• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

CowPimp Picks Up Heavy Shit

CowPimp

Fueled by Testosterone
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The title of this journal is right to the point. I started fresh on a new program today, and I'm ready to attack with all my might. As always, I want to get stronger, and I think I'm going to try and add some quality lean mass too now that I've cut down, but that will be fairly gradual, especially for the summer. Come fall/winter I may get a bit more aggressive with the weight gain.

Also, I'm putting less emphasis on my conditioning work. I'm lifting 4 days per week, and I will do 2 days of cardio per week. I will be skipping anaerobic intervals this time around, but I do think I will stick to aerobic interval work on the days I do cardio.

So, here's what I did today:

A1 Back Squat RI60
275x3
255x4x3
245x3x3
A2 Reverse Cable Chop RI60
#8x8x3

B1 1Leg RDL RI60
65sx3x8
B2 Plank RI60
+70x45sec

That's it. That's all I needed. So, that's basically what the strength day looks like for lower body. My first two exercises are 8x3 hopefully using something I can stick with the entire 8 sets. I started too high here (Should've been better), but I'm going to work this aggressively. My squat just sucks compared to my deadlift, so it's getting priority in the strength department. Really, right now it's been sucking period. Don't know what happened there, but will see what results over than next 8-12 weeks or whatever.

Also, I'm going to the beach for a couple of days tomorrow. I am going to find a gym in Ocean City to workout at on Wednesday, and just let me mad swimming on Tuesday be my cardio, heh. My diet will probably suck while I'm there, but overall I've been pretty strict with that throughout the past several months save for the past couple of nights, so I could use that.

coolio!

Is this routine a CowPimp original? Training for anything special?

Hahahaha! That is the coolest journal title of all times. I wish I would have thought of it.

Bovine Pimpster picks it uuuuup!!! Sounds like you have a good energy going ... :)

anim-kaboom.gif

3275091.jpg

Glad to see a new journal bro!

You training for a meet or just personal improvement?

Whats your weight at right now...last I knew it was like 192 or so.

IML Gear Cream!
Wednesday

Thanks for all the support everyone, especially the hot Asian chick.

To answer the questions posed: yes, this is a program I made up. However, it is broken up in a concurrent fashion like Westside (2 days for strength and 2 days for power). This, however, has some additional emphasis on hypertrophy and a lower intensity ceiling. I'm not training for anything in particular, no. Just for self improvement. Also, I'm not sure my exact weight. I probably finished around 187-188 on my cut, but our scale broke at work, which was the one I had been using to track progress. After these couple of days at the beach I'm holding some definite water though. I also ate and drank an incredible amount of calories, heh.

A1 Bench Press RI60
225x5x3
215x3x3
A2 1Arm DB Row RI60
100x8x3

B1 1Arm OH Press RI60
55x8
50x2x8
B2 Chinup RI60
+25x2x8
BWx8

C1DB Hammer Curl RI60
40sx5
30sx10
C2 YTA RI60
(1 second isometrics)
5sx2x8

I substituted one exercise in there because I didn't feel like competing with a bunch of old people at the gym I found by our place in Bethany beach these past couple of days. I went around 11AM, so it was me and senior citizens and that's it, heh. I figured no one was going to be going for the 100lb dumbbells, so I did 1arm rows instead of doing the standing cable rows I had planned. No biggie.

Also, my arms were so fucking fried by the time I got to the end of this workout. I had to cut my weights WAY down on the hammer curls. Chinups = bicepowned.

I didn't really do cardio on Tuesday, but I did a few hours of swimming in the ocean both days, which can actually get pretty tiring if you're jumping around like drunken jackasses as me and my friends were, heh. I'll do some cardio today, and maybe Saturday if I really feel like it, but only if I happen to wake up early. I'm not forcing it.

One more note: Working out with my own music is fucking great. God, how did I live without it?

