• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

need to drop 15 pounds, right direction?

nolefan9399

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I want to drop 15 pounds in my mid section. Am I going in the right direction?
6'2" 255 pounds

weights

5 days a week, heavy, work all body parts
Cardio 4 days a week, 30 mins each time

diet

6AM
4 eggs
4 turkey sausage patties
whey shake
605 calories

9AM
whey shake
banana
almonds
620 calories

12PM
turkey or grill chicken sandwich on wheat bread
or
grilled chicken salad
400 to 500 calories

3PM
2 cans of tuna
apple
300 calories

6PM
lean meat
vegetables
400 calories

10PM
whey shake
cottage cheese and low fat yogurt
385 calories

I am getting around 2700 calories a day and 300 grams of protein

I understand you're 255lbs but aren't those cals a bit high for doing a cut? I always recommend somewhere around 300-500 cals below maintenance for anyone looking to lose a significant amount of weight.

Also if you're doing low carbs you'll need to refeed every couple weeks or so. I wouldn't recommend doing weights 5 days a week but I don't know how your workouts are set up. I like to seperate cardio days from weight days in anyone I train because one will always degrade the other. If you do weights first you're not going to get as good of a cardio workout because you're more exhausted, and vise versa.

One thing I do recommend for those just looking to lose weight as the primary goal which I see you're doing, is compound workouts where you hit most of the body during one session. One thing that is great for toning as well as burning calories is doing supersets. It's low rest time so your metabolism is better triggered for hypertrophy and fat burning plus the fact that you're moving from station to station in one big cycle the low rest periods aren't going to degrade the amount of weight or number of sets you can do.... as much.

I'm totally on a spiel... haha. Anyway. Make sure when you do cardio you have high intensity workouts. If you can't get yourself to do HIIT then at least have a few days where you're just all out sprinting for a mile or so. You can check out my journal if you want some ideas for high intensity cardio that's pretty doable. Make the most out of your cardiovascular efforts by making sure you're utilizing both your Type I and Type II muscles, and you're burning energy from different sources (this is done by varying not only your types of cardio, IE running, cycling, eliptical, stairs... but also varying between low intensity high endurance and low endurance high intensity).

I'm not gonna type anymore.......

I understand you're 255lbs but aren't those cals a bit high for doing a cut? I always recommend somewhere around 300-500 cals below maintenance for anyone looking to lose a significant amount of weight.

I was gonna say the exact opposite. I'm 205lbs and cutting right now, 300-500 below my maintenance is 3000 cals.

Also if you're doing low carbs you'll need to refeed every couple weeks or so. I wouldn't recommend doing weights 5 days a week but I don't know how your workouts are set up. I like to seperate cardio days from weight days in anyone I train because one will always degrade the other. If you do weights first you're not going to get as good of a cardio workout because you're more exhausted, and vise versa.

One thing I do recommend for those just looking to lose weight as the primary goal which I see you're doing, is compound workouts where you hit most of the body during one session. One thing that is great for toning as well as burning calories is doing supersets. It's low rest time so your metabolism is better triggered for hypertrophy and fat burning plus the fact that you're moving from station to station in one big cycle the low rest periods aren't going to degrade the amount of weight or number of sets you can do.... as much.

I'm totally on a spiel... haha. Anyway. Make sure when you do cardio you have high intensity workouts. If you can't get yourself to do HIIT then at least have a few days where you're just all out sprinting for a mile or so. You can check out my journal if you want some ideas for high intensity cardio that's pretty doable. Make the most out of your cardiovascular efforts by making sure you're utilizing both your Type I and Type II muscles, and you're burning energy from different sources (this is done by varying not only your types of cardio, IE running, cycling, eliptical, stairs... but also varying between low intensity high endurance and low endurance high intensity).

I'm not gonna type anymore.......

I'm 6' 208 and I cut at 3500 cals. :p

Well damnit I am 180lbs and I'm on 2,200-2,300 for MAINTENANCE forgive the curiosity when noting someone's eating 600 more calories than me and wanting to make sure they're knowing undercutting their daily caloric needs. ;)

You guys and your damn calories.

Wait but are you using those BS calculators? 'Cause they say I need like 3k but all the tests I've had done narrowed me down to something WAY below that. To be even remotely accurate you need to take a lot of things into account... body type, resting metabolic rate, resting heart rate, BMI, body fat percentage, average daily N.E.A.T., how much sleep you get, what kind of exercising you do, how old you are, the list goes on.

Well damnit I am 180lbs and I'm on 2,200-2,300 for MAINTENANCE forgive the curiosity when noting someone's eating 600 more calories than me and wanting to make sure they're knowing undercutting their daily caloric needs. ;)

Wait but are you using those BS calculators? 'Cause they say I need like 3k but all the tests I've had done narrowed me down to something WAY below that. To be even remotely accurate you need to take a lot of things into account... body type, resting metabolic rate, resting heart rate, BMI, body fat percentage, average daily N.E.A.T., how much sleep you get, what kind of exercising you do, how old you are, the list goes on.

I gauge it by my energy levels. I deal with people all day long, and I'll start to get a little short with people if I'm not eating enough. :lol:

Steady weight loss + good energy levels = good caloric intake for me. :)

Damn son!! You've zoomed right by me. I need to start checking out journal land again... :thinking:

journal land is a place of dragons and woodland nymphs! It beckons you...

Nah, I was counting cals and losing weight at 3500 cals.

IML Gear Cream!
its different for everyone. its a matter of body type and current composition. a meso will need more cals obviously. me for example, when i started cutting i was 5'8 at 190 12%bf. i cut on 2800 cals from the right foods. so i can see how someone 6'5 230 could easily eat 3500 and lose

looks good. your diet is pretty low in carbs so im assuming your doing an atkins diet route. maybe consider keto?

not doing Atkins. I thought about taking away the whey in the first meal and adding some oatmeal.

Since I'm 51, my metabolism isn't like fufu's. But I started a cut at 238 lbs, and am down 14 lbs on 2800-3000 kcals a day in 8 weeks, and yes that is using FitDay to track my intake.

Me and my freakishly slow metabolsm...

Honestly I have only stopped distance running just over a week ago and I already miss the days that I burned damn near 6,000 cals... 'cause I had to eat 5,000 ;)

not doing Atkins. I thought about taking away the whey in the first meal and adding some oatmeal.

one of my problems is I was using too many supplements and not taking the true protein away from actual foods (lean turkey/chicken, salmon, etc). Try to only use whey after a workout and casein protein before bedtime.

Another thing was I mix those (whey/casein protein drink) with milk. It's probably okay with whey after a workout for the carbs, but before bed you should not be taking in any carbs. Not that you do, just wanted to give a heads up :thumb:

Back