• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Another skinny guy "crowding" up the weight room

ekim

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
First off, glad I stumbled upon this site. I've been lurking for a bit and decided this was the best weightlifting forum for me to get my start. This site will surely help a newbie like myself. Sorry if this is a long first post, but I am hoping to get some of your guys insight and didn't want to post the usual "I'm new, plz help kthxbye"

Now to the reasons I'm off on my endeavor. I'm about 5'8" 150 pounds. I've lost ~30 pounds over the past two years because like all underclass college kids, I boozed it up pretty heavily. Since I became wiser, I've cut down on the bad habits that come along with being a drunk (eating late/crap food, not enough rest, dehydration, etc) Since then, I've found that I've been shedding pounds pretty easily - I do not like this. This past month I've been told by several close friends "You look so skinny!" Maybe if I was a babe with an eating disorder I'd take it as a compliment. I did realize that sometimes I'd be hungry and simply not eat. Can't explain why, but I'm working on that. I bought a new BBQ grill with the advent of Spring, and stocked the freezer with tons of meat and have been chowing down lately.

I've had a desire to get back into sports since I left them, but organized sports in college often leave me in frustration. I'm too competitive to play something where people don't know the fundamentals of the game. But lately, I've become very interested in weight training. I bought a 3 month membership to the nearest gym so I can't turn back now. I'm determined to do this. The facility isn't the best, but it is a lowkey place and like lots of newbies, you big guys can make us feel self-conscious in a gym. It's also less than a mile from my house. I figured a warmup run there and a cooldown jog/walk home would be beneficial.

I've read and reread all the stickied threads for us beginners, but I still would like some help solidifying my starting routine. I've never been serious into weights so some of the advice I presume will make a lot more sense once I get into the gym. I am going to start with this suggested workout posted in the "Training 101" thread.
day 1- upper push (chest, shoulder, tri), day 2- legs, day 3- upper pull (back and bi). With a day of rest inbetween workouts.
I plan on starting off this week with 2 sets at 12 reps and seeing how I do. For day 1, would that meant the total amount of sets I do would be 6? or can I do multiple exercises for each specified region, raising the sets to 12 or more.

Next, with the leg workout day, I understand the value of squats, that's one excercise I always loved and actually did very well in. Would sets of leg press and extensions fufill that criteria? or is there another more helpful leg workout exercise.

I noticed this workout regiment neglected abdominal training. Is that something that can be lightly spruced in there on all training days, or should that be specifically targeted on a certain day.

I'm not going to rush this, because that seems to be a huge preaching point, so I may continue this regiment until I feel my core is solidified enough to really start to try to pack on some mass. I'm ready to do this; I'm sick of being a little guy. I want to do this the right way and I want to finish. I've already started my diary with tips I've picked up in some of the other threads and my planned regiment. I'd really appreciate some feedback from you guys, because you guys know much better than I.

Thanks for having me onboard :cool:

Back