Breakfast Proteins.....I need new ideas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Breakfast Proteins.....I need new ideas

I'm burned out on egg whites and oats. Somebody throw me some new ideas for breakfast proteins.
    I do my best to focus on the task at hand, and give 100% in what I'm doing at the time. Nothing else matters except the task at hand.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Protein Pancakes. There are a few recipes on the site.

A shake.

Steak

Rep Points

Whole eggs and steak. Mmmmmm.

Nice.

Rep Points

Get some highly seeded wholemeal bread, put grated cheese on one slice, add tuna mixed with a little mayo or cottage cheese, more grated cheese on top, other slice of bread on top of that, then lightly brown the whole lot in a frying pan (no oil) for a few minutes, turning until the cheese melts and the bread is brown!

Yum yum
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    First one to die, loses.
    www.extremebodybuilding.net

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SamEaston View Post
    Get some highly seeded wholemeal bread, put grated cheese on one slice, add tuna mixed with a little mayo or cottage cheese, more grated cheese on top, other slice of bread on top of that, then lightly brown the whole lot in a frying pan (no oil) for a few minutes, turning until the cheese melts and the bread is brown!

Yum yum
    I'm going to do this for the weekend because it sounds delicious. I just don't have the time during the week in the morning. I get up, get my daughter ready for the sitter and feed her then I'm out the door after I'm ready. I have about 10 minutes total prep/cook time.

I've tried making my food the night before.
    I do my best to focus on the task at hand, and give 100% in what I'm doing at the time. Nothing else matters except the task at hand.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Then do a shake

PP
    Cultured Yougurt
    Oat Bran
    Milled Flaxseed
    Berries
    Skim Milk

Rep Points

Steak

Extra lean ground beef + eggs is heaven

Fish

Cottage Cheese
    "If you don't bend those legs and do those squats, you'll never reach your potential."
    Paul Anderson

Suck Eggs

Rep Points

How about eggwhites shakes? I use them everyday... just pump a few ounces, add your favorite juice, stir good, drink and go!

Cheers

-Brian
    Egg Whites International
    Build Muscle - Blast Fat with 100% Pure
    Liquid Egg Whites Protein for Bodybuilders!

Rep Points

I dont know how some of you can stomach it.

Rep Points

Yeah you know you're on a crazed BB diet when you can honestly call a mixture of tuna, cheese, and cottage cheese "delicious."

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    I dont know how some of you can stomach it.
    Stomach what exactly????

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Fell back on an old standard this morning.

One cup 2% fat cottage cheese
    6oz Fat Free Yogurt with Fruit (raspberry)
    Multi-vitamin

Away I go its light easy, I get some good protein and good calories. Best of all its compact and I can eat it once I get to work here as I am now.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Uthinkso View Post
    Fell back on an old standard this morning.

One cup 2% fat cottage cheese
    6oz Fat Free Yogurt with Fruit (raspberry)
    Multi-vitamin

Away I go its light easy, I get some good protein and good calories. Best of all its compact and I can eat it once I get to work here as I am now.
    Ditch the premixed yougurt.

Get a cultured yougurt and throw in your own berries.

Rep Points

I know in the other thread you said you use egg beaters, how about just using the whole egg for a while, the egg whites are pretty bland. My standard breakfast is two eggs over easy on bread with a little mayo and a pile of pepper. When I screw up and overcook the yolk it just isn't as good.

Peas have high protein, get some delicious sugar snap peas to compliment whatever else you are eating, not to cook, to eat raw. It's hard to beat the prep time on raw food. I like to eat my cottage cheese with some mandarins (just buy it in a small can, they are less than a dollar). Mandarins can be whatever your choice, canned fruit works just fine here, can dump or drink the juice depending on the type of syrup they are in... I prefer things like mandarins, pineapple chunks, stuff like that, but pretty much any fruit works great. I don't know how much protein is in cottage cheese.

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Ditch the premixed yougurt.

Get a cultured yougurt and throw in your own berries.

Appreciated, but I'll stick with what I have.

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    I know in the other thread you said you use egg beaters, how about just using the whole egg for a while, the egg whites are pretty bland. My standard breakfast is two eggs over easy on bread with a little mayo and a pile of pepper. When I screw up and overcook the yolk it just isn't as good.

Sounds like a good deal, I should look into this.

