• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sprints

Double D

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright I am trying to gauge where I should be with these. I have did em for so long, but here of late I have been feeling like some shit a few hours after I do em. I normally do em every other day and sometimes back to back days. Just trying to see how often you fellers do em? :thinking:

I did them....once. :(

I really need to get back them.

Hahah.....Yeah I dont think its quite the insight I was looking for, but thanks anyways DOMS! :thumb:

2-3 times a week but then again its part of my football workout to.

how many are you doing?

what work to rest ratio are you using?

How are you progressing them? Are you increasing to much from week to week? Are you lower rest interval? Are you working off heart rate recovery so you can display optimal power? What is the purpose for the sprints and how are you executing them?

i am normally doing 10-15 sprints of about 25 yards. I really havent progressed yet with them, but soon I am going to up it another 5-10 yards. I am normally resting about 30 seconds between each sprint. I am not working off of heart rate, though I probably should be. And my main goal is to increase aerobic capacity. It would be a bonus to get faster, but right now better shape is the key! I really work on form!

Heres another question: I noticed I am a bit slow off of the start so how do I speed up acceleration?

work on your starts.

work on your strength.

So about concerning the sick feeling. Do you think its just because I am trying to do to much while my calories are restricted?

IML Gear Cream!
So about concerning the sick feeling. Do you think its just because I am trying to do to much while my calories are restricted?

probably.

or your recovery is not so good. Maybe rest 60sec and then progress from there.

Alright, I will try that. I really just dont feel tired after each sprint. And I time myself and I am just as fast if not faster the longer I go. :shrug:

Alright, I will try that. I really just dont feel tired after each sprint. And I time myself and I am just as fast if not faster the longer I go. :shrug:

try doing shuttle runs, those will get your heart rate up.

I do box drills as well. I'll do the shuttle run as well.

what is box drill?

I put the cones in a box shape about 10 yards away from each other. Sprint the first 10, side shuffle the next 10, Back pedal the next 10, and sprint to the finsh.

oh, gotcha.

IML Gear Cream!
What do you call it?

i never gave it much name actually as I don't really use it much. :shrug:

I would call it: sprint- shuffle- backwards sprint- shuffle

lol

how many are you doing?

what work to rest ratio are you using?

How are you progressing them? Are you increasing to much from week to week? Are you lower rest interval? Are you working off heart rate recovery so you can display optimal power? What is the purpose for the sprints and how are you executing them?

ditto to the above...need more info

when I do them I run a 100 then walk one and repeat for 10-15 minutes.

ditto to the above...need more info

when I do them I run a 100 then walk one and repeat for 10-15 minutes.

If you would take the time to read the rest the information is there. And the problem is solved. :thumb:

I had been doing between 6 and 12 50-yd sprints, followed by walking 20 yds. I was doing them 2-3 times a week, but haven't lately. Gotta get my ass back out there.

What's a shuttle run?

Good to see you back, LAM!

Trips I would much rather with shorter distances. Reason being this is around about the distance for bases and if I were to sprint the entire 50 yards I wouldnt be goin top speed the whole time.

i so my sprint work w/plyos 3x one week 4x the next. if im feeling shitty one day ill skip em as i dont think itll do anything for me speed wise just burn some cals. maybe change up ure routine as u said uve been doing sprint work for awhile.

Trips I would much rather with shorter distances. Reason being this is around about the distance for bases and if I were to sprint the entire 50 yards I wouldnt be goin top speed the whole time.

This got me thinking, DD. I had been doing 50 yds almost all the time, once in a while longer. I think I need to do different distances throughout the week. Some days go shorter 20-30 yds, other times more distance.

And since when do you have to run around the bases? I thought you just hit them over the fence? :D

Back