Oh, one more addendum. My entire legs were SO fucking sore for Tuesday and Wednesday, I mean crippling soreness. Glutes, hammies, and quads were all friend from Monday's workout. I think they were so sore my gait was actually a bit off, heh. It's finally bearable this morning.

Thrusday

Elliptical
Lv8@130 x 1min
Lv10@130 x 1min

3 Rounds:
Lv12@130 x 4min
Lv12@160 x 2min

Lv12@130 x 3min
Lv10@130 x 1min
Lv8@130 x 1min

Just a little cardio today. Lasted about 25 minutes. I'm going to try and add a 4th round of those intervals. I might even go in on Saturday morning and do that, but I'm not going to be too pressed about that. Either this Saturday or next Tuesday.

Friday

A Hang Power Clean RI90
135x5x3

B1 Deadlift RI60
315x10,10,8,8
B2 Side Bridge RI60
BWx4x45sec

C1 Split Squat RI60
155x3x10
C2 Rollout RI60
BWx3x12

Legs were still very mildly sore from Monday going into this workout, but pretty minor. I didn't notice in the least bit when I was warmed up. I haven't done cleans in a long time. Form definitely needs work. I will probably stick with this weight for another week or two to get back in the groove. Those reps were hit or miss. Some of them felt good, but some of them felt off. Initially I was trying to muscle it up with my upper body, but eventually got to where I was using more triple extension and shrug. The bar definitely gets more height when done properly.

I haven't done high rep deadlifts like that in a while. My lower back will be sore tomorrow, and possibly the glutes/hammies too. My whole posterior chain was on fire after set 4. Those side bridges started to get pretty hard in this combination as well. I probably could've pulled 10 on the last set or two, but I wanted to make sure my back was locked into place.

I will probably add a 4th set to those last two exercises in future workouts; but we shall see.

I like how you mixed in your core work with your two major lifts. :thumbs:

Sunday

I like how you mixed in your core work with your two major lifts. :thumbs:

Core work makes a good superset for lower body exercises. I haven't really done much in the way of core work for a while. I figured it would be a good idea.

A Push Press RI90
135x5x3

B1 DB Incline Press RI60
75sx10
70sx10,8
65sx8
B2 WG Pullup RI60
BWx10,9,7,6

C1 1Arm Bench Press RI60
75x10
70x10
65x10L/8R
60x10
C2 Bent Row RI60
195x10,10,8,8

D1 DB Overhead Extension RI60
70x12,8
D2 Cable External Rotation RI60
30x2x12

Pretty solid workout. I tried this new gym by my house today. Pretty damned nice place, but I will probably just keep working out where I am for free. The main advantage is that they have a basketball court and a pool, which is nice to have access to.

Anyway, man, doing 4 sets of that shit owns me. I was fried toward the end there. My strength just drops off like mad, particularly on the pressing movements. I think my shoulders are already sore, hah.

Monday

A1 Squat RI60
260x7x3, 2
#8.5x8x3

B1 1 Leg RDL RI60
70sx3x8
B2 Plank RI60
+80x3x45sec

Done. Man, that workout is such a bitch. Both of the lower body workouts own me. I was mad I couldn't quite make it to the 3rd rep on the very last round of squats. The last 3 sets or so were pretty damned hard and I had a serious grind on the last repetition of all those sets. The RDLs were also tough. I faltered on 2-3 reps total throughout the duration of the sets. So, I think I'll keep the weight here, possibly adding a rep to each set if I feel up to it next time around. Planks = the pwn. Christ.

Also, my lats are quite sore today, with triceps being a close second. Shoulders and chest are also a bit sore. I like when my lats are sore, because they don't get sore all that much. Soreness just feels good.

A1 Squat RI60
260x7x3, 2
#8.5x8x3

B1 1 Leg RDL RI60
70sx3x8
B2 Plank RI60
+80x3x45sec

Done. Man, that workout is such a bitch. Both of the lower body workouts own me. I was mad I couldn't quite make it to the 3rd rep on the very last round of squats. The last 3 sets or so were pretty damned hard and I had a serious grind on the last repetition of all those sets. The RDLs were also tough. I faltered on 2-3 reps total throughout the duration of the sets. So, I think I'll keep the weight here, possibly adding a rep to each set if I feel up to it next time around. Planks = the pwn. Christ.

