• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Stuff I can cook w/ a slow cooker?

JailHouse

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just bought this slow cooker yesterday from walmart for 10 bucks. I was wondering if there is any thing else I can cook with this besides rice?

Like a crock pot?? You can cook anything in those things.

I'm cooking 3 pounds of chicken in mine right now.

The list is huge. Enormous. Google recipes then post what you find that interests you and we can help you make it more healthy.

I usually throw a 1 1/2 lb package of chicken breasts in the crock pot, cover them with water, add a package of Lipton onion soup mix, give it a quick stir and cook on low all day. You can use them in various recipes from sandwiches to pasta or rice dishes. Very tasty (but high in sodium).
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Another favorite is to brown a top round roast in Pam cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper and toss it in the crock pot with some carrots, celery, potatoes and a package of Lipton onion soup mix. Good Stuff!

What is the advantage of using a slow cooker for chicken and other meats vs the grill or just boiling it in a pot?

moisture usually, you a re usually slowly boiling something (vs fast causing it to be hard) you slowly cook it, moisture stays in it and things just fall apart, it seems to be great to infuse flavors as well since things just slowly sit and cook.

if you have the time, slow cooker, fast and quick, grill.

a slow cooker doesnt biol so much as stove top. the diff with a slow cooker is you put it on and walk away vs putting a pot on the store, leaving it on for 8+ hours and worrying about that.

I prefer to use meat on the bone. I have done chicken breasts in the crock pot and it turns out like pulled chicken......but if you throw some thighs in there they will be super juicy and tender. Falls right off the bone!

holy cow crock pots are awesome!
grab a cheap ass cut of steak, throw it in with some broth and veggies and have a great stew 6 hours later. limitless. find a good cookbook at Borders.

Yep, the best thing about a slow cooker is you can use inferior cuts of meat and they still come out awesome. Just make sure you season liberally or it may be bland.

Also, walking away for the day or starting it at night and going to sleep is a big plus. Definitely get whatever cuts on the bone if possible and you will be rewarded.

IML Gear Cream!
The list is huge. Enormous. Google recipes then post what you find that interests you and we can help you make it more healthy.

How about this one?

INGREDIENTS
3 to 4 pound beef brisket
1/4 cup liquid smoke
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup beer
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sage

DIRECTIONS
Sprinkle brisket with liquid smoke and seasonings. Wrap well in large piece of aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight if desired. Place wrapped brisket in slow cooker; cover and cook on low 9 to 12 hours (high 5 to 6 hours).Serve brisket with juices.

Back