Starting a fresh

Rep Points

When i used to work 6am-2pm at a hospital I'd get into work for about 6am or 5 past, with 1 scoop of whey in a container, a tupperware container 1/2 filled with oats, a shaker and a pint of milk and a spoon. mixed whey with milk, poured over the oats and ate it with the spoon.
    "Lift big, eat big, rest big"
    "Rome wasnt built in a day"
    "Go heavy or go home."

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by leg_press View Post
    When i used to work 6am-2pm at a hospital I'd get into work for about 6am or 5 past, with 1 scoop of whey in a container, a tupperware container 1/2 filled with oats, a shaker and a pint of milk and a spoon. mixed whey with milk, poured over the oats and ate it with the spoon.
    The texture of that would make me want to yack. I eat some wild things, even stuff that doesn't "taste" good per say. The texture however would push me over the edge.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Protein shake. You just woke up from an 8 hour "fast", and whey is digested/assimilated very fast compared to other sources. That way you feed your muscles/body and keep it from going catabolic.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by EWI View Post
    How about eggwhites shakes? I use them everyday... just pump a few ounces, add your favorite juice, stir good, drink and go!

Cheers

-Brian
    You wont get the full benefit(IE protein) from raw whites.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Speaking of breakfast ideas....I tried an old standard yesterday. I sprinkled a scoop of protein on my cooked oatmeal and I instantly smelled the Muscle & Oats scent from CytoSport.

I hate their oatmeals...too gunky and tastes like shit.

Anyway, even though it smelled like it, it wasnt as bad, but I put maybe a 1/4 of the scoop in... I cant imagine putting any more than that in there.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

MicroTel

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Speaking of breakfast ideas....I tried an old standard yesterday. I sprinkled a scoop of protein on my cooked oatmeal and I instantly smelled the Muscle & Oats scent from CytoSport.
    Anyway, even though it smelled like it, it wasnt as bad, but I put maybe a 1/4 of the scoop in... I cant imagine putting any more than that in there.
    The whole foods idea still works w/some whey added.
    I like the ideas listed, especially the steak or fish in the morning.
    Currently I eat this breakfast:
    --Steel Cut Oatmeal (microwaved in big glass bowl)
    --After cooking, add blueberries/strawberries/apple/almond butter and
    two scoops Whey, and pecans, tablespoon of Flax Seed Oil and you're
    good to go....
    --then add three whole eggs on the side (again microwaved including the yolks!) If you're exercising regularly your cholesterol will stay low even with all the yolks (which have essential nutrients helpful for muscle building).

Go on....DO IT!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post

My whey from True Protein has an orange flavor, not going over well in much.

I've got a few new ideas from this thread, and recylced some old ones. I'm good.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SamEaston View Post

Yum yum
    tuna in the morning??? Thats fucking nasty
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

2 whole eggs, 1 scoop protein and fiber one.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

eggwhites and white rice pancakes

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post

Peas have high protein, get some delicious sugar snap peas to compliment whatever else you are eating, not to cook, to eat raw. It's hard to beat the prep time on raw food. I like to eat my cottage cheese with some mandarins (just buy it in a small can, they are less than a dollar). Mandarins can be whatever your choice, canned fruit works just fine here, can dump or drink the juice depending on the type of syrup they are in... I prefer things like mandarins, pineapple chunks, stuff like that, but pretty much any fruit works great. I don't know how much protein is in cottage cheese.
    Peas are not a good protein source. They are a starchy vegetable.

Cottage cheese is very rich in slow digesting proteins (casein).

Canned fruit in concentrated fruit juice or syrup--you might as well just have a sprite with your breakfast.

But snap peas raw are yummy.
    The more
    The marble wastes,
    The more the statue grows.

Michelangelo

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
    You wont get the full benefit(IE protein) from raw whites.
    How so?

Liquid egg whites have a BV of 100, and because their nitrogen retention is also 100, they are the reference protein.

They're not like tomatoes, wherein lycopene is concentrated during cooking.

Unless there has been some new discovery since I was studying Nutritional Sciences...
    The more
    The marble wastes,

Michelangelo

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
    Protein shake. You just woke up from an 8 hour "fast", and whey is digested/assimilated very fast compared to other sources. That way you feed your muscles/body and keep it from going catabolic.
    You really need carbohydrates to prevent going catabolic. After a fast, unless you include carbs, your body will create them from proteins (gluconeogenesis), this is a very inefficient process wherein your protein is disassembled.
    The more
    The marble wastes,

Michelangelo

Rep Points

I start every morning with meat (beef). Sometimes I add e.g.g s, sometimes nuts or
    avocado.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast