NapsGear.net

anyone do any powerlifting?

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

anyone do any powerlifting?

my son is thinking of getting into powerlifting (he's 18)-my specialty is bbing. Anyone know of any good resources for beginner routines and/or training? Nutrition?
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

um...this site is a good resource for begining routines.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

I know thhaaaaatt...I just dont know if there are specific changes to what one does in powerlifting as opposed to bbing. In other words, I know how to bring up lagging bodyparts, but how will this help him achieve maximum strength gains for all three lifts?
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I know thhaaaaatt...I just dont know if there are specific changes to what one does in powerlifting as opposed to bbing. In other words, I know how to bring up lagging bodyparts, but how will this help him achieve maximum strength gains for all three lifts?
    fuck lagging body parts.

has he ever trained before? is this his first introduction to lifting?

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Look for articles by the big dogs in that arena: Dave Tate, Louie Simmons, Jim Wendler, etc.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Only the strong survive

Rep Points

Excellent site!I buy all my equipment and read just about all there training articles,them guys truly top notch...Can't praise them enough!!
    "Civilize the mind but make savage the body."

A Beached Whale..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

refer to my sig

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andalite View Post
    refer to my sig
    looked at your routine-did you notice any growth while you did it?

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

just use a basic program. at 18 he doesn't need anything fancy. just work on getting foundational strength. what is his training age (consistent training)?

A Beached Whale..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

looked at your routine-did you notice any growth while you did it?
    oh damn...

i forget this is not like the other sites where i can have big ass signatures...

here, ill post the 2 books i was recommending to u:

Starting Strength

Practical Programming

trust me: buy these 2 books and ur life is made!

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    just use a basic program. at 18 he doesn't need anything fancy. just work on getting foundational strength. what is his training age (consistent training)?
    he's got 2 years of consistent training in him. He's 18. That's just it-I usually geared myself and him towards bbing routines, not paying attention to the differences.

Rep Points

A couple good internet resources to get you going:

Powerliftingwatch.com (links to most serious PL boards)

Bulk and Power (great no BS powerlifting forum)

These two will get you started

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What P said is golden. Foundational strength is key. Nothing to complicated is the way to go.