• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Oscar De La Hoya

PBF vs. ODLH

• Oscar De La Hoya

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Dana White offered him 2 million dollars win or lose to get in there vs. Sean Sherk under MMA rules after his comments bashing the UFC.

That being said, I pick Floyd via unanimous decision.

Dana White offered him 2 million dollars win or lose to get in there vs. Sean Sherk under MMA rules after his comments bashing the UFC.

That being said, I pick Floyd via unanimous decision.

:lol:
That would be insane. Both extremely quick dudes. I'd pick Floyd via 1st round KO. His hands are second to none. I guess you never know though. Sherk could just duck his fat head and go for the takedown. What did he say about the UFC? What a prick :yell: .

Killin the jump rope
YouTube Video

That would be insane. Both extremely quick dudes. I'd pick Floyd via 1st round KO. His hands are second to none. I guess you never know though. Sherk could just duck his fat head and go for the takedown. What did he say about the UFC? What a prick :yell: .

Oh I was talkin about, Floyd vs. Oscar I like Floyd via UD. :D

In an MMA match I'd pick Sean Sherk, and he'd probably get the sub victory via can opener. :laugh:

this fight is going to be ill!!!!! like goodfella said first fight ive looked foward to in a long time def. be ordering. Im pullin for floyd but i like oscar too. Oscar looks like such a rpetty boy but hes tough as hell and has the power advantage. Should be great fight!!!!!

I'm thinking this fight might be a let down. I won't bet against OScar cuz he burns me every time but I think PBF by UD too.

Killin the jump rope
YouTube Video

Is that Suge Knight in the back!?!?!

If you're talking about the dude with the red & white shirt, it looked like it in the first frame of him jump roping. But when I saw the next angle, it's not him. Built just like Suge though.

They have identical builds, but it's definitely not him. :lol:

That's a great point about hands not being taped up. I don't think Floyd realizes that many UFC fighters have wrestled at a championship level. He is very ignorant to the fact that these are well conditioned athletes.

My money would be on Sherk.

Have you watched that 24/7 show at all? Floyd's true colors are starting to shine. Too much 50 Cent influence maybe? His camp isn't exactly full of Saints either :lol:... but seriously his mouth is starting to get annoying. And I'm not the type to usually buy into pre-fight hype (ill rhyme).

Have you watched that 24/7 show at all? Floyd's true colors are starting to shine. Too much 50 Cent influence maybe? His camp isn't exactly full of Saints either :lol:... but seriously his mouth is starting to get annoying. And I'm not the type to usually buy into pre-fight hype (ill rhyme).

Shocking behavior for a boxer.... Floyd by UD, at least 8 rounds to him.

I like the whole dysfunctional family thing going on. Floyd, Sr. asks Oscar for 2 million, Oscar says take a hike, then Floyd, Jr. decides everything is ok between them and Sr. can watch him train.

De La Hoya-Mayweather subplot: brother vs. brother

Rivalries are simmering everywhere in the buildup to the May 5 mega fight between junior middleweight titlist Oscar De La Hoya and welterweight champ Floyd Mayweather Jr.

There is, of course, a heated rivalry between the combatants, who grew to dislike each other more and more during their two weeks together hyping the fight daily on a cross-country media tour in February.

There is the rivalry-turned-reunion between Mayweather and his father and former trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr.

Senior is De La Hoya's former trainer and wanted to train De La Hoya to beat his son. But De La Hoya refused to meet his $2 million price tag and went with Freddie Roach instead, hence another rivalry.

The split led to Senior's tenuous reunion with his son, from whom he had been estranged for several years.

Now, Mayweather Sr. is a regular visitor to the Las Vegas gym where his son is training, and it's laid another rivalry front and center, the decades-old one between Floyd Sr. and his brother, Roger Mayweather, who has trained Floyd Jr. since the split between father and son several years ago.

The brothers, both former pro fighters, have had an icy relationship for 20 years. Now, they have been thrown together in the gym on a daily basis, trying to set aside bad feelings for each other for the sake of Floyd Jr., who originally turned to his uncle to train him when his father was imprisoned on a drug conviction.

There was heavy speculation that father and son would reunite as trainer and fighter after Floyd Sr. and De La Hoya split. It seemed quite possible after they buried the hatchet at the tail end of the media tour while Roger was serving out the final weeks of his own jail sentence for battery.

In fact, Mayweather Jr. opened training camp with his father working with him. But when Roger was released, Floyd Jr. remained loyal to his uncle. However, Floyd Jr. told his father he was welcome in the gym, where he now keeps a watchful eye on his son and offers him pointers to help him beat his former charge. Although his presence undoubtedly has made for some tense moments, Floyd Jr. has downplayed it.

"I'm back in the gym working with my uncle Roger. My dad is in the gym also. You know, the Mayweather family is together," he said. "It's just a tremendous combination."

Senior's presence, however, has put Roger on the defensive, and he doesn't sugarcoat his opinions.

During a conference call with reporters this week to discuss the fight, Roger was his usual caustic self when the subject of his brother's presence in camp was broached.

"It doesn't bother me at all," he said. "He can be there, he can be at home in his rocking chair, I don't give a [expletive]. The bottom line is this, we're going to win the fight regardless. I don't give a [expletive] about who we have in the gym. I don't train him based on his daddy. I don't train him based on who is there and who ain't there. And if he's in the corner, I wouldn't give a [expletive] either.

"I fought more fights than my brother, so I don't need to ask his opinion on how to win because number one, Floyd got here based on what I've done, not what the [expletive] he's done. He may have set the ground plans for Floyd, but Floyd's on pay-per-view because of me, not because of his daddy. I don't need to talk about his daddy because the bottom line is I ain't got [expletive] to say about him anyway. If you want to ask him a question, then you need to call him. Don't call me."

When Roger was quizzed about why Floyd Sr. was around he was also direct.

"Why is he there? Because that's his son. I can't tell him not to be with his son," Roger said. "That's my brother. It ain't like I hate him. His son is the one taking the risk, not me, but not him. So it's not about that. We're still brothers, remember. He was my brother before Floyd was ever born. We're in the same place and we have to get along about certain things. So I ain't going to never tell nobody to stay away from their daddy because I wouldn't want nobody to tell me to stay away from my daddy. [But] I'm the one who's doing the training, so I don't worry about the disagreement that he has with me. [His presence] don't make it awkward for me. It don't bother me one way or the other. He can be there or not. Don't matter to me."

Floyd Sr., the self-proclaimed "world's greatest trainer," clearly believes his son would be better off with him as chief trainer, but he's not pushing the issue.

"It's Floyd's fight. Whatever he decides he wants to do, that's fine with me," he said during HBO's "De La Hoya/Mayweather 24/7" debut episode. "If he wants a great chance [to win], he has his daddy. If he wants an all right chance, maybe he'll do something else."

Mayweather Jr. has left open the possibility that even though Roger is head trainer, his father could work the corner as an assistant on fight night.

"My daddy, he's going to be at the fight in the front row and he may be in the corner," Mayweather Jr. said. "We don't know yet. But he's been in the gym. My uncle's been in the gym, and there's been nothing but love. Everybody is happy."

Oh, brother!

Less than a week to go. I've never seen Oscar so focused on his opponent mentally speaking, unless it's all for the show. Supposedly Floyd Sr. took a brief hiatus from Jr.'s camp because he felt betrayed, but now he's back :laugh:

I think Floyd is a complete asshole and is going to win. I want Oscar to win though.

I think they are both assholes, Pretty Boy just outshines the Golden Shower Boy.

Back