• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A Song!

Gazhole

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I doubt very many people ever look in my journal, but recently my PC decided to die. Thus losing the album i was recording. Ive tried for 3 days straight (hey...dont i have a job to go to?) to get it back, but ive now accepted it.

So, since my album is lost to the mists of time untill i get a working PC and begin again, theres not much point in hiding the stuff from people...since im just gonna record it again anyway, whats the point?

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Just guitars and drums, for what is a promo single of sorts by the embryonic band of mine called Hyperon - this song is called "Hypermassacre". It is a song about overwhelming anger and tenacity in the face of almost insurmountable odds and adversity. Pretty much what happens every time i take a shit.

Full version in about a year's time (at this rate...) will have bass, keyboards, electronics, death + power metal vocals, violins, and actual guitar solos. But for now, just thought id post it up.

Its not mixed or anything, this was a rough mixdown so i could play it in the car.

So yeah, enjoy.

tried listening then the site disabled uploading + dling. :(

Nice man!!

I just listened to that while watching a poor chump get demolished on the Ultimate Fighter, made it much more enjoyable!

So is this all recorded in live playing or using some sort of instrument emulator?

My brain just exploded Cap'n.

So is this all recorded in live playing or using some sort of instrument emulator?

The drums are programmed because the drummer i had chained up in the cupboard needed food.

The guitars i DI'd (Direct Input) through a Line6 Guitar Pod. Basically an amp head/effects modeller that allows you to output to a desk/Computer. It has a USB connection for the PC, so the audio is clear as hell. Lovely :D

Nice man!!

I just listened to that while watching a poor chump get demolished on the Ultimate Fighter, made it much more enjoyable!

Lol! Cheers dude. Yeah, thats the kind of mentality i have for that song. Its great for driving, great for kicking the crap outta people to, and fun to play :thumb:

Cool, the guitar work is very precise. I don't think I heard one error all the way through. How long have you been playing?

Cool, the guitar work is very precise. I don't think I heard one error all the way through. How long have you been playing?

Im a perfectionist when it comes to recording. Its a good job i dont have a band for this project yet, i need to ease them into it slowly or theyll kill me in my sleep.

My average recording time is 2 hours for every 30 seconds of recorded audio.

Guitars are 8 tracked, four separate tracks of guitars per channel, so i had to record everything 8 times in perfect sync. No wonder it takes so friggin' long...

I've been playing guitar for about 5 years, but its only this last year ive tried to play metal seriously. Before it was all chords, strummy stuff, mostly on acoustic.

Guitars are 8 tracked, four separate tracks of guitars per channel, so i had to record everything 8 times in perfect sync.

I'm glad you mentioned that, I'm on a laptop so I hooked up some speakers. (the laptop has speakers, just not good ones ;) )

Nice friggin work man.

I think I've been inspired to dust the old equipment off. :thinking:

I'm glad you mentioned that, I'm on a laptop so I hooked up some speakers. (the laptop has speakers, just not good ones ;) )

Nice friggin work man.

I think I've been inspired to dust the old equipment off. :thinking:

Lol. It sounds noich on my 5.1 setup ill tell you that ;). Though for some reason my sequencer doesnt support 5.1 output while you're in a mixing session. I hope they fix that in the next version...

a lot of effort n well worth it. time to quit your day job son.

Fucking awesome update though guys, after about 3 days of trying and trying and trying, i finally fixed the pc and the album is okay! :D

It seems it was a faulty IDE cable, that messed up the boot drive in my PC, and obscured any info from the other drive i had in there (the boot drive was then broken, and it seemed that the other one was too) but thankfully at least the drive with the album is fine.

Im going to make a lot of backups on external hard drives pretty much right now so this sort of thing never happens again.

The bottom line though, is that im still on track and im 100% fucking chuffed right now. YESSSIRR!!!!

Also, thanks Little Wing :) thats the dream one day. Itd be awesome to be able to live off music someday, even though metal isnt exactly terribly lucrative...

awesome!

If my digital 8-track hard drive died I'd probably drink from under the sink.

Back