my daughter told me someones cat had been poisoned days ago n they hadn't taken it to the vet. it's the brother of one of our cats, and i took two more of their kittens over the past 2 months cuz i know they won't get veterinary attention there. i basically told her to go confiscate the cat. we're waiting for the vet to open... any experiences?
he hadn't eaten for days n vomited a lot when he first appeared sick. he's uncoordinated, falls sometimes n his eyes don't look like he's seeing well. his pupils react but he seems dazed. he won't eat even broth but drinks a lot of water i did get him to sip a little milk. i know milks not great but under the circumstances it's the only food he's had in 4 or 5 days n online it said coat their insides with milk, egg whites or veg oil. his muscles seem stiff n his vocal cords seem affected.
i think he was intentionally poisoned, probably by a neighbor with a garden. i went online last nite to see what i could find out n there are tons of "how can i kill a cat that's shitting in my yard?" posts n some guy says he killed 9 with anti-freeze
keep your cats indoors if you have neighbors with gardens or flower beds