tendonitis prevention?

Rep Points

tendonitis prevention?

I got quadriceps tendonitis from rehab, not tendonitis rehab.
    How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Not sure, but you could ice bodyparts that could use some prevention. And don't strain the bodyparts too much of course.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Tendonitis is just inflammation of the tendon. May be caused by many factors, overuse being the greatest. You might have alignment issues, or certain muscular imbalances which place greater stress on a specific tendon than need be. In the shoulders you have impingement.

No one can really tell you how to prevent tendonitis as it requires a proper assessment by a qualified professional, in person.

For now rest, ice and NSAIDs if you want to treat it, then talk to whoever set up your rehab program and figure out why it gave you quad tendonitis.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yanick View Post
    Tendonitis is just inflammation of the tendon. May be caused by many factors, overuse being the greatest. You might have alignment issues, or certain muscular imbalances which place greater stress on a specific tendon than need be. In the shoulders you have impingement.

No one can really tell you how to prevent tendonitis as it requires a proper assessment by a qualified professional, in person.

For now rest, ice and NSAIDs if you want to treat it, then talk to whoever set up your rehab program and figure out why it gave you quad tendonitis.

It gave me quad tendonitis because it is one-leg squats, mini-pistol squat, lunges, and more. I was doing it almost every day. I think I was being to intense with it and he was used to dealing with old people. He said do it up to 3x a day and 3 sets of each exercise and like 30 reps but I was using too much range in motion to do that.
    Do NSAIDs really help healing time at all?

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

For me, i seemed to be far less susceptible to tendonitis after i started taking Glucosamine Sulphate and Fish Oils (used to get it really bad in the elbows).
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    For me, i seemed to be far less susceptible to tendonitis after i started taking Glucosamine Sulphate and Fish Oils (used to get it really bad in the elbows).
    Gazzy also makes sure to get prostate exams on a regular basis. Not because he needs them but because he really likes them.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    Gazzy also makes sure to get prostate exams on a regular basis. Not because he needs them but because he really likes them.
    It helps tendonitis!
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Fish oil is a must. I started taking cissus and some elbow discomfort went away afterwards.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Both of them are proven anti-inflammatories so that would make sense and is good advice for anybody who does anything active on a regular basis.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.