• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Oven Chips/fries

gwilli68

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This might be a stupid question but looking at the nutritional info of Oven chips (thats what we call them in UK, might be oven fries in US) they dont look too bad. Less than 5% fat, even less saturated, decent amount of carbs of which a very low amount sugars.

Now wouldnt this be another good source for carbs with my meal instead or jacket potato, rice, etc?

I realise im probably missing something here but not sure what?!

cheers

Probably not. Make them yourself out of sweet potatoes.

Actually my wife made some dynamite sweet potatoe fries last night. Slice up a sweet potatoe, cover a baking sheet with foil and sprinkly some EVOO and sea salt on the pieces. Then bake at 400* for 40 minutes.

I'm lucky she really helps support my new way of life, and is actually shed a few herself.

Actually my wife made some dynamite sweet potatoe fries last night. Slice up a sweet potatoe, cover a baking sheet with foil and sprinkly some EVOO and sea salt on the pieces. Then bake at 400* for 40 minutes.

I'm lucky she really helps support my new way of life, and is actually shed a few herself.

ah i can see that being for my dinnner tonight

I prefer sweetener and cinnamon :nanner:

I prefer sweetener and cinnamon :nanner:

Hell anything with a sweetener of any kind these days is a real treat to me.

400 for 40 minutes? thats a while!
If you cut the slices slimmer it takes alot less time, I cook them in just under 20.
10 on one side, 8 on the other.

I also dont bother cutting the skin off, i just eat it like i would an orange slice...

_TASTY_ stuff ;)

And to answer your question, just lookup the nuts info on the potatoe.
If you use oil, dont forget to add that to the cal/fats totals too. (any condiments as well.. katsup, or whatever else you use)

Do the fries hold together okay without having to put oil or anything like that on them? I've been thinking about making some sweet potatoe fries but I keep invisioning trying to pick one up and it just being all limp and smooshy unless I coat them in grease or oil (which I refuse to do).

Yeah the skin on was good indeed, they were crispy on the surface but not rigid like celery. I'd compare them in stiffness to a steak fry from Red Robin or something of the like.

That sounds good, thanks for posting it!

Back