• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

At what point is 'Weight loss' more important that 'fat loss'?

juggernaut2005

The F.u.t.u.r.e
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know for the average person it's better to concentrate on fat loss vs weight loss for obvious reasons; but does this rule apply to everyone? same thing with the eat more to loose weight rule?

Take two men

one is 200lbs (20% bf) and the other is 400lbs (40%)

Assuming maintenance calories for each person is weight x 13 (a conservative figure)
then the 200lbs needs 2600 to maintain his weight and the 400lbs needs 5200????

So in other for both to loose weight, they need to cut cals slowly (say -500) so 2100 and 4800 respectively..

For the 400lber, shouldn't weight loss be his/her focus? Because regardless of what your body comp is, 400lbs is a lot of stress on the heart (fat or muscle). SO wouldn't it make sense that the 400lber go on a drastic calorie reduction diet? say 2500cals/day? Or base his/her calorie requirements on their 'GOAL' weight and not current weight? So if the 400lber wants to be 300lbs in 1 yr, shouldn't maintenance cals & weight loss cals be based on 300*12-500?

Am I making any sense?

I'm dabbling in that now. I weigh 243lb. I eat 2200kcal on non training days and 2400kcal on training days. If we use the body weight x13 rule I should be eating 3159kcal a day. I feel that is just too much. So I am trying this and so far its working well for me.

I see what you mean though. If I want to be 180lb in a year, which would require 2340kcal I should eat that way. That is what I am doing presently and I'm not losing scale weight but I am losing body fat. If you look in my gallery you can see shots from February and then shots from a week ago. Nothing impressive but you can see a fat loss. Mind you in both shots I weigh the same thing 243lb.

I think with a person that is mobidly obese and tipping the scales near 400lb. Yes getting overall scale weight down is a concern. However folks that are that big, I would think anyway, would have body fat at or near 50%. Either way its no good to carry that much baggage.

I'm a total newb though, so this is really just my take on things that have worked for me. I'm interested to see what some of the big names have to say.

I agree. Very fat people usually have a lot of muscle due to the exercise they get shifting all that weight of bodyfat around, so they can afford to lose some muscle mass. Otherwise, nice'n'easy does it!

bumping for more info...

Back