• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Wisdom teeth....and absesses.

RasPlasch

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I went the the dentist today and they took X-Rays. The found that I have only one wisdom tooth and one tooth that is a mix between a wisdom tooth and a regular maular. But in the X-ray they think they might have found an absess....what is this? What do they do to fix an absess? My other question is how was getting your wisdom teeth pulled? Did it hurt? Please tell me your experience.

An abscess is an internal infection. It grows under the tooth. In the old days people often died from this. People still die from abcsessed teeth.

I've been hit in the head with a 2x4, a tire iron, and sucker-punched with a full beer bottle. I've been hit by a car. I've crashed a motorcycle doing 65 mph breaking several bones in the process including my right scapula, my right foot, my left hand, and several ribs (I also pissed blood for three days). I've been shot AND stabbed.

N-O-N-E of these things were as painful as getting my wisdom teeth removed. The roots of wisdom teeth are long and tend to be very well anchored. My wisdom teeth had to be broken with a dental hammer and a dental chisel then the broken chunks had to be dug out. The dentist had to put his foot up on the dental chair as he wrenched and pulled the chunks out. When we were all done he was covered in my blood. The deep bone level pain lasted for six days before it began to subside. I wished I was dead ... often. I developed a very close and personal relationship with morphine.

Other than that it wasn't too bad.

How old were you BC? It is usually a more painful situation the older you get.

I had mine out when I was 18. It was a 20 minute surgery and I felt fine, actually happy, afterwards. That was because of the drugs. About a half hour later I had the worst headache of my life. I bled alot. Besides the changing of dental gauze all day and the horrible headache, it wasn't really that bad. The biggest thing I worried about was the actual procedure, and that was cake.

You are 17, it should be fine. Just make sure you have some ibuprofin on hand and have a nice quiet place to recoop. Also have some ice packs on hand.

An abscess is an internal infection. It grows under the tooth. In the old days people often died from this. People still die from abcsessed teeth.

I've been hit in the head with a 2x4, a tire iron, and sucker-punched with a full beer bottle. I've been hit by a car. I've crashed a motorcycle doing 65 mph breaking several bones in the process including my right scapula, my right foot, my left hand, and several ribs (I also pissed blood for three days). I've been shot AND stabbed.

N-O-N-E of these things were as painful as getting my wisdom teeth removed. The roots of wisdom teeth are long and tend to be very well anchored. My wisdom teeth had to be broken with a dental hammer and a dental chisel then the broken chunks had to be dug out. The dentist had to put his foot up on the dental chair as he wrenched and pulled the chunks out. When we were all done he was covered in my blood. The deep bone level pain lasted for six days before it began to subside. I wished I was dead ... often. I developed a very close and personal relationship with morphine.

Other than that it wasn't too bad.

I'll second that.

I've been hit by two cars, been caught in a rock avalanche, fractured my tibia and walked (and climbed) on it for miles, had temperatures in excess of 105 degrees on three occasions, almost drowned (taking some water into my lungs), took a blow to the head hard enough to put me into a coma, had someone tug on my internal organs, and sat through the first half of An Inconvenient Truth.

And the worst pain I've ever experience was in a dentist's chair.

How old were you BC? It is usually a more painful situation the older you get.

I had mine out when I was 18. It was a 20 minute surgery and I felt fine, actually happy, afterwards. That was because of the drugs. About a half hour later I had the worst headache of my life. I bled alot. Besides the changing of dental gauze all day and the horrible headache, it wasn't really that bad. The biggest thing I worried about was the actual procedure, and that was cake.

You are 17, it should be fine. Just make sure you have some ibuprofin on hand and have a nice quiet place to recoop. Also have some ice packs on hand.
I was around 30 because my son was still in diapers but had just started to walk. He knew I was miserable and kept coming over and hugging me.

Well Im young compared to when you had yours done....so I will hope that my procedure isn't as bad. Haha.

You guys might want to wipe off your vaginas.

:joke:

I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I thought the ordeal was pretty cool. They shot me up with novocaine and went to town. My dentist did just as BC said and stuck his foot on the chair to get more leverage. He twisted one way, then the other, then pulled one out. I saw a stream of blood shoot out of my mouth. He then stuck some gauss in and went to work on the other. All in all, the whole extraction took 10 minutes. The dentist commented on how easy the procedure went, and that it never goes that smoothly. I have talked to other friends with nightmare stories, but mine wasn't bad at all. I can't take pain medicine, it makes me sick to my stomach, and I never needed any. The holes in my jaw healed up in 2 days, and I could eat solid food by day 3.

I had 2 removed 2 months ago. I refused to have them out as a teen. I just asked them to work with it and they did, as it related to braces.

One of the teeth started to reabsorb in the last few years. It's like when you are a kid and the baby tooth below the gum dissolves, it's rare. I finally gave in and got that tooth out, as well as the one below because it wouldn't have a tooth to contact with thus making it useless.

So I got dry socket(a very very very not lucky situation) in the lower tooth's hole. It hurt bad for 3 weeks. I could still function but it was a struggle not to let the pain show at work. From my perspective if I know it isn't killing me I get through pain ok. I've had worse but sometimes you don't have a choice and have to suck it up to get better. It still sucks though.

: (

Good luck I hope it goes well.

I've heard of people getting put under when getting there wisdom teeth pulled. Has anyone else heard of this happening?

I read online that if I do have an abscess I might have to get a root canal. My mom said those are hell to get, she has had several performed on her.

Does anyone have any experience with those?