Also, my lats are quite sore today, with triceps being a close second. Shoulders and chest are also a bit sore. I like when my lats are sore, because they don't get sore all that much. Soreness just feels good.

I hear ya on the squats...yesterday I did 10x4 on the squat with 275 and threw up when I was done, but I was amazed with myself for gutting through and finishing, I wanted to die by the 6th set.

How are you liking these high set workouts? I am somewhat following advanced GVT and it calls for 10x5, 10x4 and 10x3 workouts over the course of 2 months, but so far I like it, it is a real bitch, I mean 10 sets is just a complete drag, but I really want to make it to the end. It calls for big jumps in the weights, if it works out. For example, I would theoretically go from 10x5 with 255 in the bench press to 10x3 with 320 over 6 bench press workouts spread out over about 2 months, so I would say that is good progress.

Good luck on your stuff going forward :thumb:

I hear ya on the squats...yesterday I did 10x4 on the squat with 275 and threw up when I was done, but I was amazed with myself for gutting through and finishing, I wanted to die by the 6th set.

How are you liking these high set workouts? I am somewhat following advanced GVT and it calls for 10x5, 10x4 and 10x3 workouts over the course of 2 months, but so far I like it, it is a real bitch, I mean 10 sets is just a complete drag, but I really want to make it to the end. It calls for big jumps in the weights, if it works out. For example, I would theoretically go from 10x5 with 255 in the bench press to 10x3 with 320 over 6 bench press workouts spread out over about 2 months, so I would say that is good progress.

Good luck on your stuff going forward :thumb:

I've used 8x3 before with some pretty good results. I really like the repetition scheme. It's a great way to get in a moderate to high level of volume at an intensity that should be good for stimulating growth and neural adaptations. Man, it's a bitch though.

If you can follow through with the workout your just laid out, then that is some awesome progress!

Diet

So here's the macro breakdown for the diet I'm eating right now. This is generally below maintenance for me. I'm just letting my metabolism adjust from my big caloric deficit. I was down another 200-300 at the end of my cut. I'll sit here for a couple of weeks and bump it up from there:

3398kcal
Protein: 190g (23%)
Carbs: 397g (42%) - 50g Fiber
Fat: 125g (34%)

As I add calories I will mostly increase my carb intake with a possible bump in protein intake as well. Over the next several months my caloric intake will probably hit mid to high 4Ks. Before I cut, when I was sitting at 196, my intake was around 4300. I hope to go beyond that this time, but that will be gradually over the course of several months.

IML Gear Cream!
Lookin solid bro!! You got one hell of a program going much grats to you for your dedication!

Dude, the most ive ever eaten is something like 4200 cals, and that was just for a freak day. The most i can keep it at is about 4000, and you're probably eating a lot cleaner than me.

Anyway, program is looking good. What are the goals for this program/phase?

Tuesday

DeadBolt
Thank you DB. Always good to see you stop in.

Gazhole
Haha, I'm willing to bet I can eat 4000 calories in one meal without too much trouble. I want to get stronger as always. I'm going to start bumping up calories to put on mass too. I think I need to get myself over 200 pounds before I cut back next time. I just need to be reasonable about it for the summer so I don't start suffering from fat boy syndrome, heh.

Elliptical
Lv8@120 x 1.5min
Lv10@120 x 1.5min

8 Rounds:
Lv12@120 x 1min
Lv12@200 x 30sec

Treadmill
12%@4mph x 12min
12%@3.5mph x 1.5min
12%@3mph x 1.5min

Hit up some HIIT cardio followed by a brief stint of some solid state cardio to wind myself down. I kept the intensity fairly high on the solid state stuff though. My heart rate was sitting around 80-82% of my theoretical maximum, which is not really challenging for me at this point. Felt good, and finished up with some stretching of various tight spots on myself.

