• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rick Ankiel...

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Remember this guy? A young phenom pitcher for the Cardinals back in the late 90's who for some unknown reason just completely lost his pitch control? He then gave up pitching and decided to try to make it as an outfielder. No one gave him much of a chance for success.

His Triple A numbers at the plate this year are as follows:

59 games
222 AB
.279 avg
19 HR
52 RBI
62 hits
.595 SLG

Man, that's impressive. What a great story. I hope he gets called up to the majors soon. :thumb:

He went to a rival high school of mine same time I was in school. Hope he makes it back, that would be a hell of a story.

it is crazy when guys lose control of their pitch like that. it is a real psychological mind fuck.

remeber when chuck knoblach (sp?) couldn't make the throw from second base to first base when he was with the yankees in the late '90s? That was so messed up.

Yeah, Ankiel is pitching for the AAA Memphis Redbirds in the Cardinals organization.

I'm really pulling for this guy. It is, or was such a sad situation, but it shows a ton about his character if he's able to comeback and make it in the bigs.

Yeah I have been following him very closely! He had one of the most wicked curveballs! Looked alot like Zito, but his fastball had Zito by about 5mph....If he could still pitch we sure could use him for that!!!!!!!!

They just called up Schumaker to fill in for Edmonds instead of Ank. He's out of options, and they won't be able to send him back down without waivers. When he comes up (which I suspect will be after they sell some parts at the trade deadline), it will be for good.

IML Gear Cream!
Yep pretty impressive, especially to go from a pitcher to an outfielder.

Don't count the 2 strikeouts though :p

That was really great to see last night. Good for him.

Wouldn't it be nice to be a stud pitching prospect, fail at that, and fall back on being a stud hitter? If he did make it as a pitcher, with the way he swings the bat, he might have been one of the only players to play regularly on the offensive side of things while pitching every fifth day.

Not a chance x2

Jon Lester.

You have to be a half decent player to win the award. Lester did have cancer and god love him, but he's been one of the worst starters in all of baseball since his return.

It'll be Hamilton, in my opinion.

You have to be a half decent player to win the award. Lester did have cancer and god love him, but he's been one of the worst starters in all of baseball since his return.

There are rumblings that Clay Buchholz will replace Lester as the #5 starter within a couple of weeks if Lester can't get his shit straight.

Hey, he's on my fantasy team. :thumb:

He's on my fantasy team to. I'm so confident in his abilities that I'm trying to trade Ichiro! at the moment so I can upgrade elsewhere and just plug in Hamilton in my outfield.

Ankiel's story is great, but to go through what Hamilton went through and to come back and have a strong season like he's had. It's impressive.

There are rumblings that Clay Buchholz will replace Lester as the #5 starter within a couple of weeks if Lester can't get his shit straight.

It sometimes scares me how this team operates. I love Clay and I think he has ace stuff, but to throw him into a pennant race when he's never thrown this much in his life is just a disaster waiting to happen. I'd rather not make the playoffs this year and have 10 years of a dominating Buchholz.

Either way, we had in house options and both are now gone: Joel Pineiro and Kason Gabbard.

That was really great to see last night. Good for him.

Wouldn't it be nice to be a stud pitching prospect, fail at that, and fall back on being a stud hitter?

We've got a guy who decided to switch from catcher to pitcher this season since he was going to end up being the #3, and has gone 3-2 with a 2.64 ERA over 30 innings.

IML Gear Cream!
It sometimes scares me how this team operates. I love Clay and I think he has ace stuff, but to throw him into a pennant race when he's never thrown this much in his life is just a disaster waiting to happen. I'd rather not make the playoffs this year and have 10 years of a dominating Buchholz.

Either way, we had in house options and both are now gone: Joel Pineiro and Kason Gabbard.

The Sox are hoping Buchholz will have the same kind of impact that Papelbon had when he was first called up. Buchholz has ONE triple A start under his belt. I don't understand why they'd rush him when they have showed infinite patience with Lester, Hansen, and Delcarmen.

Julian Tavarez is still a #5 option.

We've got a guy who decided to switch from catcher to pitcher this season since he was going to end up being the #3, and has gone 3-2 with a 2.64 ERA over 30 innings.

A lot of the kids were equally as talented when I was playing. The top pitcher was always the best hitter and so fourth.

That's really cool though. What's his name?

I don't understand why they'd rush him when they have showed infinite patience with Lester, Hansen, and Delcarmen.

They're panicking.

We have a less than stellar offense, our pitching staff outside of Beckett and Matsuzaka is shaky, our bench is paper thin...

How we have the best record in baseball is beyond me.

They're panicking.

We have a less than stellar offense, our pitching staff outside of Beckett and Matsuzaka is shaky, our bench is paper thin...

How we have the best record in baseball is beyond me.

It happens every year. The Redsox will have a hot start (April and May), a June swoon, a mediocre July and then usually an August collapse followed by a revamped and get-ready-for-next-season September.

But, this season has been a lot better than all of the seasons in the past (except 2004 of course) because of our bullpen and the Yankees horrid start. I am just hoping we will still be able to pull this out since the Yanks start a stretch of playing very tough teams until the end of August.

Although, if we make the playoffs, i am not too confident we will go far because our offense is inconsistent. I bet we lead the league in men LOB. Pathetic.

Through 111 games, roughly 11/16th of the season:

W
L
RS
RA

Why that didn't come up in a table is beyond me.. hold on.

<shrug> I don't see why it's news.

The only evidence is from 2004 and it was still legal in 2004, sooooooo...

Back