Oven Chips/fries

Rep Points

Oven Chips/fries

This might be a stupid question but looking at the nutritional info of Oven chips (thats what we call them in UK, might be oven fries in US) they dont look too bad. Less than 5% fat, even less saturated, decent amount of carbs of which a very low amount sugars.

Now wouldnt this be another good source for carbs with my meal instead or jacket potato, rice, etc?

I realise im probably missing something here but not sure what?!

cheers

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Probably not. Make them yourself out of sweet potatoes.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Actually my wife made some dynamite sweet potatoe fries last night. Slice up a sweet potatoe, cover a baking sheet with foil and sprinkly some EVOO and sea salt on the pieces. Then bake at 400* for 40 minutes.

I'm lucky she really helps support my new way of life, and is actually shed a few herself.
    I do my best to focus on the task at hand, and give 100% in what I'm doing at the time. Nothing else matters except the task at hand.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Uthinkso View Post
    Actually my wife made some dynamite sweet potatoe fries last night. Slice up a sweet potatoe, cover a baking sheet with foil and sprinkly some EVOO and sea salt on the pieces. Then bake at 400* for 40 minutes.

I'm lucky she really helps support my new way of life, and is actually shed a few herself.
    ah i can see that being for my dinnner tonight

Rep Points

I prefer sweetener and cinnamon

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I prefer sweetener and cinnamon
    Hell anything with a sweetener of any kind these days is a real treat to me.
    I do my best to focus on the task at hand, and give 100% in what I'm doing at the time. Nothing else matters except the task at hand.

Empowered

Rep Points

400 for 40 minutes? thats a while!
    If you cut the slices slimmer it takes alot less time, I cook them in just under 20.
    10 on one side, 8 on the other.

I also dont bother cutting the skin off, i just eat it like i would an orange slice...

_TASTY_ stuff

And to answer your question, just lookup the nuts info on the potatoe.
    If you use oil, dont forget to add that to the cal/fats totals too. (any condiments as well.. katsup, or whatever else you use)
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing."
    -Abe Lincoln

I enjoy SkyDiving
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Do the fries hold together okay without having to put oil or anything like that on them? I've been thinking about making some sweet potatoe fries but I keep invisioning trying to pick one up and it just being all limp and smooshy unless I coat them in grease or oil (which I refuse to do).
    "Years of hard work for only a single moment of perfection is a worthy trade." - Myself

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah the skin on was good indeed, they were crispy on the surface but not rigid like celery. I'd compare them in stiffness to a steak fry from Red Robin or something of the like.

Yuppie

Rep Points

That sounds good, thanks for posting it!