• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gains coming too fast?

ponyboy

Training Trainer
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey folks,

I just weighed myself again this morning and I'm starting to get a little concerned that I'm adding weight too quickly. i started bulking about five weeks ago at 157. My diet change went fairly high up in calories (from 2200-2400 to 3000-3200) and my ratios changed as well. I'm taking in at least 200 grams of protein daily, and shooting for 400 grams of carbs as well, with around 60-75 grams fats. Nothing is exact, but most days it works. Doing all the typical stuff, eating six times a day, proper pre and post workout meals, slow burning carbs, etc.

I tipped the scale this morning at 176. I know that I have added a little bit of bodyfat, but not much as my waist girth and definition have remained for the most part (my abs are still visible). My legs have definitely increased in size b/c that's what I'm really focusing on. However, I know that healthy weight gain is a lot slower than that and I'm afraid I'm adding too much fat mass along with everything else. I'm still lifting 4-5 days per week and doing cardio 2-3 days per week (I have to because I teach group fitness and kickboxing). All of my compound lifts have gone up approx 40-50 lbs. in this time, so I'm stronger for sure. My goal weight was going to be 185 but now I'm thinking I might be able to hit 190 before cutting again. If I can gain 19 lbs in 5 weeks 14 more in 10 weeks shouldn't be a problem.

Do you think I should not worry about it and just keep moving onward and upward, or should I be concerned about fat mass?

Any thoughts? Part of me thinks I was starving myself before now and my body is finally kicking in. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I want to do things the right way.

Dave,

Here are my thoughts: First of all you just competed and if you dieted down "BODYBUILDER STYLE" there was alot of water loss therefore you would have increased water weight rapidly post competition. Second of all you and only you can tell if you gaining bad mass or not if you feel you are cut some Kcal (-250 kcal/day), if you feel your ok keep moving foward. Now your jump did seem high but that s over and done with now! My final advice to you take remember to take pictures periodically of different poses so you can compare, but also use the mirror it is your best indicator!

PS THIS is DAVETHEWONDERPONY RIGHT cause if its not i will have to revamp my advice!

Yeah John it's me...good to see you've crossed over to the dark side!

When I gain lots of size in a short time period, I know it (like right now). It could be water retention too (?)

Last edited:
when bulking or cutting you should get your bf checked every 3-4 weeks to determine where the gains/losses are ocurring. it is much easier to make adjustments to the diet that way.

Back