips.

I'm too young to remember trailers in the theaters, so I'll take your word for it. But the Youtube title said original theatrical trailer and it had the green screen with "the following has preview has been..."

And yup, the DH4 is a teaser, I don't think the trailer has been released yet. I was just trying to make a point of the difference in special effects.

I'm too young to remember trailers in the theaters, so I'll take your word for it. But the Youtube title said original theatrical trailer and it had the green screen with "the following has preview has been..."

Back in my day... :(

The 80s was when the "sound bite", MTV-ish, movie trailer was perfected. Most movie trailers were very short and often told you nothing about the movie's plot. The trailer that you posted was, as I said, way too long. It was probably from an 80's VHS preview. It seems like it's trying to show the viewer enough of the movie to remind them how good it was so that they viewer would buy the tape.

Granted, I could be wrong. :shrug:

Yeah that's true. I completely forgot about the VHS previews you had to FF for like 10 minutes to get to the "Feature Presentation." Brings back memories. I could probably list like 50 previews and which VHS movies they correspond with and also some of the narration of the previews. Pathetic :laugh:

Back in my day... :(

The 80s was when the "sound bite", MTV-ish, movie trailer was perfected. Most movie trailers were very short and often told you nothing about the movie's plot. The trailer that you posted was, as I said, way too long. It was probably from an 80's VHS preview. It seems like it's trying to show the viewer enough of the movie to remind them how good it was so that they viewer would buy the tape.

Granted, I could be wrong. :shrug:

Exactly.

I buy Dvds of old movies so I can see the trailers. And they are almost always shitty. The Thing's was incredibly short and corny. Honestly, I cant see why anyone would see these movies when the trailers look like "hunches."

As far as Die Hard 4 goes...someone mentioned script. Bone did. Anyway, this trailier seems to focus that this whole catastrophe shit that keeps happeneing has now made John MacClaine 'used to it.' I think that sucks. His mouth is what made the movies a hit.

I guess we're lucky Mel Gibson is turning down the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max offers.

I wonder how the new Indiana Jones is gonna be.

I guess we're lucky Mel Gibson is turning down the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max offers.

He prolly turned them down cuz they'd be in ENGLISH ... the fucking poser.

"ENGLISH MUTHAFUCKER ... do you SPEAK it?"

Possible Titles:

Indiana Jones and the Metamucil Drink
Indiana Jones and the Search for the Fountain of Youth
Seriously Dude, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, For Real This Time
Indiana Jones and the Geriatric Years
Indiana Jones VII, the search for Indian Jones IV, V and VI

I think another Lethal Weapon would work. There are cops older than them still doing shit.

Indiana Jones will prolly work too.

Its just that (John) the main character in Die Hard 4 looks different. That just doesnt bode well to me.

IML Gear Cream!
Possible Titles:

Indiana Jones and the Metamucil Drink
Indiana Jones and the Search for the Fountain of Youth
Seriously Dude, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, For Real This Time
Indiana Jones and the Geriatric Years
Indiana Jones VII, the search for Indian Jones IV, V and VI

:funny:

Back