You know, when i first saw your journal title a while back, what came to mind was "cowpimp picked up heavy shit??" (meaning i thought u were referring shit to poop such as doing farmers walk with two 100 lb bags of horse shit) but realized what an idiot i was

Anyways, it looks as if your numbers have gone up. Good stuff.

if you are going off of heart rate......why not go out to the track and get an idea of your max? then you can plan rest intervals on your interval work around your heart rate and watch your improvement.

I don't know how you or others perform more than one leg day per week. Since I've gone to my new gym, I've stretched immediately following the workout, after I drink my protein shake in the steam room 10 minutes later, while I'm sitting in the hot tub for 15 minutes, etc. and nothing seems to get rid of those DOMS two days later.

Good stuff, CP.

Gazhole
Haha, I'm willing to bet I can eat 4000 calories in one meal without too much trouble. I want to get stronger as always. I'm going to start bumping up calories to put on mass too. I think I need to get myself over 200 pounds before I cut back next time. I just need to be reasonable about it for the summer so I don't start suffering from fat boy syndrome, heh.

One meal? Jeez! Thats a stomach-wall workout right there.

But yeah, strength is gooood :thumb:. I was gonna go on some sort of a bulk, but for some reason i always say that near summer which probably isnt the best time, like you say, haha.

Im not too worried since im not a swimsuit model or anything to begin with, but id rather not have to feel back my gut to put sun lotion on :p.

shiznit
Hahaha, that's awesome about the bags of shit. What a workout that would be.

Also, I'm not really much stronger in most things right now. My deadlift is at an all time high, but my squat and bench are nothing special. Although, they are probably about as high as they have ever been for my current bodyweight. I have a feeling that once I get back to the heaviest I've ever been (A bit over 200), then we'll see some nice numbers.

P-funk
I don't go off of heart rate really, but I just check it periodically for the Hell of it. My goal is to do more work in the given time period, but I'm not quite as aggressive with this as I am with lifting more weight. However, I was considering getting a heart rate monitor and trying what you are suggesting. It would be kind of cool to get my max. I know my true max is over 200bpm; I've broken that barrier numerous times, heh.

soxmuscle
Yeah, last week I was still kind of sore come Friday. Usually when I start doing full body workouts after lower frequency programs my legs are sore the entire first week or two until I start to adapt.

Gazhole
I know what you mean, but it's still nice to look your best when you might be shirtless, heh.

Does that make for a piss poor second workout or are you able to hit your legs hard twice in a week? I'm looking into making the jump to Westside, so I'm very curious in how quickly you feel you'll adapt.

Wednesday

Does that make for a piss poor second workout or are you able to hit your legs hard twice in a week? I'm looking into making the jump to Westside, so I'm very curious in how quickly you feel you'll adapt.

It doesn't seem to be negatively affected. I've done full body workouts where I'm hitting my legs 3 times in a week, and doing HIIT work 1-2 days per week at the same time. That was a little much, but I was able to do it for a little bit.

I also did my HIIT cardio at the end of my lower body workouts for a mesocycle when I was using the Westside template. Now THAT sucked balls. God that's hard.

A1 Bench Press RI60
230x3,3,2
225x3,3
220x3
215x3,3
A2 Standing 1Arm Cable Row RI60
#12.5x8x3

B1 1Arm Military Press RI60
55x8,8
50x8
B2 Chinup RI60
+25x8,8,7

C1 Hammer Curl RI60
27sx2x12
C2 YTA RI60
(1sec isometric)
5sx2x8

My workouts have been pretty good lately. In retrospect I probably should have stuck with 225 on the bench and gone for a straight 225x8x3, which I think I could've pulled off. Still, this was better than last time. Overhead pressing also felt very strong for some reason. Overall this felt great. My body is already telling me it wants to add muscle. My appetite has been increasing. I think I'm going to bump up calories a bit more the rest of this week and into next week. Being hungry sucks ass, haha.

Back