IronMagLabs

stopped growing

Thread: stopped growing

Rep Points

stopped growing

Hey guys and girls,
    The work out tips and supplements have improved my overall strength and size, however, this past month it seems as if I can't gain any more strength or size. Hpw normal is this and what can I do to keep gaining? My eating habits have remained the same (small meals every 2-3 hrs.) and the protien intake has remained a constant. I don't think I am over training and I think I am getting enough sleep (about 1 1/2 hrs. after work outs and about 7 hrs. nightly). Any suggestions on how to improve or change for the better? Thanks.

2 Samuel 24:24
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Eat big meals every 3-4 hrs lol if you wanna get bigger and stronger dont do any cutting. Bulk up! eat eat boy.i think it might be better if you get all your sleep in one hit try 8 -9 hrs

Rep Points

Hi, If you want to be big you need to eat big, advocate 5 meals a day. It is common for gains to reach a stale point but dont give up, you may find a weight gainer helpful and if your struggling to eat enough try a mrp. Remember also that deep sleep is also an important factor as this is when your body produces growth hormone, Eat big, train hard and sleep properly, you will see results.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

it is almost impossible in this sport to keep the body in a constant state of muscular growth. the more advanced you get the slower gains in LBM come.

when is the last time you took a break ? changed the routine ? increased your caloric intake ?
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

I'll try going to the larger meals. I have been takeing a few breaks, a little more than normal lately. But the time off is spent sleeping. As for the routine, I switch up between Nautalus and free weights, some days light weights and some days heavy. Usally more heavy than light. I'm not sure of the exact caloric intake, but I will start to watch what I am taking. With any luck, this advice should go a long way. Thanks again.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

if you want to gain LBM only use the Nautilus equipment to supplement your free weight routines. you will not get very big by using a lot of machines as staples in your training routines.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

I'm the daddy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Very true.

Use free weights for the first lifts of a particular muscle group and machines after the free weights.

If you're not overtraining you might want to try something to shock your muscles: drop sets, negatives, forced reps..etc. Don't do this stuff for long or you could eventually overtrain yourself.

Go Away Body Fat
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by LAM
    if you want to gain LBM only use the Nautilus equipment to supplement your free weight routines. you will not get very big by using a lot of machines as staples in your training routines.
    What is "Nautilus equipment"?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by TriZZle305

What is "Nautilus equipment"?
    It is Machine.
    Last edited by bigss75; 06-12-2002 at 11:57 PM.

Go Away Body Fat
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

well is it a specfic machine for a certain workout or is it just a company brand for several machines?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Nautilus is a brand of equipment...they came out in the late 70's or early 80's. the originally color from the factory used to be a dark blue. they were out way before Cybex, Hammer, Flex and all the common names people see today.
    Last edited by LAM; 06-11-2002 at 05:05 PM.

Rep Points

Drop sets, negatives, force reps, heavy until failure, take 1 week off, up the calories & protein, & more intensity ... all these will help if you have not reached your max potential.. the longer you lift the harder it is to get gains is a true statement....I suggest taking 1 whole week or two off if you have been lifting for more than 1 year.
    Never say never & never give up. There is ALWAYS someone worse off than you !