Thanks for your wisdom teeth stories. Through my life I have heard more stories that claim getting the wisdom teeth pulled "isn't as bad as it sounds" then stories that are like BoneCrushers and Doms. So I still have my hopes up for a not as bad as I think dental procedure.

Dude, I was so slammed I couldn't remember nearly the whole day. You won't really be totally under like to the point you need a catheter(you don't want one). You will be pretty well plastered with a drug that basically gives you amnesia. You won't even know what happened.

IML Gear Cream!
Alright haha, thats what I was hoping for.

Tell your doctor, "I don't want to know even what happened."

That way they will give you more. ; )

I've heard of people getting put under when getting there wisdom teeth pulled. Has anyone else heard of this happening?

I read online that if I do have an abscess I might have to get a root canal. My mom said those are hell to get, she has had several performed on her.

Does anyone have any experience with those?

Thanks for your wisdom teeth stories. Through my life I have heard more stories that claim getting the wisdom teeth pulled "isn't as bad as it sounds" then stories that are like BoneCrushers and Doms. So I still have my hopes up for a not as bad as I think dental procedure.

I was put under. About 30 seconds after they injected me I was out.

I remember it fondly. I had all 4 taken out at once. The whole experience was 1.5 hours (good thing he charged by the job and not the hour). That bastard was sweating when it was done. He said he'd never seen roots so hooked before. The whole experience of listening to crunching, drilling and whatever the fuck else they do was magnified in my head.

Weird thing was swelling was minimal (because it continued to bleed through the night). I took T3's for the first day and didn't need then after that.

I'm also slightly immune to freezing, it takes 2x the amount before I'm numb. So they really shot me up with novocaine and my lips didn't work for hours after. The drooling was pretty funny.

You guys might want to wipe off your vaginas.

:joke:

I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I thought the ordeal was pretty cool. They shot me up with novocaine and went to town. My dentist did just as BC said and stuck his foot on the chair to get more leverage. He twisted one way, then the other, then pulled one out. I saw a stream of blood shoot out of my mouth. He then stuck some gauss in and went to work on the other. All in all, the whole extraction took 10 minutes. The dentist commented on how easy the procedure went, and that it never goes that smoothly. I have talked to other friends with nightmare stories, but mine wasn't bad at all. I can't take pain medicine, it makes me sick to my stomach, and I never needed any. The holes in my jaw healed up in 2 days, and I could eat solid food by day 3.

Ditto. I was actually eating solid foods that day. Just chewed at the front of my mouth.

You guys were all awake when you had your wisdom teeth removed?? I am definitely going under when i have it done on July 13th. I don't even know what i am more worried about. This or eye surgery which is in August.

I have 8 teeth on the bottom so according to this I have my wisdom teeth. On the top though I only have seven on each side and I don't feel any more room. I'm scared lol.

Ditto. I was actually eating solid foods that day. Just chewed at the front of my mouth.
Not me man I was a walking vagina for a week. Anything not body temperature couldn't be eaten, and chewing was nothing less than masochism.

I went to the dentist the other day. I have no wisdom teeth, and she says it's because I'm more evolved haha

Not me man I was a walking vagina for a week. Anything not body temperature couldn't be eaten, and chewing was nothing less than masochism.

Oh it hurt. And I was retarded and tried a salad. But I am a stubborn prick.

IML Gear Cream!
i had two removed a few years ago and the dentist injected novocaine, left the room a few minutes while i read, came back in and wrenched each one one way then the other n pulled them out. the weird feeling of having my mouth still frozen after was the worst part.

years before that though i had an abscess that broke before i was scheduled to see the dentist. an abscess is like a little pearl of puss, just to be vividly disgusting, and when it breaks the pressure is relieved but it poisons you. i woke up n it felt like i'd been crying in my sleep, my eyes were swollen but i didn't remember any bad dreams. i just thought it was weird... then i noticed the toothache that had prompted me to call n make an appointment was gone. during the course of the day i developed my first migraine which grew in intensity culminating in projectile vomiting from the pain and a trip to the er. you should be on antibiotics now until your dentists treats you, an abscess that drains inter orally can cause septicemia.

You guys were all awake when you had your wisdom teeth removed?? I am definitely going under when i have it done on July 13th. I don't even know what i am more worried about. This or eye surgery which is in August.

being put under scares the crap out of me. they could pull all my teeth with nothing for pain if my only alternative was to be put under. i've been wide awake for 4 surgeries and 3 wisdom tooth extractions so far.

These days they prefer to keep you awake. Statically there's less complications from awake surgeries. Awake surgeries are usually cheaper as well since they don't have to have an anesthetist on staff and an additional nurse.

At least that's how it was explained to me many moons ago.

I'd rather be awake myself, everyone I talked to always complained how shitty they felt when they woke up.

I was gassed. I remember making small talk with the anasthesist and joked a bit with her. I said "just make sure you wake me up at the end if it" and she replied "oh dont worry i will". The next thing i remember was comming to in the waiting area.

You must have someone with you to take you home after. You are not allowed to go home by yourself even if it is only a short cab ride away. I dont remember much pain as the prescribed pain killers did their job.

I went the the dentist today and they took X-Rays. The found that I have only one wisdom tooth and one tooth that is a mix between a wisdom tooth and a regular maular. But in the X-ray they think they might have found an absess....what is this? What do they do to fix an absess? My other question is how was getting your wisdom teeth pulled? Did it hurt? Please tell me your experience.

Just had mine pulled yesterday morning. NO2 feels so good. Mine stopped bleeding after a couple hours and pain has been very minimal. In fact I went out last night and hung out with friends, I didn't drink or anything though.

Back