• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Become A Part Of Steelers History: Name The Mascot

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

Quote:
Become A Part Of Steelers History: Name The Mascot

Details:
images_image_247153156
Read The Complete Rules

Enter Until Noon on 6/29:
images_image_247153156
Submit Your Suggestion Now For The "Cricket Name the Mascot Contest"

Though fans can enter more than one name for the mascot, only one name per entry is permitted

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH As the Steelers get set to celebrate a big milestone, they're planning to do something that they've never done before -- and the team is looking for some help from fans in the process!

This season, the Steelers are introducing a new member to the team: a mascot! But the burly steelworker needs a name. That's where fans come in!

The team is kicking off a new contest to choose a name for their new addition. Now, you could go down in Steelers history... and win a great prize:

The Prize:
images_image_247153156
4 End Zone field level seats for the Steelers vs. Buffalo game (9/16/07 )
images_image_247153156
4 VIP Hospitality Tent passes
images_image_247153156
4 Pre-Game Field Passes
images_image_247153156
An Authentic Steelers 75th Anniversary game jersey and helmet
images_image_247153156
1 Parking Pass
images_image_247153156
1 year of Cricket Wireless Unlimited Phone Service with One MotoKrzr phone
images_image_247153156
One Blue Tooth wireless headset
images_image_247153156
One Car Charger
images_image_247153156
One carrying case

SteelersMascot_1_Front_75933.jpg

They earned that ... deal with it ya sniveler :bawling:

While you are correct that I should deal with it and get over it, no way you will ever convince me they earned it. That super bowl was a screw job. Come on now, you can admit it. You'll feel better and still have that ring on your thumb after you do! :)

I don't think it was a screw job. Look at the bright side, the Seahawks got a higher pick in the draft because of it. :)

While you are correct that I should deal with it and get over it, no way you will ever convince me they earned it. That super bowl was a screw job. Come on now, you can admit it. You'll feel better and still have that ring on your thumb after you do! :)
Okay okay okay already I concede to your wisdom Doctor Pepper. That 2nd quarter Willie Parker 75 yard kick return for the TD was just as illegal as it goes. Jerramy Stevens posting a TD off the 16 yarder from Matt Hasselbeck in the 3rd? What were them ref's thinking? Hines Ward taking that 43 yard pass in for the TD in the 4th? Baaad call on the ref's to allow such a thing ... no way should I consider that game a win.

Stevens at the 1 yard line brought back on a phantom hold and Jacksons TD was a bad call right? Wrong. When an offensive player is behind a defender and impedes his progress ... it's holding. Seattle got caught.

What about that Hasselbeck fumble overruled by the replay official as down by contact? No part of his body was in contact with the ground when he was touched ... that's a fumble but the ball was given back to Seattle.

It went both ways in the shit ref call department ... the officials were bad on both sides.

LOL but Pepper I gotta say that with 4 rings on 4 fingers your right. That 5th ring coulda gone on my thumb just because I'm outta room ... but I think you can see it better if I show it to ya from the index finger of the other hand (mentally insert gif image here ;)).

:kissu: :hiya:

Listen, you are correct about the Steelers making the big plays but saying the calls "went both ways" is laugable. It really is.

That holding call was one of the worst calls I've seen only to be followed by a BS tackling below the waist.

It was a poorly officiated game and 9 out of 10 of the poor calls went against Seattle.

It was also a poorly played game, particularly by the safeties, but that is for another day.

IML Gear Cream!
If you thought that was holding on Locklear, you simply are not being objective. I assume you are just busting my chops b/c otherwise you make some good points.

After the bogus holding call, Hasselbeck threw an interception. When he went to tackle the guy, he was called for "blocking below the waist." Really one of the most unexplainable calls I have ever seen.

Anyway, it put the Steelers at near mid-field, they run the trick play, Bouleware falls down, again..and the rest is history.

Seattle gave up too many big plays for me to say they would have or should have won. However, they deserved better officiating than the NFL gave them.

As for the hold that bonecrusher says was a good call. It was this call that caused the NFL to change the way officials call holding. The competition comittee guy said that they wanted officials to actually see holding before throwing the flag. Wow, interesting concept.

If I sound like a bitter, whiny cry-baby, I am. :)

Waaaaaaah! My Team Lost!
Waaaaaaah! Refs stole the game!
Waaaaaaah! the NFL had the fix in!
Waaaaaaah!

:D

Oh and they should name the mascot flaming homo with a steal rod up his ass.

After the bogus holding call, Hasselbeck threw an interception. When he went to tackle the guy, he was called for "blocking below the waist." Really one of the most unexplainable calls I have ever seen.

Anyway, it put the Steelers at near mid-field, they run the trick play, Bouleware falls down, again..and the rest is history.

Seattle gave up too many big plays for me to say they would have or should have won. However, they deserved better officiating than the NFL gave them.

As for the hold that bonecrusher says was a good call. It was this call that caused the NFL to change the way officials call holding. The competition comittee guy said that they wanted officials to actually see holding before throwing the flag. Wow, interesting concept.

If I sound like a bitter, whiny cry-baby, I am. :)
Life really is a matter of perspective. From the perspective of those officiating at the time ... the Hawks were in violation. Was the call challenged?

Back