• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

all brown rice created equal?

cider303

go big or go home
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well it was my roomates time to do the shopping and he ended up getting me "instant" brown rice... I was curious what the difference is if anyone knows?

No that's garbage. You want the slow cooked long grain brown rice.

Clue: Anything "instant" = garbage.

yeah thats what i figured... i was just curious why tho? what do they do to make it "instant"

i would imagine instant brown rich ahs a higher GI?

I believe the difference is that the instant is partially cooked, then dried. This means that cooking is a bit quicker with instant.

well it was my roomates time to do the shopping and he ended up getting me "instant" brown rice... I was curious what the difference is if anyone knows?

I would agree... I never said I condoned Instant. :)
I drop a cup of the regular stuff in a large bowl and add 31/2 cups of water and microwave on high for 30 minutes... It comes out perfect every time. I clean it first of course, by rinsing it well... Brown rice can be pretty dirty.

Yeah, it's processed, pre-cooked then dried again to preserve shelf life. This would lead to lack of nutrients and higher gi. But don't just look at the gi scale on this because it's flawed.

Is some brown rice just white polished rice that's been coloured brown?

Yah they can be! i know that the "whole wheat" bread at subway is dyed white bread.

Also with processed alot of the nutirents are stripped of it to make it a more convenient, on the go meal side.

Slow cook tastes better anyways. it has more texture and is more satifyibg

wild rice= mouth sex

Is some brown rice just white polished rice that's been coloured brown?
Of course :) That's why I say stick with the old fashioned stuff.

You want to look at the label under ingredients. "Parboiled" is an indicator it's already been partially cooked.

IML Gear Cream!
Is this rice a good one to eat? I was going to have some for dinner tonight. However, the fiber content was so low that I thought it might it might be a bad choice....:hmmm:

Trader Joe's Brown Basmati Rice
1/4C uncooked
160 cals
1.5g fat
0 cholesterol
0 sodium
1g fiber
3g protein

Yeah, that's fine.

Yah they can be! i know that the "whole wheat" bread at subway is dyed white bread.

Also with processed alot of the nutirents are stripped of it to make it a more convenient, on the go meal side.

Slow cook tastes better anyways. it has more texture and is more satifyibg

wild rice= mouth sex

Really???

Back