Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Stuff I can cook w/ a slow cooker?

Rep Points

Stuff I can cook w/ a slow cooker?

I just bought this slow cooker yesterday from walmart for 10 bucks. I was wondering if there is any thing else I can cook with this besides rice?

Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Like a crock pot?? You can cook anything in those things.

Rep Points

I'm cooking 3 pounds of chicken in mine right now.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The list is huge. Enormous. Google recipes then post what you find that interests you and we can help you make it more healthy.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I usually throw a 1 1/2 lb package of chicken breasts in the crock pot, cover them with water, add a package of Lipton onion soup mix, give it a quick stir and cook on low all day. You can use them in various recipes from sandwiches to pasta or rice dishes. Very tasty (but high in sodium).
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
    Another favorite is to brown a top round roast in Pam cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper and toss it in the crock pot with some carrots, celery, potatoes and a package of Lipton onion soup mix. Good Stuff!

training to be Goku

Rep Points

What is the advantage of using a slow cooker for chicken and other meats vs the grill or just boiling it in a pot?

Here i am again!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

moisture usually, you a re usually slowly boiling something (vs fast causing it to be hard) you slowly cook it, moisture stays in it and things just fall apart, it seems to be great to infuse flavors as well since things just slowly sit and cook.

if you have the time, slow cooker, fast and quick, grill.

a slow cooker doesnt biol so much as stove top. the diff with a slow cooker is you put it on and walk away vs putting a pot on the store, leaving it on for 8+ hours and worrying about that.
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© The trouble with life is there’s no background music ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© God must love stupid people, he made so many of them ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Life ain't short, your just dead for too frick'n dam long! ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸

Rep Points

I prefer to use meat on the bone. I have done chicken breasts in the crock pot and it turns out like pulled chicken......but if you throw some thighs in there they will be super juicy and tender. Falls right off the bone!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

holy cow crock pots are awesome!
    grab a cheap ass cut of steak, throw it in with some broth and veggies and have a great stew 6 hours later. limitless. find a good cookbook at Borders.

Dookie

Rep Points

Yep, the best thing about a slow cooker is you can use inferior cuts of meat and they still come out awesome. Just make sure you season liberally or it may be bland.

Also, walking away for the day or starting it at night and going to sleep is a big plus. Definitely get whatever cuts on the bone if possible and you will be rewarded.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    The list is huge. Enormous. Google recipes then post what you find that interests you and we can help you make it more healthy.
    How about this one?

INGREDIENTS
    3 to 4 pound beef brisket
    1/4 cup liquid smoke
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup beer
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon sage

DIRECTIONS
    Sprinkle brisket with liquid smoke and seasonings. Wrap well in large piece of aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight if desired. Place wrapped brisket in slow cooker; cover and cook on low 9 to 12 hours (high 5 to 6 hours).Serve brisket with juices.