• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why Skim Milk instead of Fat Free?

Doug C

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I notice alot of the recommendations here make suggestions to use "Skim Milk" (where applicable) but I was wondering why not use "Fat Free" milk instead, it tastes about the same to me.. is there other reasons?

Doug C

Skim milk and fat free are the same thing.

OH OK.. well, I actually considered that before posting the question but wanted to be sure since I've seen both descriptions written on the cartons of milk. The fact that folks here (any everywhere I guess) use both terms, kind of threw me.

So, SKIM = FAT FREE... I got it now.

Doug C

I usually say "skim" in place of the entire "fat free milk"... everyone knows what I'm talking about haha. Personally I've taken to using calcium enriched fat free soy milk.

They're not the same thing in my books!!
Skim milk can call itself skim milk and have up to and usually around 2% fat. This can give a fat gm intake of up to around 4-5 gms per glass.
The fat free milk I drink has .25 gms per glass. I don't recommend children ( or anyone under 25 really ) drink solely fat free because they need the extra fat. I also find that the lower the fat content, normally the higher the protein is. I also try to get a milk that has vit d enratio to calcium because it helps the uptake of the calcium which is no good to us without it . For low carb eaters, there are also versions available with zinc and magnesium which is also usually at deficit in these types of ppl. Imo Anlene What is Anlene? is probably a fairly good choice.
Hope that helps.

Blooming tianshi Lotus.

Not here in the US :) Skim Milk in the USA is Fat Free Milk.

Is this thread for real?

I prefer Fat Free Milk from back in the old days when the ole' rents weren't divorced. We had a pool and my father would ask me to skim the pool or in other words take the floating nasty shit out of the otherwise clean pool. From that I've always imagined leaves, sticks, bugs, and worst of all my urine floating around in my Skim Milk.

The Nut wrote :
Is this thread for real?

Is your reply for real? I mean come on, you must have been a newby too at one time..and not known some little something - right? Don't make me afraid to ask, now..'cause I will have some dumb question from time to time.

Doug C

IML Gear Cream!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, just don't have such soft skin. We're all here for the same reason, keep it up.

Honestly if you thought that was harsh you shouldve gotten here whenever I did. There were some serious bs going on then. What goes on now doesnt even compare.

The Nut wrote :

Is your reply for real? I mean come on, you must have been a newby too at one time..and not known some little something - right? Don't make me afraid to ask, now..'cause I will have some dumb question from time to time.

Doug C

No offense dude, but I seriously thought this was a joke. Every bottle of skim milk i ever had was fat free. Here's a little page on Milk.

Dairy Foods: Skim milk

Last edited:
No, I'm not soft-skinned at all.. If I was, I wouldn't have addressed the (perceived) sharply delivered reply..right? Probably would have just shut up. I can dish it as well as the next guy, but I just see no reason to most of the time.

My misunderstanding, it's just that I go to several forums and there always seems to be that 1 or 2 individuals, the self proclaimed expert who offers most comments up with a tone that says "uh, everyone knows that!" . Again my misunderstanding and no offense taken, and thanks for the help everyone!

Doug C

In the UK, skimmed milk (as we call it) contains ~0.3% fat.

well i have a diff tale

In the good old AUS of TRALIA

milk is fucking weird shit

too many types. if you are that anal you cant have an extra 5g of fat, which is about 45 calories (a walk up the fucking steps), then kudos to you for being a hardcore strict dude.

the only 0.1% fat milk i have seen here is called slim milk, and tastes like water

thats my $0.03

Back