• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is this carpel tunnel? (Sp?)

Claudette

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I used to think that the pain I felt near my wrists while lifting weights was due to weak forearms. So I worked my forearms, but the pain is still there. The pain I feel is kinda like a straining pain in under my wrists. I felt this today when doing bench dips, where my wrists were bent. I always seem to feel them towards the end of most of my sets where I'm holding heavy weights in my hands. Last week I was doing reverse grip cable pulldowns and had to stop doing them (after lightening the weight didn't help) because it hurt too bad. Now I'm feeling it as I type. It's in both wrists. I'm pretty sure it's CT, but wanted to ask you guys what you thought about my symptoms. I don't have medical insurance, so asking questions is my only choice. Also, what can be done about it if it is CT? Thanks a lot.

Tracie

do you have any numbness or tingling feeling in the morning or during your sleep?

Tank has the symptoms right.

The only thing I know that can be done is rest. Or extreme cases surgery. It may not be the weight training that???s doing it. Typing can be a killer. Be sure your posture is correct it makes a big difference. I've had it in the past. You know how IT's/RM's are always on the keyboard.

Braces may help if you don???t mind looking like a dork.:D j/k

I've had some type of RMI or CT, not sure which. When its bad, like Mick said get some rest, working the forearms at this time will just kill them. I've been in tech support in the past which is when I had my problems, from typing 80-110 WPM most of the day :( Now I rarely ever have a problem, thankfully I type alot less nowdays as well.

Force yourself to slow down if you type alot, and pay attention to your 'form', seriously. For any forearm excersizes when you recoup, keep them slow, and I'd suggest 2-3 sets not more (JMO). Don't curl with your fingers, and make sure that you do them slow and deliberately, not bouncing them at all. Feel free to NOT go down all the way (helps me), thats what works for me, no problems any longer. Someone ought to be able to suggest a supplement to help strengthen the joints/ligaments/etc? I remember shark cartilage being popular, but I'm not up on what is suggested these days.

As mentioned if it is some type of RMI or CT, then you will have a tingling feeling travel up the arm, due to the swelling and constriction of blood flow.

Originally posted by Tank316
do you have any numbness or tingling feeling in the morning or during your sleep?

Nope, no numbness. Just pain. Thanks for all your advice guys. Since I posted this thread I have been taking it easy on my forearms and limiting my typing. I'll keep you posted.

I knew a woman that didn't work out at all, didn't do cash register work or alot of typing, but every once in awhile wore wrist support (canvas) because her thin wrists would bother her. I'd probably ask a doctor whats up sometime.

Back